+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Survivor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
Hi, new here in this forum. I submitted my application in September 2019 as well. The last correspondence I received was for fingerprints on February 10 and haven't had any status change since then. Is it because of COVID that it might be taking so long?
I too am in the same boat. Last update I have is that they got my finger prints and in the test pool. Hopefully they resume it soon.

Gerryaaa

Nov 6, 2012
Hi all, I have a question on what ecas should say if we were sent any further request for action after the "in process" step. I applied in Sep, got the "we started processing your application on Dec 22, 2019" status but that's it. The next email I got was to notify me all tests are deferred due to covid however I never got an original correspondence or scheduling for tests or any steps aside from what's in Ecas.

I'm in Calgary and my mailman always misplaces my mail (as I always get my neighbour's mail) . Would my ecas status indicate anything online after "in process"? For example, if I was sent anything in mail that got lost. I tried following this thread but only caught that it ECAS will say decision made, does test date or further requests show in ecas?

Thanks in advance and goodluck to everyone!

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi all, I have a question on what ecas should say if we were sent any further request for action after the "in process" step. I applied in Sep, got the "we started processing your application on Dec 22, 2019" status but that's it. The next email I got was to notify me all tests are deferred due to covid however I never got an original correspondence or scheduling for tests or any steps aside from what's in Ecas.

I'm in Calgary and my mailman always misplaces my mail (as I always get my neighbour's mail) . Would my ecas status indicate anything online after "in process"? For example, if I was sent anything in mail that got lost. I tried following this thread but only caught that it ECAS will say decision made, does test date or further requests show in ecas?

Thanks in advance and goodluck to everyone!
Yes. your ECAS will be the first to get updated with status change.

Reactions: Gerryaaa

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
Only oath ceremony resumed in virtual

Haarrii

Nov 20, 2015
Halo Forum members,

Here are my timelines. There has been no update regarding fingerprints or test. Anyone with similar timelines.
Can anyone please provide some help.

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 19, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 6, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on January 9, 2020.

Thanks in advance!

jjonghuny

Feb 19, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
17-12-2012
AOR Received.
25-03-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-05-2013
Passport Req..
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
08-10-2013

Eshtemler

Feb 20, 2020
Toronto
Have no idea who else has been required to do a fingerprint?
I’ve submitted my FP late October 2019 and still my application is pending on security check and clearance. Even if the testing starts, there’s a huge backlog in background checks which have been impacted by Covid. Now Im looking forward to next summer..., staying calm and chill

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Have no idea who else has been required to do a fingerprint?
I’ve submitted my FP late October 2019 and still my application is pending on security check and clearance. Even if the testing starts, there’s a huge backlog in background checks which have been impacted by Covid. Now Im looking forward to next summer..., staying calm and chill
Did you order GCMS Notes? When did you order and when did you receive them?