+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
I can't even begin to understand the agony. After a couple of months, order GCMS notes (order it from CBSA and not from IRCC) - you'll get the same set of GCMS notes but with less redactions.

When you are ordering notes from CBSA, specify in great detail what it is you are looking for. Wording the request something like shown below will yield good results :

"Please provide all information pertaining to my Citizenship grant application including but not limited to GCMS notes, electronic case notes of the officers, status updates, details about background checks and any and all other information that is related to the aforementioned application".

Make sure you provide your wife's UCI AND application number when making the request.

I sincerely hope her application is processed with priority. All the very best!
Many thanks amigo. I didn't know one could request GCMS notes from CBSA. I saw another update today on the new tracker that they have completed background check. Since I now see updates every day, I will wait for a few days before I order GCMS notes. Many thanks once again for letting me know and your best wishes!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
There is a new update on my tracker for an interview... please what does this entail ?
Well, it means you're scheduled for an interview. This is usually done over MS teams. You'll receive an email later and generally, it asks for all pages of the passport with translations for any visas/stamps that are not in English or French.

limon01

Jan 14, 2016
I completed my citizenship test on May 28 and marked as completed in tracking on June 2.
Background check is also done. The remaining items are in progress.
Could you please update the spreadsheet
Cheers

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I completed my citizenship test on May 28 and marked as completed in tracking on June 2.
Background check is also done. The remaining items are in progress.
Could you please update the spreadsheet
Cheers
Updated!

Could you please provide the date you received the test invite email and the date your BG checks were completed, thanks!

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Hey, all, have a questions about the spreadsheet that we're using to track this, given that we're now living in a virtual world of Citizenship stuff. I get that the tracker was used for physical stuff, but what's the difference between "Test Invite Letter" and "Test Interview Date"? Is the former when you took the test and the latter when you were interviewed by an immigration official? (If so, then mine needs to be amended as I have not been interviewed, yet; I've only taken the test.)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey, all, have a questions about the spreadsheet that we're using to track this, given that we're now living in a virtual world of Citizenship stuff. I get that the tracker was used for physical stuff, but what's the difference between "Test Invite Letter" and "Test Interview Date"? Is the former when you took the test and the latter when you were interviewed by an immigration official? (If so, then mine needs to be amended as I have not been interviewed, yet; I've only taken the test.)
The test Invite letter = Date you receive the test invite email
Test Interview Date = Date you took the online citizenship test

There is no separate column for interview so if the applicant reports an interview, it is recorded under the "Notes" column.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
The test Invite letter = Date you receive the test invite email
Test Interview Date = Date you took the online citizenship test

There is no separate column for interview so if the applicant reports an interview, it is recorded under the "Notes" column.
Ahhhh, okay.. I've been trying to triangulate how long after the date someone gets an interview request to see if I'm going to be in-scope or not.. Looks like maybe some manual calculations might be necessary. Thank you.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Ahhhh, okay.. I've been trying to triangulate how long after the date someone gets an interview request to see if I'm going to be in-scope or not.. Looks like maybe some manual calculations might be necessary. Thank you.
MOntreal office here , aug 2019 applicant. keep us posted.