+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SEPTEMBER 2019 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Momoazk

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Need advice.
Im a September 23rd applicant and waiting for ppr. My medical is expiring in December but I cannot travel until January 2021 due to family related event.
Do I send them webform now to send me re medical request or wait until the tracker shows 100% completion?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Need advice.
Im a September 23rd applicant and waiting for ppr. My medical is expiring in December but I cannot travel until January 2021 due to family related event.
Do I send them webform now to send me re medical request or wait until the tracker shows 100% completion?
Probably pointless until you get the passport request, unless you know for sure it is coming. It is possible they will extend without asking you to redo medical.

Reactions: Momoazk
Mar 20, 2020
NEED URGENT ADVICE

Hi, my application was received on Sept 27th,2019 and moved to NDVO on Dec 2nd,2019 (medical approved). Since that day there has been no status update.
I have 2 questions
1) My wife has travelled to canada under immediate family member on July30th. We have updated the mailing address to new canadian address. Do we still need to submit a web form to inform IRCC to transfer file from NDVO to Mississauga office? will it be faster here? (Also heard mississauga office is not working due to covid? is it true?)
2) Under ECAS, it says file is IN-PROCESS, however under details it says application process started on Aug 21st,2020. What does it mean?
I also received Pre arrival services letter on Aug 25th - Does it mean file is progressing?

Can someone please confirm.
thank you

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
NEED URGENT ADVICE

Hi, my application was received on Sept 27th,2019 and moved to NDVO on Dec 2nd,2019 (medical approved). Since that day there has been no status update.
I have 2 questions
1) My wife has travelled to canada under immediate family member on July30th. We have updated the mailing address to new canadian address. Do we still need to submit a web form to inform IRCC to transfer file from NDVO to Mississauga office? will it be faster here? (Also heard mississauga office is not working due to covid? is it true?)
2) Under ECAS, it says file is IN-PROCESS, however under details it says application process started on Aug 21st,2020. What does it mean?
I also received Pre arrival services letter on Aug 25th - Does it mean file is progressing?

thank you
Chances are NDVO will continue to process your application, and if they‘ve received the address change they will likely send you instructions of where to send your PPR in Canada once it reaches that stage.

If for some reason the address change doesn’t go through and you receive a PPR telling you to send your PPR to an overseas office you will have to contact them and request for be done in Canada.

(This happened to my husband but the other way around. They didn’t update his address to his New Zealand address after he left Canada despite us informing them of the change. When he received his PPR request it had instructions of where to send it in Canada, which he could not do as he was in New Zealand. We had to contact them and request a new PPR, which he then received with instructions to send it to Auckland, New Zealand)

It was a major headache and added three weeks to our waiting time. If not for that our application would have been completed in about two and a half months. Great piece of advice there for everyone. Always, always make sure the address for the PA is up to date!

Reactions: Krutarth Patel

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
NEED URGENT ADVICE

I have 2 questions

thank you
In process means they are working on your file again. Yes it is progressing.

Mar 20, 2020
Chances are NDVO will continue to process your application, and if they‘ve received the address change they will likely send you instructions of where to send your PPR in Canada once it reaches that stage.

If for some reason the address change doesn’t go through and you receive a PPR telling you to send your PPR to an overseas office you will have to contact them and request for be done in Canada.

(This happened to my husband but the other way around. They didn’t update his address to his New Zealand address after he left Canada despite us informing them of the change. When he received his PPR request it had instructions of where to send it in Canada, which he could not do as he was in New Zealand. We had to contact them and request a new PPR, which he then received with instructions to send it to Auckland, New Zealand)

It was a major headache and added three weeks to our waiting time. If not for that our application would have been completed in about two and a half months. Great piece of advice there for everyone. Always, always make sure the address for the PA is up to date!
thanks for the reply....the new mailing address (canadian) is already updated on the file. So we should receiver PPR request to send in canada only i guess

Reactions: AutumnSkies

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
thanks for the reply....the new mailing address (canadian) is already updated on the file. So we should receiver PPR request to send in canada only i guess
Awesome, if it’s showing the updated address on the file, you should be good to go!

Again, if anything funky happens it’ll just mean you’ll have to get in contact for a new PPR. Not a huge deal, just a bit annoying!

Khashykhashy

Aug 2, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give you guys an update about our application, I thought maybe our good news might bring some hope for the rest of us who are waiting for any updates on their applications - I sponsored my wife in September 2019 and our Visa Office is Ankara as well. Fortunately, we got our pre-arrival letter today; I also checked our application status in ECAS and found out our status is now changed to decision made for both of us, here is the timeline of our application:

Application sent in Late Aug 2019
AOR1 Sept 13
Application sent to Ankara VO October 2019
Did both medical and biometric in November 2019
Got our pre-arrival letter today Sept 2020
Status in ECAS changed to Decision made today Sept 2020

I really hope every one get good news before they pass the normal 12 months - also I wish my wife get her pass request real soon; can't wait to see her again it's been 1.5 year since the last time we spent time together - btw we had a very strong case as we are in relationship for more than 8 years of which 6years has been long distance - so you could imagine how heavy and inclusive was our applications.

Wish you all the best, and I will update you guys when/if we get PPR.

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give you guys an update about our application, I thought maybe our good news might bring some hope for the rest of us who are waiting for any updates on their applications - I sponsored my wife in September 2019 and our Visa Office is Ankara as well. Fortunately, we got our pre-arrival letter today; I also checked our application status in ECAS and found out our status is now changed to decision made for both of us, here is the timeline of our application:

Application sent in Late Aug 2019
AOR1 Sept 13
Application sent to Ankara VO October 2019
Did both medical and biometric in November 2019
Got our pre-arrival letter today Sept 2020
Status in ECAS changed to Decision made today Sept 2020

I really hope every one get good news before they pass the normal 12 months - also I wish my wife get her pass request real soon; can't wait to see her again it's been 1.5 year since the last time we spent time together - btw we had a very strong case as we are in relationship for more than 8 years of which 6years has been long distance - so you could imagine how heavy and inclusive was our applications.

Wish you all the best, and I will update you guys when/if we get PPR.
i am so happy for you.

Stephie@31

Aug 26, 2019
Hi guys! Could anyone on here please share the link to request some insight about my application from IRCC? Thanks

Social_Distancing

Sep 4, 2020
Hi all,

Can someone kindly shed some light on below request please. See below timeline and the request.

What happens next and how long would it take to get the pre-arrival letter - any insight would be greatly appreciated?

For those who have already received the great news, congratulations and for those who are still waiting, wish you all the best!!!

Thanks!

September 2019 Outland Spousal Sponsorship
--------------------------------------------------

Principal Applicant = Afghanistan
App. sent in Sep. 16. 19
App received Sep. 25th .19
AOR1 received Nov. 1.19
APP. AP Nov. 15.19
Medical Received Nov. 15. 19
Biometrics Received Nov. 14 .19
Medical Done Nov.23.19
Biometrics Done Dec. 9 . 19
Medial Passed Nov . 30. 19
File transferred to LVO Feb. 04.20
AOR2 Received July . 30. 20 ( Despite the fact what the world has gone thorough, i think this took waaayyyy toooo long, just saying)

Pre-arrival and the rest?