+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Well not sure what you mean.... having worked all 5 years in Canada and gave birth to 2 kids...

Either way. I just got the email say I moved to the next stage. My test starts on the 14th.
it might mean they need more informartion about your life in Canada, they almost asked you dayly activities.
I know someone that CIC could not check her stay/permanence in Canada, so the citizenship was deny after 5 years of living in Quebec/Canada.

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
Seeing some many Sept 2019 applicants receiving Test Invites already, I thought I should check my application status too.
I called up IRCC some mins back and the agent told me that Criminality and Security checks on application are cleared.

So, some good news (that checks are cleared!) however the agent also said that currently it is difficult to predict how many days would it take for us to see the next step.

I am guessing that next step should be "Test invite", maybe a wishful thinking on my part :)

And I know IRCC is mostly indeterminate around such timelines but just want to know if there is known trend around how many number of days elapse on an average between "Criminality and Security checks clearance" and "Test invite"?

Any guesses, anyone?

Reactions: mpsqra

gooner23

Feb 11, 2017
For the online citizenship test, we have to be physically present in Canada.

Do we also have to be physically present in Canada for the virtual interview and virtual oath?

Thanks!

Reactions: VSw

VSw

Jul 18, 2014

Do we also have to be physically present in Canada for the virtual interview and virtual oath?

Thanks!
As per rules, yes. Not sure how do they actually ensure the compliance.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Thanks!
No one had the interview yet hence dont know the instructions. But for months we have been hearing that the oath invite has specifically mentioned that we should be inside Canada.
So for test and oath, we need to be inside the country even though they are conducted online. I assume that it would be the same for interview as well. So you should plan to be inside if you are expecting an interview form cic.

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
No one had the interview yet hence dont know the instructions. But for months we have been hearing that the oath invite has specifically mentioned that we should be inside Canada.
So for test and oath, we need to be inside the country even though they are conducted online. I assume that it would be the same for interview as well. So you should plan to be inside if you are expecting an interview form cic.
At the time of oath you need to cut your PR card. So you have to be here In Canada, otherwise you can't travel

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
At the time of oath you need to cut your PR card. So you have to be here In Canada, otherwise you can't travel
We can cut the cards from being anywhere. Not all have their PR cards during oath and its not a mandatory document for attending oath - few lost the card and have attended the ceremony(even before pandemic). So we come inside the country to satisfy the policy/rule, not for cutting cards.

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We can cut the cards from being anywhere. Not all have their PR cards during oath and its not a mandatory document for attending oath - few lost the card and have attended the ceremony(even before pandemic). So we come inside the country to satisfy the policy/rule, not for cutting cards.
What you mentioned is fair. But you have to understand the possibility that if one is outside of Canada and cuts the card or has lost it, they would need a citizenship certificate for Passport to reenter Canada. And as far as I have heard and read in the forums here, they do not mail the citizenship certificates outside of Canada. Getting back in will be tricky. Don't get me wrong it will still be possible, but tough.

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Read it as yes, you have given your consent to request CBSA records, remember? Misrepresentation could be a hard blow below the belt
What you mentioned is fair. But you have to understand the possibility that if one is outside of Canada and cuts the card or has lost it, they would need a citizenship certificate for Passport to reenter Canada. And as far as I have heard and read in the forums here, they do not mail the citizenship certificates outside of Canada. Getting back in will be tricky. Don't get me wrong it will still be possible, but tough.
Well, I doubt if CSBA keeps very good records. But regardless, I'd strongly suggest to be in Canada for these steps. We all have invested so much in the process, both financially and mentally, that we wouldn't want to take any chances. I was planning to go out for a few months with the family. Considering travelling back for these steps may be difficult with young kids, I have postponed the travel plans. Just waiting for it to get over though. Has been quite loooooong. Good luck to all of us!

shailbangre

Jan 13, 2014
Anybody waiting for online test invite for family member? I got my test invite but my wife is waiting. we both applied together.
What could be reason of inviting only one member?

gooner23

Feb 11, 2017
Thanks! I need to travel out of Canada soon. Just received my online test invitation. So i am planning on doing the test in Canada, and then doing the Oath in Canada. And then travelling.

Is there anything else that happens after the Oath that will require me to be physically in Canada? I plan on being outside of Canada for about a month.