Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
my file changed from decision made o in progress and background verifiction is in progress again. anyone know why? i was told in januray my oath will happen shortly but never did. when i call ircc, they say they can't comment on my file and ask to wait to hear from case officer.
Did you give you finger prints last year? Probably another request coming up, criminality expired in a year hence to fetch new records they need finger prints(since they dont store finger prints)

Last edited:

limon01

Jan 14, 2016
My tracker and my wife's tracker indicate that everything is completed now with the exception of the oath (our trackers were updated on July 14, 2021). However, the tracker of son (8 years old) indicates that everything is still in process (the last time that it was updated was April 2021). I understand, based on the forum, that that IRCC normally updates the trackers of the kids close to oath ceremony. Could somebody please confirm that my understanding is correct or I need to call IRCC to find out what is going on? It does not make any sense that they completed (DM) the applications of the parents and not for a small kid.
Thanks!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My tracker and my wife's tracker indicate that everything is completed now with the exception of the oath (our trackers were updated on July 14, 2021). However, the tracker of son (8 years old) indicates that everything is still in process (the last time that it was updated was April 2021). I understand, based on the forum, that that IRCC normally updates the trackers of the kids close to oath ceremony. Could somebody please confirm that my understanding is correct or I need to call IRCC to find out what is going on? It does not make any sense that they completed (DM) the applications of the parents and not for a small kid.
Thanks!
The kids statuses move differently since they don't require language, test or oath. Most likely the whole family will become citizens on the same day.

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
tks. It should be somewhere in the excel sheet, but basically

- Sep 2019 applicant
- Dec 2019 AOR
- Dec2019 or Jan 2020 file went into process
- learnt afterwards I was supposed to receive the test invite for April 2020
- 22 Jul-2021 received invite for citizen test for the period end of July through mid of Aug.
Update: Passed the test today.

now waiting for the approval of the test and the next steps

rianlam

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Please update my spreadsheet
May 12, 2021:Test Invite
May 18, 2021: Test Completed (Passed 17/20)
June 22, 2021: Interview Invite
June 23, 2021: Interview Cancel - all the rest of status updated to completed
June 28, 2021: Finger Print required for 2nd time
July 22, 2021: Background verification update to "completed"

Now only "Citizenship ceremony" is "Not started"
Guess I am waiting for Oath Invite
Mississauga applicant - 2 years already. Don't understand those system at all since a lot of people applied in 2020 had finished.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Mississauga applicant - 2 years already. Don't understand those system at all since a lot of people applied in 2020 had finished.
I've updated the spreadsheet. I hope that you receive your oath date soon. Wish you all the very best!

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019

I share your pain. I would appreciate it if you could update my info on the spreadsheet as well.
February 11, 2021:Test Invite
February 19, 2021: Test Completed
May 17, 2021: Interview Invite
June 1, 2021: Interview (5 minute interview where they only checked some random passport pages. I was told everything would switch to DM by the end of the day and would get an oath invite in maximum 8 weeks)
July 21, 2021: All categories "completed". Oath "not started"

It pains me to watch people who applied a full year or more after me get their oath invites. I guess I won't be able to vote in this election either. The waiting game never ends.

Reactions: chs

apurvrdx

Feb 23, 2015
Bangalore, INdia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2015
In the status check website (new) it says oath ceremony in progress and I have a mid Oct date but I haven't received any email yet. The question I have is how quickly can I get a passport after Oath. I wanted to visit family in US around Thanksgiving. So about a month after oath ceremony. Would I be able to secure a passport by then. Do they have a express processing option and is it applicable for first time passport applications?

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
So guys u think federal election will really make fast our process because Trudue needs votes … i am planning to right a letter to my local mp if he can help … what is your thoughts on it?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
In the status check website (new) it says oath ceremony in progress and I have a mid Oct date but I haven't received any email yet. The question I have is how quickly can I get a passport after Oath. I wanted to visit family in US around Thanksgiving. So about a month after oath ceremony. Would I be able to secure a passport by then. Do they have a express processing option and is it applicable for first time passport applications?
You'd have to wait for your citizenship certificate in order to apply for passport. At the ceremony, request IRCC to expedite the dispatch of your citizenship certificate. Once you get your citizenship certificate, apply for passport in-person. You should get your PP on time.

mannu635

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is an option to get your passport by end of the next day or between 2 - 9 business days. Have a look at Check processing times for passport services - Canada.ca .

It will take at least a week (took two weeks for me) to get your citizenship certificate and if you apply under standard passport application, you are easily looking at over a month before you can get your passport. I had sent my application around July 10th and still waiting for it.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
<snip>
Don't understand those system at all since a lot of people applied in 2020 had finished.
Ain't that the truth; I suspect a great many of us were already supposed to have had our citizenships by this time last year had COVID not happened...

</grumble>

Reactions: zeyzey6