+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

californian89

Feb 13, 2020
I sent the below e-mail to the Minister of IRCC (sean.fraser@parl.gc.ca), and Cc: justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca, erin.otoole@parl.gc.ca, JasrajSingh.Hallan@parl.gc.ca and local MP.

Although, it is just another e-mail, hopefully it grabs the curiosity and attention of any of the recipients. Fingers crossed
Sorry folks, I was very frustrated with these long wait when I wrote this and sent it. Just wanted to share it with y'all.

THE HONOURABLE SEAN FRASER
MINISTER OF IMMIGRATION, REFUGEES AND CITIZENSHIP CANADA
HOUSE OF COMMONS
OTTAWA, ONTARIO, CANADA K1A 0A6

Subject: Escalation of delays in processing Applications for Canadian Citizenship from 2019 by the IRCC Scarborough office

Dear H. Sean Fraser,

This e-mail is to address and escalate the massive backlog and huge delay in processing of Applications for Canadian Citizenship received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada in 2019.

Thousands of of 2019 applicants are still waiting for IRCC Scarborough Office to star assessing and processing their applications for Canadian citizenship, and to hear a clear answer from your department on when these applications will be finalized. Browsing on the internet, we have founds several social media groups where applications submitted to IRCC in 2020 and 2021 are being processed and finalized in a faster way than the ones received by IRCC in 2019.

What is causing this delay? The COVID-19 outbreak should no longer be an excuse as this situation has become our new reality and normal for the past three calendar years. In the same way as the workforce in the private sector has evolved and adapted to this global pandemic, I assume that this government department has put in place similar tactics to keep processing applications of any kind during these challenging times. How much longer applicants need to wait to get a final decision on these applications? The wait has been over two years. Is IRCC not processing applications on a “First come, First served basis”? Please clarify.

Please keep in mind that applicants are taxpayers and contributors to the Canadian economy, too. Although, grant of Canadian citizenship is a privilege, taxpayers have the right of freedom of speech, and to make sure that their applications are processed with fairness, equality and in timely manner by government departments and agencies.

According to IRCC's last update for grant of citizenship posted on their website, IRCC offices across Canada are finalizing most applications received between September 15 and 21, 2019. If so, what is holding the remainder of the applications submitted to IRCC in early and mid 2019? Why is IRCC Scarborough office not processing any of these, yet? IRCC already charged for a service that as of today is still not being delivered to the taxpayers.

A detailed answer with a committed deadline would be greatly appreciated to provide peace of mind and to improve the mental health of the applicants.

Respectfully,
YOUR NAME HERE
YOUR ADDRESS HERE

Cc:
The Right Honourable Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada,
The Honourable Erin O'Toole, Leader of the Official Opposition,
Jasraj Singh Hallan, Member of Parliment and Shadow Minister for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship

Last edited:

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
I sent the below e-mail to the Minister of IRCC (sean.fraser@parl.gc.ca), and Cc: justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca, erin.otoole@parl.gc.ca, JasrajSingh.Hallan@parl.gc.ca and local MP.

Although, it is just another e-mail, hopefully it grabs the curiosity and attention of any of the recipients. Fingers crossed
Sorry folks, I was very frustrated with these long wait when I wrote this and sent it. Just wanted to share it with y'all.

HOUSE OF COMMONS

Subject: Escalation of delays in processing Applications for Canadian Citizenship from 2019 by the IRCC Scarborough office

Dear H. Sean Fraser,

This e-mail is to address and escalate the massive backlog and huge delay in processing of Applications for Canadian Citizenship received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada in 2019.

Thousands of of 2019 applicants are still waiting for IRCC Scarborough Office to star assessing and processing their applications for Canadian citizenship, and to hear a clear answer from your department on when these applications will be finalized. Browsing on the internet, we have founds several social media groups where applications submitted to IRCC in 2020 and 2021 are being processed and finalized in a faster way than the ones received by IRCC in 2019.

What is causing this delay? The COVID-19 outbreak should no longer be an excuse as this situation has become our new reality and normal for the past three calendar years. In the same way as the workforce in the private sector has evolved and adapted to this global pandemic, I assume that this government department has put in place similar tactics to keep processing applications of any kind during these challenging times. How much longer applicants need to wait to get a final decision on these applications? The wait has been over two years. Is IRCC not processing applications on a “First come, First served basis”? Please clarify.

Please keep in mind that applicants are taxpayers and contributors to the Canadian economy, too. Although, grant of Canadian citizenship is a privilege, taxpayers have the right of freedom of speech, and to make sure that their applications are processed with fairness, equality and in timely manner by government departments and agencies.

According to IRCC's last update for grant of citizenship posted on their website, IRCC offices across Canada are finalizing most applications received between September 15 and 21, 2019. If so, what is holding the remainder of the applications submitted to IRCC in early and mid 2019? Why is IRCC Scarborough office not processing any of these, yet? IRCC already charged for a service that as of today is still not being delivered to the taxpayers.

A detailed answer with a committed deadline would be greatly appreciated to provide peace of mind and to improve the mental health of the applicants.

Respectfully,
YOUR NAME HERE
YOUR ADDRESS HERE

Cc:
Jasraj Singh Hallan, Member of Parliment and Shadow Minister for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Great job!! I really hope it wakes up some people and makes some difference. Please let us all know if you receive a response and there is an actual development in your case.

Good luck in any case!

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec

<snip>
I'm wondering if CC'ing any of the journalists at CBC who have previously commented on immigration matters would help speed up a response? Seems like every time they get involved, people's applications "magically" start moving forward?

Short list from my quick googling:
pratyush.dayal@cbc.ca
priscilla.hwang@cbc.ca
jennifer.wilson@cbc.ca

(the list goes on)

I would caution against emailing too many CBC folks (indeed, pick 1, maybe 2 max and CC them) - don't want to have people think that others might pick up the scoop and run with it.

Best of luck..

Shoukat Halani

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014

HOUSE OF COMMONS

Dear H. Sean Fraser,

Respectfully,
YOUR NAME HERE
YOUR ADDRESS HERE

Cc:
That's great, let me know if you need any assistance from my side. Bless you

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Wife completed her oath today - yippeee! Now (again) waiting for the next step. Apparently it takes ~ 4 weeks to receive the certificate these days.

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
Wife completed her oath today - yippeee! Now (again) waiting for the next step. Apparently it takes ~ 4 weeks to receive the certificate these days.
Yup, Oath done on 18th of Dec. 2021. We just received the certificate on 18th of Jan. 2022. So it took more than 4 weeks. The CanadaPost stamp has Jan. 13th date. Which means they did nothing in December except mark the file closed on Dec. 20th.

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Yup, Oath done on 18th of Dec. 2021. We just received the certificate on 18th of Jan. 2022. So it took more than 4 weeks. The CanadaPost stamp has Jan. 13th date. Which means they did nothing in December except mark the file closed on Dec. 20th.
There you go IRCC!!! Thanks for the message @rambopg

Mahyar85

Star Member
Jan 10, 2022
Hi folks
Application started: 30 th september 2019
Background verification : 13th November 2019
Test done : 13th december 2021
Request letter for passport copies : janurary 7th 2022
Up until now test and background has been updated to completed only.
my trackers shows they finilizing apps between 15th and 25th september 2019 and has not changed for a while.
anyone who are on the same boat as me?
what am i expecting next now?