+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

xiaohan

Star Member
Jan 13, 2017
Yes you will receive an email first from IRCC, your status online will not change till the day after or so.
Thanks, just saw your reply.

I got the email just now and the status has not been updated. I guess it will be next week or after new year.

Perfect timing to have some good news for this Christmas.

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
Got AOR today. Please update my timeline.

Lilygene

Nov 5, 2019
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.

Can you please add:
Citizenship application - Family of 4
St. Catharines, ON
Physical Presence: 1265 days
Application sent: Aug 9, 2019
Delivered on: Sep 5, 2019 (Delayed but not sure why)
AOR: Dec 20, 2019

inthemud

Jul 6, 2015
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone.
Please update the spreadsheet:
Citizenship application - Family (4)
Calgary, AB
Physical Presence: 1436 days
Application sent: Sep 13, 2019
Application received: Sep 19, 2019
In process: Dec 24, 2019

Thanks!

baboonbum

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Still no AOR for me. My husband got it on the 12th Dec, but I'm still waiting.

Both our applications were sent in the same envelope. I don't understand the delay :(

olgac

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.

Can you please update:

In process: Dec 20th
Request FP: Dec 24th
FP submitted: Dec 27th

Thank you

rianlam

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hi everyone,

I just realized a mistake of my application today. I have forgotten to mention a job that I worked part time for short term last year in my application. I have filed T4 for that last year. I wonder should I notify cic about the missing information or what should I do?

i have received the AOR already. I have been looking around online but could not find any solution for this problem. Please help!

Babyboy_legolas

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Hi all,

Not sure it this happens regularly. But I sent a family citizenship application for my husband and I in one envelope. Surprisingly, my husband got his AOR, I haven't gotten mine yet. Is this normal?

Thank you.

BB
Depends on the email you wrote on the application. In my case I received the AOR for me and my kids and my wife came directly to her.

baboonbum

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Depends on the email you wrote on the application. In my case I received the AOR for me and my kids and my wife came directly to her.
Hello,

Not sure what email though? I just placed both our applications and documents in one envelope. The same last names with marriage certificate copies should be pretty self explanatory (i think). Hoping it didn't get lost in the big pile somewhere:(

Bb

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Hello,

Not sure what email though? I just placed both our applications and documents in one envelope. The same last names with marriage certificate copies should be pretty self explanatory (i think). Hoping it didn't get lost in the big pile somewhere:(

Bb
Are you able to check your application through ECAS?
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en

Select Identification Type: Client ID Number / Unique Client Identifier

Please use your UCI number to check (Mentioned in your landing paper/PR Card - ID No.)

baboonbum

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Are you able to check your application through ECAS?
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en

Select Identification Type: Client ID Number / Unique Client Identifier

Please use your UCI number to check (Mentioned in your landing paper/PR Card - ID No.)
Hello,

Yeah i checked and it shows the usual - application not found and it states the three reasons as to why.

Question - being a family application does it mean there needs to be 1 payment receipt?? Because we ended up paying individually for our application and I've included 2 payment receipts in the envelope as part of documentation.

Bb

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Hello,

Yeah i checked and it shows the usual - application not found and it states the three reasons as to why.

Question - being a family application does it mean there needs to be 1 payment receipt?? Because we ended up paying individually for our application and I've included 2 payment receipts in the envelope as part of documentation.

Bb
That's really strange, as family applications are usually opened and checked together.

Have you tried calling CIC? I would suggest you to call them and check what is the issue?
If I were you, I will call them and discuss about your husband application first, giving them the UCI, as your husband has already received the AOR, the officer will be able to locate your husband file, once its done, bring your application in discussion and see what is the outcome. Wondering why like this - because if you give your UCI first and if he is unable to locate - he/she will say you need to wait etc etc. but if the officer is able to locate your husband application and not yours, the officer might show concern as you are the family.

Yes, you did the right thing. Most of the applicants pay individually and put the payment receipt with each of the application.