+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

glennchu

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
why don't they process the applications before the expiry of clearances! I never knew finger printing has a expiry date. May be another way of making revenue.
yeah. honestly, don't mind paying but they should really be fair and if it takes 12 months for an applicant to get citizenship that's what they should focus on. I do understand some special cases here and there but there are 1000's of applicants at this point from 2018-2019 waiting for some movement in their application. Not fair at all - Everyone have paid their taxes, everyone does things according to what is asked or outlined, everyone wants to get it done with, enjoy travelling worry free. It just doesn't make sense.

glennchu

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
why don't they process the applications before the expiry of clearances! I never knew finger printing has a expiry date. May be another way of making revenue.
Don't know why they'll expire finger prints after 12 months. if they are lagging they should extend the expiry too.
same like Ielts, why would it expire after 2 years. its not that our finger prints will change in 12 months or we will forget English in 2 years times.
passport photos too validity 6 months! SMH

• Haha
Reactions: ELIZAG

Mahyar85

Star Member
Jan 10, 2022
From what I gathered, sharing interview details like questions asked and such is highly forbidden and not allowed. I wouldn’t wanna put my or anyone else’s applications at risk. :)
Hi
Any update from your end ? A month passed and i have no update after my interview

ShadiiAM

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hi
Any update from your end ? A month passed and i have no update after my interview
No, unfortunately no updates yet!
but I just received a response from IRCC to my previous email enquiry with the usual BS in addition to a new detail, that the processing time for Citizenship Applications has been updated on IRCC’s website. it now says the processing time is 27 Months.

ShadiiAM

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Quick question, does the processing time count from the day that IRCC receives my application packet by mail, or the day I receive the AOR?
The IRCC website says
Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision on it.
but I am not sure what that means in their dictionary.

Mahyar85

Star Member
Jan 10, 2022
No, unfortunately no updates yet!
but I just received a response from IRCC to my previous email enquiry with the usual BS in addition to a new detail, that the processing time for Citizenship Applications has been updated on IRCC’s website. it now says the processing time is 27 Months.
But this does not apply to us, we are at the end of road , we gave our interview which is the last step before oath

ShadiiAM

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
But this does not apply to us, we are at the end of road , we gave our interview which is the last step before oath
Yeah true I was just letting people know that the average processing time for Citizenship applications is now 27 months, which we have already surpassed.

ShadiiAM

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Anyways i hope there shouldnt be any problem since a month has passed
I doubt there's any problems, I wouldn't worry about it, we just have to be patient. And don't pay much attention to the tracker, they are extremely slow in updating it, it doesn't update automatically, someone actually has to go and update it manually and knowing how slow they are with everything else, it is completely normal for it to take this long!

Mahyar85

Star Member
Jan 10, 2022
I doubt there's any problems, I wouldn't worry about it, we just have to be patient. And don't pay much attention to the tracker, they are extremely slow in updating it, it doesn't update automatically, someone actually has to go and update it manually and knowing how slow they are with everything else, it is completely normal for it to take this long!
Thank you for your positive energy. Best of luck for us

Reactions: ShadiiAM

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Quick question, does the processing time count from the day that IRCC receives my application packet by mail, or the day I receive the AOR?
The IRCC website says but I am not sure what that means in their dictionary.
It starts when they receive the application. But it's already been more than 27 months for you. Next time mention this in your webform.

Reactions: ShadiiAM