The passport given name is updated from A B to A(i.e. middle name is dropped); ircc is informed by raising the webform and uploading the scanned copies of new passport (with given name A), old cancelled passport (with given name AB), a one and same person affidavit (as a linking document), one/two public documents in India with name A (as additional proof) and a LOE.
Later after such a change in passport details, when the biometrics resume for express entry applicants, and I go to submit biometrics with both passports (old and new) and BIL(which has given name A B), then do you think there would be any issue during biometrics submission or would it be denied? What care/documents should I take to be able to submit biometrics?
- What other documents would be needed to be uploaded?
- How long does it usually take for ircc to update the file after raising a webform for such a change?
Or in such a scenario, does ircc issue a new BIL to match the updated name on passport?
Thank you in advance for all your help. You are a saviour and a guide for all the people like me who try to understand the process and want to take right decisions.
Thanks. This website means the people who are CEC and in Canada doesn't have to do the flagpoling.
IF I go with the option to submit a passport at my home country's VO I can get COPR via email and then at Canada's airport when I comeback I can show the COPR and based on that the PR will be mailed to my Canadian address.
Is my understanding correct?
I think Eligibility is Recommended passed. Your VO and CEC Inland?CEC - AOR Sept 8
My GCMS note under eligibility section says,
Please review: EDOC****** A11.2: Review Required R87.1: CEC MINIMUM REQUIREMENT - Appears Met Ready to Finalize, RPRF: Complete
What does that mean, Is it ready to finalize or still review required on eligibility?
Thanks so Much!Hoping this helps you.
The situations where you need to be careful is if you are counting the 50 points for arranged employment.
If you have an employer specific work permit, and you leave your job, it is risky as you may lose the 50 points for arranged employment. These 50 points are awarded on the basis of having a valid employer specific work permit at the time of submission, working for the company, and also having a job offer waiting for you for after you get your PR status. If you you leave your job in the middle and IRCC would find out, they may refuse your PR application. It is rare that this happens, but it does happen. IRCC would only find out if an individual would proactively notify IRCC or if the officer would ask for an updated job letter during processing.
The work permits that this applies to are:
If you have an Open Work Permit, this does not apply as you are not eligible for the 50 points for arranged employment in the first place, hence, no risk in losing these points. In the case of an Open Work Permit, you can leave your job in the middle of processing your PR application, as the points you earned were from past work experience that you indicated when you submitted your PR application.
- LMIA based Work Permit
- LMIA-exempt work permit such as a Intra-company Transfer, NAFTA Work Permit, CETA Work Permit, Young Professional Work Permit (via IEC program)
- Other employer specific LMIA-exempt work permit (Professor, Religious Worker, etc)
Thanks a bunch!1. Yes, a BOWP is an open WP and you can work for any employer.
2. depends, if your claimed points for your current job, you will have to inform IRCC that you no longer work for the one listed, in case IRCC wants to verify your employment.
3. No, you have an open WP.
5. No. However, if you claimed points for arranged employment, and you decide to change your job, your arranged employment may be withdrawn thereby reducing your 50 points.
ITA Agust 20
AOR Sep 3rd.
My agent sent me this since Dec 23rd then NO updates until now.
- Remaining processing time 10 weeks
- 62% Complete
- Passed Medical Exam Oct 21st
- Do not need additinal documents
- Eligibility is reviewing
- Background check is processing
- Interview & Bio do not need
Anyone has any new progress??