+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
We also finally received an update for Oath. However, the fun never ends, so while Oath status is updated today (Nov 09) its is showing Oath scheduled date in the past (Oct 26) - anyone else experienced this?

I have emailed them already. Tried calling them but irrespective of what we choose in the call tree, it ends at "Please call us again later".

What else can we do? Anyone with past experience on this?

gsinghbal

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Present, Amritsar - Target, Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
09-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
17-09-2015
Med's Done....
28-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Hello,
Just to provide some updates on what happened to my application submitted in September 2019.
100% due to covid it was delayed, Got second-time fingerprint requests in February 2021, Citizenship test completed in April 2021, then all language, prohibitions, etc completed in August 2021. That's all...nothing happens after... During this, my PR expired in August 2021 as well. I am nowhere in your excel sheet but come to this site to get updates from you members.
What finally I did was I was filling a PR application for renewals and during renewals, it took me on a link to queries, I decided to write there and submitted this "Hey guys, I understand you are busy due to Covid matters, but your this delay my PR got expired, what you want me to do?? Fill the application or No because my status shows everything completed except the ceremony from the last 3 months. I do not mind-renewing t but cannot take the risk if anywhere I have to fly in an emergency as my parents are in India, Please reply and I will be ok with any suggestion you provide" So next day I got my status updated to citizenship ceremony on November 8th which we completed yesterday (Family of 4) so thought to give you guys some updates.

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Hello,
Just to provide some updates on what happened to my application submitted in September 2019.
100% due to covid it was delayed, Got second-time fingerprint requests in February 2021, Citizenship test completed in April 2021, then all language, prohibitions, etc completed in August 2021. That's all...nothing happens after... During this, my PR expired in August 2021 as well. I am nowhere in your excel sheet but come to this site to get updates from you members.
What finally I did was I was filling a PR application for renewals and during renewals, it took me on a link to queries, I decided to write there and submitted this "Hey guys, I understand you are busy due to Covid matters, but your this delay my PR got expired, what you want me to do?? Fill the application or No because my status shows everything completed except the ceremony from the last 3 months. I do not mind-renewing t but cannot take the risk if anywhere I have to fly in an emergency as my parents are in India, Please reply and I will be ok with any suggestion you provide" So next day I got my status updated to citizenship ceremony on November 8th which we completed yesterday (Family of 4) so thought to give you guys some updates.
I am in the same boat as yours from a citizenship perspective only oath pending. Sent our PR cards for renewal no news so finally, our local MPP said she will write to IRCC and find out what's happening as we told her we have plans to go back home in December

Last edited:

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Hello,
Awesome buddy, congratulations!!! It seems the bot who read your message was very kind :) We all are trying different ways to get it processed faster, different ways seem to be working for different people. And the same ways may not work for others - unfortunately. But thanks for sharing and congrats once again!

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
UPDATE: Got my Oath email notification today; only 4 literal days after the status was updated - looks like Montreal is gaining steam. Here's to hoping that they're starting to clear the logjam!
Congrats there! Finally, it is nearing the end!

Reactions: chs

honey_singh87

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
In my case my wife passed her citizenship test in 2nd attempt , not sure if this makes our citizenship file COMPLEX .
If some one has this situation please share your experience.
Thanks in advance.
We got passport request for both .

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
In my case my wife passed her citizenship test in 2nd attempt , not sure if this makes our citizenship file COMPLEX .
If some one has this situation please share your experience.
Thanks in advance.
We got passport request for both .
Hi Honey SIngh

As long as your wife passed the exam and you got a confirmation of the same it's fine. Complex applications are usually related to name change, security flags during checks, residency obligations not met etc which makes it very complex. That being said it all depend on the officer reviewing your file.

I think you guys should be fine ... be prepared for a long wait or a short one .... as IRCC has a mind of their own for oath call.

• Love
Reactions: honey_singh87

honey_singh87

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
Hi Honey SIngh

As long as your wife passed the exam and you got a confirmation of the same it's fine. Complex applications are usually related to name change, security flags during checks, residency obligations not met etc which makes it very complex. That being said it all depend on the officer reviewing your file.

I think you guys should be fine ... be prepared for a long wait or a short one .... as IRCC has a mind of their own for oath call.
Thanks for your reply makes me feel that I am on right track .

Last edited:

Paoloartois

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
I requested ATIP exactly one month ago. I got the notes and few flags.

2019 aging inventory is how they refer to this batch.
It look like my FP got expired and I had 90 days to redo it but NEVER requested.
My case is now apparently in Vancouver which originally was MIS.
It said this candidate has an INVITE for a citizenship event. CHECK events for more details but ALL I see I was invited to TEST in MIS office with 300 more people last year. Weird

Let's see IF any updates comes along....