+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

questforthemapleleaf

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Congratulations! Question: on your GCkey account did it still say “processing”background check/review eligibility/final decision when you found out ECAS said “decision made”?
Thanks. It is still showing the same (what you mentioned). Those are not updated until the passport is stamped. The same thing happened during my own PR.

Nina1981

Jan 20, 2021
sept 04 received,232 days past, no news, no aor, no sa, no emails, no return packages. Nothing...
called, said the documents was in the system. that is all. frustrated....
We are in same situation application received 28 sep , no news back! Nothing! Its very frustrating, i totally agree ! When i called they gave us a temp number in February which means nothing !

Reactions: expatgoingback

hilda8519

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
We are in same situation application received 28 sep , no news back! Nothing! Its very frustrating, i totally agree ! When i called they gave us a temp number in February which means nothing !
yes. we had the temp file number as well. They said remove the X in file number is your aor number. I had tried to search it and link it into my account. failed...which means no aor.....

Reactions: Nina1981

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Stay positive everyone. I know it's hard, I only received my AOR recently, but they are working on September files so it will come soon. Keep 1 year as the average time to complete the file (IRCC goals). I know 3 people this week which have had first contact from IRCC.

Reactions: missfickel

sep2020_bb

Apr 12, 2021
File sent to Nova Scotia- Sep 3, 2020
File received - Sep 8th, 2020
AOR received- March 25th, 2021
No update since then from IRCC. Can anyone tell generally how many days it takes to receive SA after AOR?

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Reactions: Khan2001

gouthamj

Dec 31, 2020
Hi, Did anyone submit a translation of the Birth Certificate with a certified true copy? As per the Requirement, the certified true copy has to have the following:

A photocopy of an original document. It must be readable and certified as a true copy of the original by an authorized person. The person compares the documents and marks on the photocopy:
  • their name and signature
  • their position or title
  • the name of the original document
  • the date they certified the document
  • the phrase “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document.”

However, in my case, the notary public refused to write the name of the original document. Is that a problem? Also, should the true copy be in color or black and white? If somebody has gone through this please help.

Kayessgee

Aug 27, 2020
Hi, Did anyone submit a translation of the Birth Certificate with a certified true copy? As per the Requirement, the certified true copy has to have the following:

A photocopy of an original document. It must be readable and certified as a true copy of the original by an authorized person. The person compares the documents and marks on the photocopy:
  • their name and signature
  • their position or title
  • the name of the original document
  • the date they certified the document
  • the phrase “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document.”

However, in my case, the notary public refused to write the name of the original document. Is that a problem? Also, should the true copy be in color or black and white? If somebody has gone through this please help.
I scanned the original birth certificate and emailed it to a translator and she did the translation and certified the documents and then mailed the stamped copies back to me.

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
I don't suppose anybody knows what this addition on ECAS means: "We started processing your application on April 20, 2021." I thought it might mean the start of the background check, but no change on GCKey since medical. Is it just a ghost update?

GC Key still shows the following:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • March 9, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We have received the additional documents you provided.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Khan2001

Nov 26, 2015
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Nope
LANDED..........
Not today Perhaps One Day.
File sent to Nova Scotia- Sep 3, 2020
File received - Sep 8th, 2020
AOR received- March 25th, 2021
No update since then from IRCC. Can anyone tell generally how many days it takes to receive SA after AOR?
Yours and mine timeline is immaculately similar nothing after AOR however I have link at GC and at Ecas under my UCI ID it says in process that’s all and on GC Key it says Submitted on September 9th if anything comes up gimme a buzz budd I will do the same.
Until then God bless you stay safe and health buh bye.

Reactions: Deinny