+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question on the tests.
Do you have to learn up on the Premiers, Party in power, Lt. Governor, etc for other Provinces/territories ?

peedvar

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Did anyone get Decision made after second round of fingerprints? CIC Vancouver confirmed that they received my fingerprints on March 9th.

bonhomie08

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 (L9 - R8.5 - S7.5 - W7)
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-12-2014

ak1

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Hi guys,my timeline.. hope it would b helpful
Office : Mississauga

Applied in sept 2019
AOR - sept 16 , 2019
We started processing on ecas - jan 7,2020
Test invite - jan 15, 2021
Test completed- jan 26,2021
Dm on ecas - jan 29, 2021
Oath invite - 17 feb,2021
Oath taken on 27 feb, 2021
Complete status on Ecas - 1 march
Cert arrived in mail - 8 march
Congrats !! Were you the only one or multiple people took oath with you during the same session ?
Also, hv you heard anyone else from same office taking oath recently i.e., last few days ?

Last edited:

AmadeoS

Jan 6, 2020
Please help to update based on my application for now (in red).

Wife had to flew back home due to a father health issues, later he's passed away.
Now she's waiting for PRTD to get back to Canada and pass the test later on.
So she will have the other timeline. Will update once will be a progress.
May be interesting for people who will need to reschedule their test as well.

Citizenship application - Family of 3
Etobicoke, ON
Physical Presence: 1419 days
Application sent: Sep 26, 2019
Delivered on: Sep 27, 2019
AOR: Dec 12, 2019
In process: Jan 18, 2020
Invitation for Citizenship test: Feb 19, 2021
Test scheduled: Feb 22, 2021 - Mar 14, 2021
Test passed (20/20): Mar 13, 2021

Last edited:

why_not_try

Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Anyone know about processing times with the Ottawa office? I got through to someone via the CIC help line and they told me there are no notes on my file, just that security and criminality is passed. The person I spoke to said that officers sometimes don't put notes on the file, but that seems strange. To me it seems like very little has been done since my file went into processing on Jan 29, 2020. Seems like many people are in the same boat. What step comes after security/criminality?

App Received: Sept 4, 2019
AOR: Nov 29th, 2019
In progress: Jan 29, 2020
I'm in Ottawa as well and have almost the same timeline as above. No word from CIC since my "in Process" date of Jan 13, 2020. I don't know if it's true, but I've heard that the Ottawa office is particularly slow. This certainly has been my experience. Frustrating!

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, I’m sorry if this is a repeat question.
I was reading discover Canada for test prep. the book mentions 308 ridings in Canada on it but in actuality it’s 338 ridings. What is correct answer in the tests?

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
Hey guys, I’m sorry if this is a repeat question.
I was reading discover Canada for test prep. the book mentions 308 ridings in Canada on it but in actuality it’s 338 ridings. What is correct answer in the tests?
It's logical. If they have 338 as an answer then I would go for that otherwise why would they have 338 and not any other number. If 338 is not there then I would definitely go for 308.

Reactions: aeropostale

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
I'm in Ottawa as well and have almost the same timeline as above. No word from CIC since my "in Process" date of Jan 13, 2020. I don't know if it's true, but I've heard that the Ottawa office is particularly slow. This certainly has been my experience. Frustrating!
At least you're not in Montreal filing as an Anglo *eye roll*..

Reactions: ShadiiAM

echeverialaui

Jan 22, 2020
Hi guys,

I received my interview invitation On March 11, 2021 and the date of the interview is March 16, which is tomorrow.

On the invitation letter, they need me to sign the consent form for the meeting and a NOTICE TO APPLICANT - REQUEST FOR SUPPLEMENTARY EVIDENCE. But there is only the consent form attached with this email and not the NOTICE TO APPLICANT - REQUEST FOR SUPPLEMENTARY EVIDENCE.

I tried calling IRCC but never got through. Tried email back the officer but haven't received the respond verification. I don't know what to do know...

Has anyone been in this situation? Please help!!!

samMau12345

Mar 15, 2021
I have appeared test on Mar 7, 2021. But today I got call that during the test, webcam was not recording my photo. During the test I have also observed that the right hand side it was showing a blurry image and not able to see my photo. Anyone faced the same issue? please confirm. I was using lenovo laptop and using in build web cam. Can anyone confirm which is the best system to use for the test? Is it laptop with external camera or apple ipad? Please confirm, because I may have to appear for the exam again.

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
I have appeared test on Mar 7, 2021. But today I got call that during the test, webcam was not recording my photo. During the test I have also observed that the right hand side it was showing a blurry image and not able to see my photo. Anyone faced the same issue? please confirm. I was using lenovo laptop and using in build web cam. Can anyone confirm which is the best system to use for the test? Is it laptop with external camera or apple ipad? Please confirm, because I may have to appear for the exam again.
THere is no specific laptop or camera that would help you with this. the only thing you need to look for is laptop is personal (work laptops have different privacy settings), clear your browser history and cache, use different browser.