+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***September 2020 INLAND Spousal PR***

dim232

May 27, 2021
People are getting DM
Hope we will be next.
And guys can you tell who got DM today. I didn’t see your BGC date on the sheet. Please give more details thank you
Hi, BGC still shows in-progress in gckey but our ECAS updated to DM today. No other email, etc...

sandy92

May 8, 2018
No BCG says they are processing it and it has been like that for many months.
Congratulations btw
I think only those people are getting DM whose BGC is already been started.Seems like they are not updating on GC key. That’s why it shows your BGC is in progress but they didn’t updated to conplete. May be later on they will do it

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Hi, BGC still shows in-progress in gckey but our ECAS updated to DM today. No other email, etc...
Hi

I had the same thing - DM on eCAS, but BGC & eligibility in process on online acc.
Got portal email though 3 days ago and responded right away - just waiting for credentials now

You should be getting some emails with good news soon! :D

020tothe6

Sep 10, 2020
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
11-09-2020
Hi everyone, it's been a few weeks now since I've had my medical and on my page it still says 'medical requested'. Does anyone else have this or should I get in touch with IRCC?

Last edited:

Janette1977

Mar 9, 2020
Hi All,

We received this letter:
What does it mean?

Dear XXXX:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hi All,

We received this letter:
What does it mean?

Dear XXXX:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
That is what is called Approval in Principle. The applicant is now deemed eligible as the letter states. The sponsor will get a letter of Sponsor Approval (SA) soon, if that hasn't already come. You're almost nearing the end.

Janette1977

Mar 9, 2020
That is what is called Approval in Principle. The applicant is now deemed eligible as the letter states. The sponsor will get a letter of Sponsor Approval (SA) soon, if that hasn't already come. You're almost nearing the end.
Thank you for your reply!
Yes we have sponsor approval letter. No medical letter yet.
Does this mean they still can reject?

treestump

Jun 15, 2021
Hi everyone, I was wondering if it was common to get AIP and SA, but not have BGC start in GCKey (it still says Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check)? I thought that in order to get AIP and SA BGC had to at least start.

Edit to add another question: I received the AIP message/PDF in GCKey, but I still have

Review of eligibility

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Did anyone else have this happen?

dingledorf

Oct 2, 2020
We called today and the agent said our application is being sent to Beijing? Is this normal? This is an inland application so we're kinda confused.