+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
You're one of the lucky ones. I just got off the phone with IRCC and they said I wasn't listed as getting the test anytime soon, unfortunately, so mine could be next week or it could be next year. Regarding your PR card, I wouldn't chance it - I would call IRCC back and ask; my hold time just now was around 30-35 minutes.
What is your timeline?? Thanks

miuonpak

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 21, 2017
I did not get the citizenship certificate today.
After the oath I had to sign the oath paper and scan it to the agent. They told me the citizenship certificate will be mailed to me in 4 to 6 weeks.

Quick update: I received the certificate one week after the oath ceremony instead of "4 to 6 weeks" that they told me.

Kohl

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
You're one of the lucky ones. I just got off the phone with IRCC and they said I wasn't listed as getting the test anytime soon, unfortunately, so mine could be next week or it could be next year. Regarding your PR card, I wouldn't chance it - I would call IRCC back and ask; my hold time just now was around 30-35 minutes.
I called back. The officer/representative I spoke with put me on hold and then came back and said I do not need my PR card for the test. She said that during the virtual oath, they do ask you to cut your card. She told me to explain to the officer that I don't have a PR card (assuming I get invited to the oath and assuming I don't have my replacement PR card by then).

I asked her if she meant that I should write in advance if/when I get an oath invite, and explain I don't have a card. She told me I "could" do that, or I could just tell them at the oath ceremony that I don't have my card because it was lost and I was still waiting to get the replacement. Is it just me or does that second option sounds really sketchy? I would not want to be unprepared for an oath ceremony. Well, hopefully things will work out. Back to waiting :)

baboonbum

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
I called the IRCC today to get an update on my file (Sep 2019 applicant). I was told I should expect a test invite in the next few days or weeks max.

Unfortunately I lost my PR card a while ago and I am waiting for a replacement card to be issued. I was so excited to hear that my application was moving slowly but surely forward that I forgot to ask what will happen if I do not have my replacement PR card in time for the test and oath.

Does anyone here know if I will need my PR card on either of these remaining matters? I want to know if I need to expect to apply for an extension as I wait indefinitely for my replacement PR card. I am assuming I will need to cut it up in front of the camera or mail it in, or present it somehow. But maybe it isn’t a required document?

Thank you.
if you have your COPR / landing paper, that should suffice, no?

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
I called back. The officer/representative I spoke with put me on hold and then came back and said I do not need my PR card for the test. She said that during the virtual oath, they do ask you to cut your card. She told me to explain to the officer that I don't have a PR card (assuming I get invited to the oath and assuming I don't have my replacement PR card by then).

I asked her if she meant that I should write in advance if/when I get an oath invite, and explain I don't have a card. She told me I "could" do that, or I could just tell them at the oath ceremony that I don't have my card because it was lost and I was still waiting to get the replacement. Is it just me or does that second option sounds really sketchy? I would not want to be unprepared for an oath ceremony. Well, hopefully things will work out. Back to waiting :)
My gut says to be honest and leave nothing to chance, but I also happen to talk myself into trouble more often than out of it, so your mileage may vary :eek:

m7313

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Hello . I got an update today. I got my test invite . It states I can take my exam January 28,2021 - February 17,2021.

Application Delivered : Nov 15 2019
AOR : January 29 2020
In process : February 14 2020
Test Invite : January 26 2021

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Well, get the PR card. Whether you have it during the oath or not is secondary.

If you've applied for a PR card and they ask you about it during the oath ceremony, you could tell them that you've lost your card and if you don't yet have the replacement, you could provide proof that you've already applied for one.

In some cases, IRCC official will be able to initiate a request to cancel your PR card replacement application (if it hasn't already been dispatched) from the GCMS system after you get citizenship.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello . I got an update today. I got my test invite . It states I can take my exam January 28,2021 - February 17,2021.

Application Delivered : Nov 15 2019
AOR : January 29 2020
In process : February 14 2020
Test Invite : January 26 2021
Congrats! I've updated the tracker.

Kohl

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Well, get the PR card. Whether you have it during the oath or not is secondary.

If you've applied for a PR card and they ask you about it during the oath ceremony, you could tell them that you've lost your card and if you don't yet have the replacement, you could provide proof that you've already applied for one.

In some cases, IRCC official will be able to initiate a request to cancel your PR card replacement application (if it hasn't already been dispatched) from the GCMS system after you get citizenship.
I would like to reply to everyone but I don’t want to clog up the thread with a minor maybe non-issue. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Yes, the replacement card app is already in progress. I agree it is sensible to see if the IRCC official can cancel my PR card replacement in lieu of cutting the card. I agree with the previous poster that I don’t want to make a non-issue out of an issue, so I’ll wait for the (presumed) oath invite and read those instructions carefully before proceeding.

Thanks guys, and here is to hoping that the rep was right and my test invite is right around the corner. Staying positive and working preemptively on requests such as health claim summary, etc, now. :)

polcoin

Star Member
Oct 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
Med's Request
11-02-2015-Pass
Med's Done....
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-06-2016
Got test invite on Jan 15th. Finished the tests on Jan 24th.