+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
sorry for the confusion. Yes, it means last week of November.
Thanks for sharing. My wife is also a Sep 2019 applicant for citizenship. Like most others, the last update we received was in Nov 2019 that they have started processing the application.

To cover for any emergency travel, she applied for PR card renewal in Sep 2020. We received an acknowledgement of application receipt today. We hope she gets at least the renewed PR card before April (when her current card expires). Cheers and good luck to everyone!

• Wow
Reactions: AlexandraO

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Thanks for sharing. My wife is also a Sep 2019 applicant for citizenship. Like most others, the last update we received was in Nov 2019 that they have started processing the application.

To cover for any emergency travel, she applied for PR card renewal in Sep 2020. We received an acknowledgement of application receipt today. We hope she gets at least the renewed PR card before April (when her current card expires). Cheers and good luck to everyone!
Wow, three months for even the acknowledgement! When you check your status on the IRCC website, does she now have two entries there; one for her citizenship application and one for her PR Card renewal?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Wow, three months for even the acknowledgement! When you check your status on the IRCC website, does she now have two entries there; one for her citizenship application and one for her PR Card renewal?
Yes, it shows both lines after AOR. It did for my application. Usually the PR application line disappears in ecas, 1 or 2 months after your PR application is completed. You can also link PR application in 'IRCC my application' page after AOR to see more details, and in this website, they will never remove it once you link your application. So you can track all your PR applications and renewals in single page. good luck!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

Reactions: chs

echeverialaui

Jan 22, 2020
Hello! I have an update on my application:

September 2019 application.

Application date: September 14, 2019
Application received: September 16, 2019
AOR: December 4, 2019
Initial test invite: February 24, 2020
Test date: March 20, 2020
Test Cancelled: March 14, 2020
Online test invite: January 20, 2021
Test window: January 22 to February 11, 2021
Woodbridge, Ontario application

Please update the sheet ☺

Last edited:
Reactions: melito

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Yes, on the ECAS website it shows two lines for the two applications with the corresponding dates.

Just as an aside, a friend recently got his PR status. He got the PR card within 1 week of PR approval. IRCC has its own priority sequence :) BTW, apparently IRCC has now removed the requirement of 'landing' for in-country applicants. I was never able to wrap my head around the landing for in-country guys anyway!

Reactions: chs

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello! I have an update on my application:

September 2019 application.

Application date: September 14, 2019
Application received: September 16, 2019
AOR: December 4, 2019
Initial test invite: February 24, 2020
Test date: March 20, 2020
Test Cancelled: March 14, 2020
Online test invite: January 20, 2021
Test window: January 22 to February 11, 2021
Woodbridge, Ontario application

Please update the sheet ☺
Updated the sheet.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Yes, it shows both lines after AOR. It did for my application. Usually the PR application line disappears in ecas, 1 or 2 months after your PR application is completed. You can also link PR application in 'IRCC my application' page after AOR to see more details, and in this website, they will never remove it once you link your application. So you can track all your PR applications and renewals in single page. good luck!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
Good to know, thanks. I'm waiting even on AOR for my PR renewal; all I can see at the moment is my citizenship application pending (that has been pending now for almost a year; thanks, COVID! *grumble*)

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Yes, on the ECAS website it shows two lines for the two applications with the corresponding dates.

Just as an aside, a friend recently got his PR status. He got the PR card within 1 week of PR approval. IRCC has its own priority sequence :) BTW, apparently IRCC has now removed the requirement of 'landing' for in-country applicants. I was never able to wrap my head around the landing for in-country guys anyway!
Especially given that "flagpoling" carries a much higher risk these days for being denied entry into the US if you don't have a valid status there!

nkk0127

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
23-07-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23-07-2013
Med's Request
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
22-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
Has anyone seen or heard anyone from Kitchener get a test invite? I am beginning to think certain areas are not getting the invite.

i got late Nov and completed in Dec, heard nothing after that

RifHero

Mar 28, 2019
Any family application with one adult invited to write the online test and not the other ? Did they move along with the one adult who took the test, meaning status changed from in process to decision made ?

ShadiiAM

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hello everyone, my application has been in process in Montreal since Jan 12, 2020. I can see that some people in MTL have sent their application and started processing after mine yet have already done their tests. I emailed them and received a reply recently, all they told me is "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process. All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment"
That being said, does anyone has a realistic deadline for me to expect the test invite for? I know they are overloaded with applications at the moment.
Thank you in advance :)

Last edited:

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Hello everyone, my application has been in process in Montreal since Jan 12, 2020. I can see that some people in MTL have sent their application and started processing after mine yet have already done their tests. I emailed them and received a reply recently, all they told me is "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process. All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment"
That being said, does anyone has a realistic deadline for me to expect the test invite for? I know they are overloaded with applications at the moment.
Thank you in advance :)
I want to say that I read somewhere that it varies from province to province (For example, I read that Quebec had halted all online testing, but this is merely a rumour that I read on this forum, so take with appropriate grain of salt.)

I filed my citizenship back in September 2019 and had my test scheduled for and subsequently cancelled in March of 2020 (In Quebec) and haven't heard anything since then. Very dispiriting.

Best of luck, hope you get it soon.

Reactions: ShadiiAM