+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

Abl15

Sep 9, 2019
Hello guys. I am a Canadian PR. Sponsoring my wife From Cameroon.
-Application sent by Canada post September 22nd
-Application delivered September 25th. No signature upon delivery, but called canada post to confirm and they did confirm.
******I have been waiting for an AOR but I just found out yesterday we forgot to hand sign on the IMM 5669 form, Schedule A. It says it clearly on the instructions. But we completely missed it. I have sent immigration a webform with a new IMM5669 with a hand written signature beside the typed name. And I also send a written letter, my wife's passport, my PR card and the spousal sponsorship payment receipt. I also mailed NS today with a new IMM5669 form and some other docs, which will be delivered nextweek.
I am just worried that my application will be sent back and we will have to start all over. All our application is complete. Just missing that signature.
Hello guys, so cic replied to me saying they could not locate my file. Probably because september files has not been touched yet to generate an application number. I don't know what else to do. I'll just have to be patient and wait. God is in control.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
As much as I don't like calling CIC, I did so early morning today and had a pleasant conversation with the agent, much to my surprise.

1. Can you find my file in the system to give me a temporary number? He checked couldn't find it.

2. Can you see other September applications in the system? They're not in the system yet,I do see July though, so maybe give it another month before calling back, close to December most likely.

3. Can I submit a webform without the temp number? Yes, you can, but it's useless because it won't link to any application so would advise you wait for at least the temporary number.

4. Does name have to be written in native language on IMM5406? Yes, that would be preferred if applicable.

Hopefully these responses help the rest of you.

Reactions: Korion

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
As much as I don't like calling CIC, I did so early morning today and had a pleasant conversation with the agent, much to my surprise.

1. Can you find my file in the system to give me a temporary number? He checked couldn't find it.

2. Can you see other September applications in the system? They're not in the system yet,I do see July though, so maybe give it another month before calling back, close to December most likely.

3. Can I submit a webform without the temp number? Yes, you can, but it's useless because it won't link to any application so would advise you wait for at least the temporary number.

4. Does name have to be written in native language on IMM5406? Yes, that would be preferred if applicable.

Hopefully these responses help the rest of you.
Good info. Thanks for sharing.

CanadianCatLady

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Hi everyone, I know this information has been posted a million times, but I just searched it and couldn’t find it after 30 mins. So please forgive me. What is the series of numbers I should press when following IRCC phone prompts, in order to speak to a rep and obtain temp number? I would like this info for when Sep outland applicants start receiving temp numbers. Thanks in advance.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Hi everyone, I know this information has been posted a million times, but I just searched it and couldn’t find it after 30 mins. So please forgive me. What is the series of numbers I should press when following IRCC phone prompts, in order to speak to a rep and obtain temp number? I would like this info for when Sep outland applicants start receiving temp numbers. Thanks in advance.
Number : 1-888-242-2100

Get to Agent Press 2-1-0 after hearing them blabbering for about 3 minutes.

jclarke99

May 10, 2020
Given October was the month they had to speed up, it seems they actually did and it was rightly March focused. Hopefully if they continue like this, they might be able to get done with the backlog in the next 2-3 months. Can be our turn by January hopefully.

Month Processing DoneMonth App ReceivedAOR1sSABiometrics Requested
Sep Total352628
OctFebruary101
March805856
April321616
May924
July201
June902
Oct Total1337680
So, how long is it taking to achieve Decision Made (DM)? Looking at the 2019 and 2020 tracker spreadsheets, about half of the July & August 2019 Outland group have indicated DM. Sept & Oct 2019 are approaching 50%, and then it drops off from there. Therefore, it's taking a bit over a year (from application received) for about half of applicants to achieve DM. Hopefully, this will speed up given the dedication to additional processing resources starting this October. And it's encouraging to see a handful of February 2020 applicants achieve DM.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
So, how long is it taking to achieve Decision Made (DM)? Looking at the 2019 and 2020 tracker spreadsheets, about half of the July & August 2019 Outland group have indicated DM. Sept & Oct 2019 are approaching 50%, and then it drops off from there. Therefore, it's taking a bit over a year (from application received) for about half of applicants to achieve DM. Hopefully, this will speed up given the dedication to additional processing resources starting this October. And it's encouraging to see a handful of February 2020 applicants achieve DM.
From what I have noticed, a lot depends on the LVO that it goes to. Also keep in mind lots of offices weren't working March - July, so if we add 5 months back ( assuming they don't close again ), we can be looking at 10 months. But that is wishful thinking. More realistic is Nov 2021 for most of this group.

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I had submitted Form 5406 online because I thought I forgot the city and zipcode for my brother.

Anyhow, I finally got an email back and they said that they can't attach that document, that I would just have to send it again after it's rejected.

Hopefully I corrected that form before I sent it and just forgot to save it. But, otherwise I'll be sending my application again after it gets rejected.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
August 4 Outland also. Sponsor received AOR and sponsor's approval, then the PA received Biometric request. I saw it on FB group.
Well, lots of August AORs. 6 of them. But it doesn't make sense. They should be going by date, not random. This way December people will get AORs before we do.

Month App Received# of Applications Received# of AOR1s# of SA# of Biometrics Requests# of Med Requests# of AORs Pending# of SA Pending# of Biometrics Pending% of AOR Complete% of AORs Complete% of Biometrics Complete
February1491391151219110342893%77%81%
March22413310296828511612261%47%44%
April1133424201779899330%21%18%
May681277556616118%10%10%
June771355264727217%6%6%
July7743417374735%4%5%
August686426264669%6%3%
September525252520%0%0%
Grand Total82834126025519848756256741%31%31%

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019
I had submitted Form 5406 online because I thought I forgot the city and zipcode for my brother.

Anyhow, I finally got an email back and they said that they can't attach that document, that I would just have to send it again after it's rejected.

Hopefully I corrected that form before I sent it and just forgot to save it. But, otherwise I'll be sending my application again after it gets rejected.
Did you receive your Temporary Application Number?

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020

I think not every officer will look at every applications the same. Some had theirs returned, mostly Inland for zip code/country mistake. But also some were still able to get AOR. I hope we are all lucky to get AOR, hopefully this December or sooner.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017

Please don't fret it. Just wait to get your temporary number and use it to attach updated form to your file. It is a pretty common occurrence and lots of people have to submit amended forms even from the September 2020 group.

And "they" don't know anything. "They" only give out misinformation and negative info at that. Take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: bcakes