+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I was kind of concerned that we would get caught up with bad timing.

I remember seeing brand new inland applications getting temporary AOR right away, while people from April Inland are still waiting. Unfortunately, it would seem that new applications are getting scanned immediately on intake and the rest of us from Sept-Oct-Nov are just sitting somewhere being gradually scanned in as someone gets around to it.

It's shitty, I feel like every time I'm involved in an immigration process it's jinxed and the worst it's ever been.. lol

When my husband was coming over to the US, they lost his paperwork over and over, it took two years to get his temporary green card. I guess that's how it's going to be now going back the other way. lol

Reactions: hilda8519

bath_navpreet

Jul 27, 2017
Regarding the delay of our applications processing, I think we should all tweet on IRCC official Twitter handle, usually they respond to most of queries on twitter.
(Any suggestions on this )

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I just had another thought. I am now wondering is any of the applications are being done because of their intended jobs. There was something on the website about expediting people from essential fields, so maybe that is why some are going faster. I happen to be in one of those fields. Just a thought.
I believe those are applicants under other programs where credentials and experience are scrutinized.

Reactions: expatgoingback

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
I had someone tell me yesterday a Chinese app got ppr in 4 months from received. Complete lie. Her aor2 from ppr was two days. Yah right. Dont beleive everything you hear on here.

Reactions: Huniverse

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Received AOR1 yesterday via email (Appl delivered 09/28/20). Was able to link account today on CIC. For what it's worth, the online portal says processing time for our application approx 7 months.
Mine says the same, submitted application Sep 30

Received a request for additional information (updated police certificate). Was able to link the application number to my online account! No separate AOR email, but I assume this is the equivalent. Also, curiously, the online account says "you don't need a medical exam." I've never done one before, I wonder if this will change?

For what it's worth, I heard back just after sending in two complaints about IRCC services. Coincidence?

Last edited: