+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

peedvar

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
I have quick question.. i got my test date and they mentioned to bring all original documents on test date..
I have all documents but i have a problem here... i have my original valid passport but i left my expired passport in back home but have front page copy of it.
What should i do now? If they ask to show original expired passport ?
I think they generally give 2-3 weeks between inviting and the actual test date. Maybe, you can get it couriered using a priority service. I have used it couple of times and have received documents in 2-3 days.

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
I have quick question.. i got my test date and they mentioned to bring all original documents on test date..
I have all documents but i have a problem here... i have my original valid passport but i left my expired passport in back home but have front page copy of it.
Wow you received the test just after 5 days submitting your FP.

Which IRCC Office?

baboonbum

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
To be honest, there is a very slim chance that they will ask for your old expired passport. Even if they do, your new passport has a section which shows your old passport number and details, so they can always look into it through their system. As long as you have your current passport, you should be good.

My two cents.

Thanks,
Bb.

PerryB

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
10-11-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
13-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2015
LANDED..........
23-05-2015
Can you please share your timelines when did you do fingerprints and when you got Test invite ?

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
To be honest, there is a very slim chance that they will ask for your old expired passport. Even if they do, your new passport has a section which shows your old passport number and details, so they can always look into it through their system. As long as you have your current passport, you should be good.

My two cents.

Thanks,
Bb.
Appreciate your help but information you provided is incorrect.

If the expired passport was used within the eligibility period then the applicant has to show that passport as Officer will review stamps etc.

Check Question No. 14 in the form

14) Tell us about all of your travel documents/passports covering your 5 years eligibility period. You will be asked to us Original documents during the processing of your application.

So, if you have used expired passport during eligibility period then you have to show. OP must have filled that information in Question No. 14

sharekhanna

Sep 20, 2019
** Admin, please update spread sheet:
In Process ecas: Jan 11, 2020
Test Invite letter/ecas date: Feb 04, 2020
Test Interview date: Feb 24, 2020

Last edited:

BabyBal

Aug 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
UPDATE: I received request for fingerprints last night (Feb 4th), which I submitted this morning (Feb 5th). I was the only one who received the request, my spouse did not.

I used Canadian Fingerprinting Services; excellent choice for anyone who is in or near downtown Toronto. I was in and out in 10mins, with the confirmation that the prints had been sent to RCMP, and that the RCMP had cleared my background check and started the process to forward the information to IRCC.

Canadian Fingerprinting Services Inc.
2 College St #208, Toronto, ON M5G 1K3
(416) 625-6104
https://goo.gl/maps/kMCg7yeBafhJgoe69

** Admin, please help update:

Citizenship application - Family of 4
Toronto, ON
Physical Presence: 1,098
Application sent: Sept 16, 2019
Application Received: Sep 19, 2019
AOR: Dec 5, 2019
In Process: Jan 13, 2020

Thank you!

gn02090867

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Got FP req today. It's weird that they want me to send to the Vancouver office :/ I am a Toronto applicant.

aashu1986

Jul 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UPDATE: I received request for fingerprints last night (Feb 4th), which I submitted this morning (Feb 5th). I was the only one who received the request, my spouse did not.

I used Canadian Fingerprinting Services; excellent choice for anyone who is in or near downtown Toronto. I was in and out in 10mins, with the confirmation that the prints had been sent to RCMP, and that the RCMP had cleared my background check and started the process to forward the information to IRCC.

Canadian Fingerprinting Services Inc.
2 College St #208, Toronto, ON M5G 1K3
(416) 625-6104
https://goo.gl/maps/kMCg7yeBafhJgoe69
I did my finger print through commissionaires, scarborough. How did you confirm with RCMP that they recived result or not?

because the staff from commisionaries told me that they will sent result directly to the CIC.