+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SEPTEMBER 2019 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

StanDiv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
**Hello guys, finally I got the PPR yesterday at aron 6PM. I would say that CPCM has donenthe most FASTEST service ever in my case***

SPONSOR: Canadian Citizen with a criminal record for DUI, Peace bond for Aggravate assault.

PA: INDIAN
APPL SENT ONNSEP 23
AOR1 ON NOV 6TH From that point on the process started. Never had any update on gckey since my lawyer never linked (up until last night). Did BIO, MED and got SA and Ecas updated to "Medical received" file transferred to CPC-M on Nov 22th. So all that in November.

***NEVER GAVE TRANSLATED CHAT LOG IN ENGLISH, gave original exported whats app convo in TAMIL (language). NEVER GAVE CALL LOGS***

DECEMBER 6th ecas changed to "appl received" on PA side, DECEMBER 10th line 2 was added on ecas "application in process as of Dec 9th". DECEMBER 10th evening around 6PM received PPR.

***NEVER received AOR2 email (also lawyer checked SPAM). NEVER received Pre-Arrival letter. No interview was requested. NO ADR for translation*** THIS IS THE MOST FASTEST SERVICE EVER IN MY OPINION.

The reason why I mentiinne all of the above is for my fellow sponsors who are waiting for updates with lots of doubts and panic, please HAVE CONFIDENT IN YOUR APPLICATION and dont get discourage by reading various peoples experiences...EACH CASE IS DIFFERENT. I know how it feels when you wake up every morning and first thing to check is your email, ecas, gckey and having to through the rest of the day barring disappointment. STAY STRONG, STAY POSITIVE...YOU...ARE...NEXT!!!! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE OF YOU...

***P.S: There are many senior members in this forum who might know the word "I AM NOT SURE" when you ask them a question and WILL make you feel like you are going to get rejected...Just read them and experience it iur selves!!! THATS THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL FIND OUT!

These were the "red flags" that some base on to say YOU WILL BE REUSED!

-This is my second marriage.
-My wife is 11 years younger than me.
-I have criminal record which MIGHT be a problem.
-We got married on my second visit.
-We only had about 15-20 people at our wedding.
-No pre-wedding pictures, no invition.

I ONLY BELIEVED IN OUR LOVE AND GOD! BEST OF LUCK GUYS!

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
**Hello guys, finally I got the PPR yesterday at aron 6PM. I would say that CPCM has donenthe most FASTEST service ever in my case***

SPONSOR: Canadian Citizen with a criminal record for DUI, Peace bond for Aggravate assault.

APPL SENT ONNSEP 23
AOR1 ON NOV 6TH From that point on the process started. Never had any update on gckey since my lawyer never linked (up until last night). Did BIO, MED and got SA and Ecas updated to "Medical received" file transferred to CPC-M on Nov 22th. So all that in November.

***NEVER GAVE TRANSLATED CHAT LOG IN ENGLISH, gave original exported whats app convo in TAMIL (language). NEVER GAVE CALL LOGS***

DECEMBER 6th ecas changed to "appl received" on PA side, DECEMBER 10th line 2 was added on ecas "application in process as of Dec 9th". DECEMBER 10th evening around 6PM received PPR.

***NEVER received AOR2 email (also lawyer checked SPAM). NEVER received Pre-Arrival letter. No interview was requested. NO ADR for translation*** THIS IS THE MOST FASTEST SERVICE EVER IN MY OPINION.

The reason why I mentiinne all of the above is for my fellow sponsors who are waiting for updates with lots of doubts and panic, please HAVE CONFIDENT IN YOUR APPLICATION and dont get discourage by reading various peoples experiences...EACH CASE IS DIFFERENT. I know how it feels when you wake up every morning and first thing to check is your email, ecas, gckey and having to through the rest of the day barring disappointment. STAY STRONG, STAY POSITIVE...YOU...ARE...NEXT!!!! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE OF YOU...

***P.S: There are many senior members in this forum who might know the word "I AM NOT SURE" when you ask them a question and WILL make you feel like you are going to get rejected...Just read them and experience it iur selves!!! THATS THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL FIND OUT!

@Standev you do admit that there are many discrepancies in your app compared to what the gov't says is required and what many on this site say are mandatory and you will be refused without them. It's sensible since many have not done the right thing and have been refused or delayed.

I notice on the tracker that the Indian applications are most abundant but also moving the fastest through the system. It makes me wonder if they are following the same approval processes other VO's are supposed to adhere to or because they are so busy with applications that they are overlooking some items that other country VO's will not process with out.

It is a case by case basis however they try to make almost everyone's case the same so we're all applying and getting approved with the same rules. Some will see your situation and wonder why so fast? Why does he/she get away with not giving what is required? Why do I have to do all of this and wait for months with no response?

The advice given by most senior contributors here are extremely valuable. I do agree that some are very dismissive and are barely a help with little to no explanation of a very confusing and lengthy process that stresses many of out at the best of times. I feel that sometimes we need a support group for fellow applicants and sponsors to really get each other through the whole experience.

Congrats to you on the decision and speed at which you were processed. Thanks for the updates. It gives us all hope to be with our loves as soon as possible.

Momoazk

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018

APPL SENT ONNSEP 23

Congratulations on such fast processing of application! Your post is motivational and gives hope to others.
However, I 100% agree with above applicant JohnyToronto. It makes me wonder if the VO's way of processing applications is even fair and does the background of the applicant reflect the process. I am a September 23rd applicant as well and just had an update on GCkey i.e. medical passed (dec 7th). And I know its too early for me to be impatient. :)

VeeM

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
@Standev you do admit that there are many discrepancies in your app compared to what the gov't says is required and what many on this site say are mandatory and you will be refused without them. It's sensible since many have not done the right thing and have been refused or delayed.

I notice on the tracker that the Indian applications are most abundant but also moving the fastest through the system. It makes me wonder if they are following the same approval processes other VO's are supposed to adhere to or because they are so busy with applications that they are overlooking some items that other country VO's will not process with out.

It is a case by case basis however they try to make almost everyone's case the same so we're all applying and getting approved with the same rules. Some will see your situation and wonder why so fast? Why does he/she get away with not giving what is required? Why do I have to do all of this and wait for months with no response?

The advice given by most senior contributors here are extremely valuable. I do agree that some are very dismissive and are barely a help with little to no explanation of a very confusing and lengthy process that stresses many of out at the best of times. I feel that sometimes we need a support group for fellow applicants and sponsors to really get each other through the whole experience.

Congrats to you on the decision and speed at which you were processed. Thanks for the updates. It gives us all hope to be with our loves as soon as possible.

That is exactly was i was thinking about.. is there any reason why all indian applicant are getting their PPR like really fast ? And other applicant hav

Reactions: masudraza

StanDiv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019

Hi, I really dont believe there are any discrepancies in my application and ket me elaborate;

I did not submit translation and was not asked because I did provide 3 years worth of conversation, provided my boarding passes of 2 visits before wedding and 2 after wedding, pictures o out outing and small wedding, reception pictures. Which the officer might have been convinced by those.

I have a criminal record for DUI which is not at all an issue when it comes to spousal sponsorship since I dont have any assault conviction on family members or others. It was a charge that was dropped under peace bond and supporting docs were submitted.

My wife and I were in love for about 9 months before meeting and i was divorced for a year prior to us even dating.

Fact that she 11 younger but she was over the age of 22 when we got married must have been a considering factor.

In her BCG, fact that she never travelled outside of India made the check more easier.

I do not believe at all that CPCM is not following same procedures as other LVOs. If anything, I would say they are much detail oriented, hence why some files gets transferred to the PAs LVO for more checks to be done (again its my personal opinion).

My intentions were not to "show off" the fast process of my case but it was to show and tell other sponsors not to worry for small delays.

With that being said, I appreciate everyone who replied to my silly inquiries when I was worried. But when I look back at some members it makes me feel that they for some reason were able to see through their pc screen the pain they inflicted in others with their blunt answers and had some joy out of it (or i'm over thinking it, but its what i feel honestly).

Momoazk

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
That is exactly was i was thinking about.. is there any reason why all indian applicant are getting their PPR like really fast ? And other applicant hav
If you scroll down on this spreadsheet, you'll see majority of applicants are from India, so it makes sense that most applicants in green are mostly from India too. Its a big country what can you do lol. Here's a link for the spreadsheet just FYI. :)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=2124350621

I'm not from India so I wondered the same, until I saw that there are so many applicants from India, and its likely that others are not updating the spreadsheet as much as Indians. Its also possible while doing background check the country is responding faster than others.

kuldeepklu

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
I sent email and then uploaded the same through GCKEY as well. Status shows that 'Your documents have been uploaded' and application status changed back to 'Submitted'.

No update afterwards.

Yesterday I called IRCC to check whether they received photos and if they really needed printed photos. The agent confirmed that photos were received but she was vague about printed photos requirement. She ultimately left it to my judgement :D

Sounds good. I noticed in GCkey it says application submitted. But haven't noticed any changes in the ECAS. Let me know if you have any updates.

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
My intentions were not to "show off" the fast process of my case but it was to show and tell other sponsors not to worry for small delays.
No worries there my friend. I took it as excitement and joy that we all share with you. :)

Good luck with the remainder of the process.

Reactions: StanDiv

Momoazk

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Okay guys here's a question for you. Do you receive something specific stating that your file has moved to specific VO? I noticed from the tracker that so many people have had their files moved to VO prior to their medicals results being update on GCkey. How do yo know if your app has been sent to VO?

raptora

Oct 22, 2018
Regarding Biometrics: If your first set is rejected, they will send you a new letter to take with you. Check the information again, it is NOT the same letter. On mine, they somehow switched my Place of Birth and my Citizenship. According to my consultant they will fix this mistake on their own when they find it and I don't need to do anything, but just be aware.

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Okay guys here's a question for you. Do you receive something specific stating that your file has moved to specific VO? I noticed from the tracker that so many people have had their files moved to VO prior to their medicals results being update on GCkey. How do yo know if your app has been sent to VO?
I assume it applies to all cases but for me the sponsor (me) is informed that the application has been moved to the VO. In my case, Bogota, Colombia. In my searching for next steps, when it's received at the VO, the applicant is sent the notice that it has been received and they are continuing to work on it. This is the AOR2 notice.

She has yet to get her medical request buy has completed biometrics and police check before the application was sent. It's been 3 weeks and no notice that it's been received at the Bogota VO.

Reactions: Momoazk

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

It is a case by case basis however they try to make almost everyone's case the same so we're all applying and getting approved with the same rules.
If you scroll down on this spreadsheet, you'll see majority of applicants are from India

I'm not from India so I wondered the same, until I saw that there are so many applicants from India, and its likely that others are not updating the spreadsheet as much as Indians.
The people posting on this board and the total population of people applying are not the same, and the sample is not random. It's biased by language, in particular - and of the countries that provide a lot of immigrants to Canada, India is by far the largest English-speaking. So it's easy to get an impression that may be a bit off compared to 'all immigrants'. (Chinese applicants are perhaps using discussion forums in Chinese, etc)

Also, family class/spousal sponsorship may have different national representation.

As for whether the process is the same: keep in mind that while the process may be the same, the cases can be very different.

Sponsor approval is only one aspect (and from looking around, it seems most sponsors get approved relatively quickly). After that they consider whether the relationship is genuine, and the PA's eligibility.

Just for example: some cultures marry younger than others. The younger the applicant, the less likely that there are significant background or security check issues, the less travel, etc. (And India also is a country with which Canada has fewer 'security' related issues overall - not saying none, just fewer). Also from what I can see, although immigration to Canada from USA, UK, France is pretty high, applicants from those countries also tend to get processed fairly quickly (since visa free, they may also apply more using inland process, don't know).

Arranged marriages / long-distance marriages more common in some cultures than others - which may make for more up-front work checking whether relationship is genuine, but save time on the security / criminality check side.

Anyway, just saying there are lots of reasons applicants from some countries may seem to or actually get processed more quickly even if the process is the same, and we may get a false impression from forums like this about the mix of applicants and how quickly they're processed.

Bintykay

Nov 8, 2019
Received PPR today. Updated timeline:

Sponsor: Canadian Citizen living in Canada
PA Country: Tanzania

Application received: Sept 9 2019
AOR1: Oct 23 2019
Biometrics Request: Nov 3 2019
SA: Nov 5 2019
File transferred to Dar es Salaam VO: Nov 12 2019
Biometrics completed: Nov 13 2019
Additional document request: Nov 21 2019