+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

Tayyab29

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
I was looking through my forms and realized that I left off my brother's city and zipcode on form 5406.
UGH! I'm so annoyed with myself. I printed it, signed it, scanned it and then submitted it online even though I don't have a UCI or any other number.
My file is still going to get returned, isn't it?

I should have used an attorney or something; my husband likes to rush that sort of thing and tells me I worry too much. He kept nagging me to hurry up with the forms. I should have spent another weekend reviewing my forms.

I believe we were supposed to include a letter about our daughter's status as well- we applied for her citizenship certificate, but, of course it will likely be a year before we hear back on that anyways. I included the receipt and a copy of the form we sent, but, can't remember sending an actual letter explaining.

After seeing all the other applications getting returned from March- I'm so concerned about having my file returned in 5 months; which prompted the review of my documents at 2 AM.
What were the reasons of the application being returned. I have the similar issue with additional family information form. I was thinking to send them once i get the temporary number, do you think it will be to late till then?

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
What were the reasons of the application being returned. I have the similar issue with additional family information form. I was thinking to send them once i get the temporary number, do you think it will be to late till then?
Oh, it hasn't been returned yet, I'm just worried that it will be 5 months from now when they finally review it and see the missing information and I'll have to start all over. I submitted the replacement form online, but, not sure if that actually works or not.

Kayessgee

Aug 27, 2020
Oh, it hasn't been returned yet, I'm just worried that it will be 5 months from now when they finally review it and see the missing information and I'll have to start all over. I submitted the replacement form online, but, not sure if that actually works or not.
I am on hold with IRCC right now for this exact question. I will update when I find out.

Reactions: Korion and pc8922

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
May I ask how you were able to submit a replacement form online when we don't even have a temp file number yet?

Kayessgee

Aug 27, 2020
I am on hold with IRCC right now for this exact question. I will update when I find out.
That was the rudest person I’ve ever spoke to. He said no you just have to wait for it to be returned to you, there’s no way to update the information on a package that hasn’t even been opened yet.

Tayyab29

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
That was the rudest person I’ve ever spoke to. He said no you just have to wait for it to be returned to you, there’s no way to update the information on a package that hasn’t even been opened yet.
Every now and then u will get connected to a ignorant CIC agent. so dnt worry. @pc8922 sent the documents, he/she can help us.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Every now and then u will get connected to a ignorant CIC agent. so dnt worry. @pc8922 sent the documents, he/she can help us.
I am actually waiting for Temp Number so I can send the IMM5406 form in Native Language, so haven't sent in yet . I asked a few people, they have said wait about 2-3 months and use the temp file number you get to upload documents through web form. They are then added and looked at at time of sending AOR1.

Kayessgee

Aug 27, 2020
I am actually waiting for Temp Number so I can send the IMM5406 form in Native Language, so haven't sent in yet . I asked a few people, they have said wait about 2-3 months and use the temp file number you get to upload documents through web form. They are then added and looked at at time of sending AOR1.
Wouldn’t they just look at the application and immediately return it ? Why would they look at webform if they weren’t planning to send AOR? I’m so nervous about this now.

Tayyab29

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Wouldn’t they just look at the application and immediately return it ? Why would they look at webform if they weren’t planning to send AOR? I’m so nervous about this now.
You can call in advance of getting an AOR1 and get the temp file number, have the document and hopefully be good to go. That's what some people have done - we can emulate too.

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I uploaded mine without a number, I entered a bunch of other information and it let me do it. Probably the wrong way to do it though, so I wouldn't follow what I did.. lol

akreviews

Jun 21, 2017
Thank you information. We are planning to go with the order stated in the checklist.
  1. IMM 5533 – Document Checklist
  2. Barcodes from IMM 1344 -> 1page & 0008 -> 2 Pages -
  3. Cover Letter
  4. Header Page 1 -> Sponsor Forms
    1. IMM 1344
    2. Application fee paid receipt
  5. Heading Page 2 -> Principal Application Forms
    1. IMM 0008
    2. IMM 5562
    3. IMM 5406
    4. IMM 5406
    5. IMM 5669
  6. Heading Page 3 -> Sponsor & Principal Application Forms
    1. IMM 5532
  7. Heading Page 4 -> Supporting Documents for Sponsor
    1. Permanent Resident card both sides
    2. Offer letter which includes information such as the period of employment, salary, hours per week & employer
    3. Payslip for the specified period of employment
    4. Notice of Assessment
    5. Proof of income statement - Bank statement or Payslip
  8. Heading Page 5 -> Supporting Documents for Principal Applicant
    1. Passport with all the stamped pages
    2. Birth certificate
    3. Aadhar Card
    4. Marriage certificate
    5. Police clearance certificate
    6. 2 x Passport size photos of the principal applicant
    7. Proof of relationship
      1. Bank transaction – Western Union statements
      2. 5 emails from friends & family
      3. Wedding invitations copy
      4. Health insurance
Do we need to submit the PCC original ??
Hi,

Just a quick query on the 'Cover Letter' you listed above: was the cover letter written from the perspective of the Principal Applicant, or from the Sponsors? How many pages did it run into?

k8rth

Sep 18, 2020
Hi,

Just a quick query on the 'Cover Letter' you listed above: was the cover letter written from the perspective of the Principal Applicant, or from the Sponsors? How many pages did it run into?
Cover letter is returned from the perspective of Principal Applicant it holds information about the list of proofs attached. Cover letter just one page document acts as a Index of the proofs