+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

gn02090867

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Only extremely limited number of people would get DM without interviews in Scarborough. And based on my observations other offices have started interviews as well (Vancouver, Calgary, Mississauga, Montreal, Moncton). But there are still a number of people from these offices got DM straight after their tests.
Only extremely limited number of people would get DM without interviews in Scarborough. And based on my observations other offices have started interviews as well (Vancouver, Calgary, Mississauga, Montreal, Moncton). But there are still a number of people from these offices got DM straight after their tests.
I see I see. Looks like you had DM right after your interview. Do you know if this is common?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
No, it will only apply to the applicants who will submit application after April 1,2021. Secondly, after reading everything it can be said that it will be applied to very few applicants but this looks like more of a paper-work kind of stuff and nothing more than that.

I think here you're thinking from an applicant's perspective but just try to think from IRCC's perspective as well. Just assume that if due to this delay in test/oath/whatever (at the minimum) 40,000 applicants renew their PR cards then how much will IRCC make ? PR card renewal fee is 50 CAD so (50 x 40,000 = 2,000,000) and I think affected applicants are way more than 40k.
In addition. The fee is being refunded is only the Right of Citizenship fee. The delay IRCC is referring to between the test and the oath. So technically you would get 25$ back for ~4 months and 50$ back for 4+ Months. So yeah… it has nothing to do with pre-test process.

Captain_Prince

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Hi Every One,

I submitted my family citizenship application in September 2019, I received the AOR in December 2019 and my wife received test in mid Jan 2021. Since then I have not heard back from them. My question is do they offer test to one of family member ideally it should be invitation for both. What should i do to at least know what is going on, online application status shows in process which was last updated in December 2019.

Regards
CP

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
Citizenship tests completed today.
Unofficial results: Passed (both self and wife)

awaiting next steps.

any clues? How much time is it taking between test and DM (or additional documentation requests or interviews)?

@Admins - please update Sept 2019 tracker for our record (test passed: April 05)

Also I see very few records updated for people who took their tests in April 2021. Not sure if people arent updating these forums anymore or all of us are so fatigued by this overstretched never-seem-to-be-ending citizenship application process that no-one is taking care of these updates any longer.

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
Hi Every One,

I submitted my family citizenship application in September 2019, I received the AOR in December 2019 and my wife received test in mid Jan 2021. Since then I have not heard back from them. My question is do they offer test to one of family member ideally it should be invitation for both. What should i do to at least know what is going on, online application status shows in process which was last updated in December 2019.

Regards
CP
I have the same case. My wife had a test, interview and decision made while I'm still waiting for test. There are cases like that. Nobody knows why.

nora20

Nov 11, 2020
Hi Every One,

Regards
CP
We had exactly the same timelines. I did my test end of Jan, and my husband got the test invite in mid-March. Now my husband got an interview invite.

nora20

Nov 11, 2020
My husband got an invitation to the interview at last. There is a long list of required documents, but only the copy of the passport is marked with 'X'. Other points are unmarked. Are we right to assume that he needs to provide only the passport?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
My husband got an invitation to the interview at last. There is a long list of required documents, but only the copy of the passport is marked with 'X'. Other points are unmarked. Are we right to assume that he needs to provide only the passport?
You are right, they just want the passport copies, nothing else. if there are stamps that are not in English/French, make sure you translate them by a certified translator.

Reactions: nora20

dadanme

Apr 3, 2017
Hi Everyone,
My status in ecas changed to DM yesterday. Please see below my timeline.

Application date: September 24, 2019
Application received: September 27, 2019
AOR: December 16, 2019
Test invite: March 4, 2021
Test date: March 15, 2021
Interview: April 7, 2021
DM: April 8, 2021

Processing Center: Missisauga

Reactions: Hapique

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
Were do you check your office? Can't find it anywhere in the business correspondence from CIC.
The email ID that’s used to send our test invites is “DN Cit MIS Scheduling”,

MIS in the above email address is an indication that it’s Mississauga office.

another way for you can be to call up the helpline and ask them (I never asked that question to helpline though!).