Visa Office......
New Delhi
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Nope
LANDED..........
Not today Perhaps One Day.
Good day , does anyone know how long after the police background report does the medical request come in . My application is biometric exempt. Application is in the Bogota Colombia VO
I got it within one week
London Visa Office

Reactions: Robbiet

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Good day , does anyone know how long after the police background report does the medical request come in . My application is biometric exempt. Application is in the Bogota Colombia VO
Some countries seem to do Medical request much later in process. You should try to compare to other Bogota apps and also for same country as PA.

For spousal applications though it really is not worth stressing about (or as little as possible) - they will ask for the medicals to be done when they need it. (I know much harder for applicants for whom the panel physicians are much further away and involves travel etc)

Last edited:
Reactions: Robbiet

rh1138

Sep 1, 2020
Hi all, my wife is sponsoring me (US Citizen) and I had a question. I recently received my biometric letter which requires me to appear with my passport. I recently received a new one which I submitted via the Webform. Is that notification sufficient? I haven't been able to find any number to call IRCC... thanks much.

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi all, my wife is sponsoring me (US Citizen) and I had a question. I recently received my biometric letter which requires me to appear with my passport. I recently received a new one which I submitted via the Webform. Is that notification sufficient? I haven't been able to find any number to call IRCC... thanks much.
Webform is all you need to do.

navjotbrar

Oct 9, 2020
Hi everyone,
My husband applied for my outland spouse visa in september. They received my documents on Sep 24,2020. After that their is no update at all. I haven't received my AOR. We called IRCC they gave us temporary file number. I am really stressed. its been more than 7 months now. what should i do next??

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi everyone,
My husband applied for my outland spouse visa in september. They received my documents on Sep 24,2020. After that their is no update at all. I haven't received my AOR. We called IRCC they gave us temporary file number. I am really stressed. its been more than 7 months now. what should i do next??
Unfortunately there isn't much more you can do to speed the process. If you feel inclined you can contact your MP and Immigration Minister but realistically they'll only provide similar information as calling IRCC. Once you get your AOR things will move very quickly so stay positive.

Reactions: navjotbrar

navjotbrar

Oct 9, 2020
Unfortunately there isn't much more you can do to speed the process. If you feel inclined you can contact your MP and Immigration Minister but realistically they'll only provide similar information as calling IRCC. Once you get your AOR things will move very quickly so stay positive.
thank you

navjotbrar

Oct 9, 2020
We are in same situation application received 28 sep , no news back! Nothing! Its very frustrating, i totally agree ! When i called they gave us a temp number in February which means nothing !
Same here, sep24 application, bo AOR nothing at all, called them in April, they gave me a temporary number that’s it

Reactions: Nina1981

can_asp

May 15, 2021
Dear All, First of all, many thanks for the wonderful community in this forum who shares their experiences and valuable advices which helps others like me. At the moment, I am stuck in a situation and would like to take your valuable advice on how to proceed next:

• My wife and I are Indian Nationals, holders of Canadian PR card but currently living in UK. We must re-enter Canada before Apr 2022 to meet PR Residency Obligation.
  • Very recently, we are blessed with a baby boy in UK (Indian Citizen) and we couldn’t extend our visa to continue staying in UK and is expiring by e\o Jun 2021.
  • Post UK Visa expiry, We are afraid to leave for India due to the current covid situation there, possible delays in processing Canada visa for my newborn and the flight ban Canada imposed on India. If the flight ban is not revoked before Apr 2022, we might even end up losing our PR status in Canada.
  • If we must leave for Canada directly from UK, our new-born would need a visa. Since one of the parents need to be physically in Canada to sponsor PR for the dependent child, would you suggest we try applying TRV for the newborn from UK so we could take the newborn with us immediately? Per Canada.ca site, Current processing timelines for TRV is 427 days from UK. Are there any possibility of requesting for expediated processing for my scenario? Also, what are the chances of approval as our intent is to take the child there and apply PR sponsorship and not really for tourism purpose. If this is not approved, would it affect any future visa requests for my newborn in Canada including His PR visa when we sponsor later?
  • Having said that we only have time till e/o June 2021 in UK, is TRV the best route we could follow to take the newborn directly to Canada from UK or would you suggest any other route?
I truly appreciate any suggestions or guidance for my situation. Thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Apply for TRV. You can see if there is some kind of request for urgent processing. Ignore the 427 days, many of not most TRV apps were not being processed at all so the numbers tell you little.

Good luck.

Reactions: can_asp

can_asp

May 15, 2021
Apply for TRV. You can see if there is some kind of request for urgent processing. Ignore the 427 days, many of not most TRV apps were not being processed at all so the numbers tell you little.

Good luck.
Many thanks for your quick suggestion! I shall surely try with that option and check if there is any way to expediate it.
Assuming my application gets picked up but only to get rejected as the intent is dual(Going on TRV only to apply for sponsorship and stay longer), does that have any implications on the future visa applications(TRP or sponsor PR for dependent child) of my newborn?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Many thanks for your quick suggestion! I shall surely try with that option and check if there is any way to expediate it.
Assuming my application gets picked up but only to get rejected as the intent is dual(Going on TRV only to apply for sponsorship and stay longer), does that have any implications on the future visa applications(TRP or sponsor PR for dependent child) of my newborn?
No, it won't negatively affect future applications. The biggest constraint is time, no idea how long a TRV app might take you for your child. So you may need to make alternative plans.

Reactions: can_asp

can_asp

May 15, 2021
No, it won't negatively affect future applications. The biggest constraint is time, no idea how long a TRV app might take you for your child. So you may need to make alternative plans.
Understood. Appreciate your quick response. Thank You!