+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***September 2020 INLAND Spousal PR***

javis77

Jan 31, 2021
Hi Javis,

After looking at that link and the associated webpages, it looks like your spouse does not need an IME.

Try answering the questionnaire as best as you can, and if it still asks you to upload an IME as part of the final checklist, just upload a letter of explanation (doesn’t have to be long, a couple sentences to explain where your spouse is from and why she doesn’t need an IME - make sure to include a link that you sent me).
You can also call IRCC if you want to double check on this!

Also, what step of the PR process are you on right now? Might give us an idea of how long you might need to wait.. (although no one can say for sure )

Hi Majima,

We just submitted our Inland sponsorship this month and we haven't received any confirmation email that IRCC received our application yet. It could take a few months before they send an email to us that they have accepted our application.

I know I am in the wrong thread here because most of you guys have already submitted your PR and OPW applications last year 2020. We are hoping everything is ok and nothing is missing so PR and OPW applications can be accepted.

Thank you very much for your input and I will add that to the letter. For digital photo, did you just submit 1 photo right?

Amycaur

May 20, 2021
Yes.. I was wondering the same thing about the fees. Hopefully we can get them back if we get PR before OWP. When did you do your medical? Mine still shows "We have requested a medical exam" even though I did mine on the 28th of May.
Same. Doctor sent on 28th . Still shows medical requested.

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Hi Majima,

We just submitted our Inland sponsorship this month and we haven't received any confirmation email that IRCC received our application yet. It could take a few months before they send an email to us that they have accepted our application.

I know I am in the wrong thread here because most of you guys have already submitted your PR and OPW applications last year 2020. We are hoping everything is ok and nothing is missing so PR and OPW applications can be accepted.

Thank you very much for your input and I will add that to the letter. For digital photo, did you just submit 1 photo right?

Oh! No worries, everyone on this forum is either seeking answers or providing one! :)

Since you JUST submitted your spousal sponsorship inland application, it might take a couple months before you receive your AOR. To maintain status it's important that you submit your visitor extension application asap (and not wait so long that you have to submit a restoration one later!). Hopefully you are not missing any documents for your PR application and it will be accepted for processing. :)

I think this is the best course of action since it is highly encouraged to maintain legal status at all times (even in spousal PR inland cases)- so that you won't have complications with your OWP application. In short, IRCC won't grant your partner an OWP unless they have legal status by the time IRCC gets to their application- submitting a visitor restoration gives your partner's OWP application a higher chance to succeed.

And yes you only need to submit 1 digital photo for the online application.

Reactions: javis77

Mintonten

Mar 4, 2020
My spouse lives in the US fo

I agree with you, my spouse has lived outside of Canada last year for more than 6 months ( from the US). However, i think US citizens are exempted from doing medical examination for visitor visa extension from the look of that chart. I might be wrong here.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents/country-requirements.html#wb-auto-5
That makes sense. I lived in the US for over a year, before coming to Canada.

simjan18

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Yea several from Sept got work permits yesterday!
I think it all depends on who is working on your documents ( as in processing agent) and how long they pended their work item to be reviewed hopefully we all get and update about COPR or OWP soon :)

javis77

Jan 31, 2021
Oh! No worries, everyone on this forum is either seeking answers or providing one! :)

Since you JUST submitted your spousal sponsorship inland application, it might take a couple months before you receive your AOR. To maintain status it's important that you submit your visitor extension application asap (and not wait so long that you have to submit a restoration one later!). Hopefully you are not missing any documents for your PR application and it will be accepted for processing. :)

I think this is the best course of action since it is highly encouraged to maintain legal status at all times (even in spousal PR inland cases)- so that you won't have complications with your OWP application. In short, IRCC won't grant your partner an OWP unless they have legal status by the time IRCC gets to their application- submitting a visitor restoration gives your partner's OWP application a higher chance to succeed.

And yes you only need to submit 1 digital photo for the online application.
Hi Majima,

Yeah :) I think it is the safest approach. I think most people would extend their spouse visa while waiting for Inland Spousal sponsorship. I got all documents ready now and will submit my spouse`s visitor visa extension today.

Thank you very much for taking your time answering my questions. I hope everything is going well with you and you will get your PR soon :)

Keep me posted with everything :)

Reactions: Majima

simjan18

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Congrats . I got on Friday
Just waiting for BGC begin. All the best
my BGD has begun but nothing on OWP medical shows received so hopefully something will come through soon :) but i am super happy :) at least some of us are hearing from them :)