+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

questforthemapleleaf

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
One odd thing I noticed, the system is calculating the 1 year processing time from the date of submission and not the AOR date (so mine says 6 months left). I know it doesn't mean anything, but I thought the official timeline started with the AOR! Also thought they are not showing the timelines anymore as it didn't show up immediately when I received the AOR (though it was showing application in process). I checked this yesterday.

Reactions: Huniverse

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
One odd thing I noticed, the system is calculating the 1 year processing time from the date of submission and not the AOR date (so mine says 6 months left). I know it doesn't mean anything, but I thought the official timeline started with the AOR! Also thought they are not showing the timelines anymore as it didn't show up immediately when I received the AOR (though it was showing application in process). I checked this yesterday.
Yes, many getting down within a year. Mine looking good so far.

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
It looks like they've updated the estimated processing times on the website. When you click on the "?" it clarifies that 80% of current applications being finalized were received during that time period.

"
Spouse, partner or dependent child: Outside Canada process
Last updated: March 2, 2021

We’re still accepting family sponsorship applications.

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
May 12 and 18, 2019 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.
"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html#questionmark-outside-spousal-result

ShaeJ

Feb 8, 2021
It looks like they've updated the estimated processing times on the website. When you click on the "?" it clarifies that 80% of current applications being finalized were received during that time period.

"
Spouse, partner or dependent child: Outside Canada process
Last updated: March 2, 2021

We’re still accepting family sponsorship applications.

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
May 12 and 18, 2019 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.
"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html#questionmark-outside-spousal-result
This is confusing because I was in another group where April 2020 applicants are receiving AOR+.

Reactions: NweNweAung

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
This is confusing because I was in another group where April 2020 applicants are receiving AOR+.
Well, they are saying it will take a lot longer than the 12 month average to have your application finalized. I assume that includes passport request etc.. If this is correct, and they don't speed up, it looks like our group won't be able to get PR until somewhere around June of next year.