Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2015
LANDED..........
23-05-2015
For commissioner in our area it took 1.5 month .
Do one thing call IRCC help line number to inform that you have comply with this .
And send this receipt and documents with cover letter states “ you have comply with the request “ .
I did the same thing .
Other wise you will have additional letter ( final notice letter ) from citizenship office .
Is the webform request open for Citizenship applications ? I tried initial steps and it only mentions PR, student , visitor and worker.citizenship type is not in the list. Is there any direct link to submit webform request for citizenship application?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Is the webform request open for Citizenship applications ? I tried initial steps and it only mentions PR, student , visitor and worker.citizenship type is not in the list. Is there any direct link to submit webform request for citizenship application?
Choose "No" to that question and you'll be shown the page with the citizenship option.

Reactions: PerryB

PerryB

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
10-11-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
13-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2015
LANDED..........
23-05-2015
Choose "No" to that question and you'll be shown the page with the citizenship option.
Thank you Submitted the webform request and let us see how it goes

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Hi Guys, @rajkamalmohanram

I know we needed to be in Canada for Oath. I just went through IRCC webpage and it says:

----
You need to be in Canada to take the Oath of Citizenship. If you get your invitation while you’re outside Canada, reply to the invitation email to explain your situation in detail.

In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Oath of Citizenship” in the subject line
  • In the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • a detailed explanation of your situation
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.
---
Here is the page link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/citizenship.html

Does it indicate that one can take oath while being outside of Canada? Actually we need to travel outside of Canada and may not return for a few months. Just wondering if anyone has taken oath from outside Canada or knows someone who has done it?

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Guys, @rajkamalmohanram

I know we needed to be in Canada for Oath. I just went through IRCC webpage and it says:

----
You need to be in Canada to take the Oath of Citizenship. If you get your invitation while you’re outside Canada, reply to the invitation email to explain your situation in detail.

In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Oath of Citizenship” in the subject line
  • In the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • a detailed explanation of your situation
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.
---
Here is the page link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/citizenship.html

Does it indicate that one can take oath while being outside of Canada? Actually we need to travel outside of Canada and may not return for a few months. Just wondering if anyone has taken oath from outside Canada or knows someone who has done it?

Thanks
You can't take oath outside Canada. They're asking you to contact so that your oath ceremony can be rescheduled.

I have heard of only 1 case in a Whatsapp group where someone mentioned that one of their friends was allowed to take oath outside Canada. I've asked for more information because this is truly an exceptional case and happens extremely rarely. One shouldn't count on this option because it is like winning the lotto, I guess.

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
You can't take oath outside Canada. They're asking you to contact so that your oath ceremony can be rescheduled.

I have heard of only 1 case in a Whatsapp group where someone mentioned that one of their friends was allowed to take oath outside Canada. I've asked for more information because this is truly an exceptional case and happens extremely rarely. One shouldn't count on this option because it is like winning the lotto, I guess.
Thanks amigo! It's a nerve wrecking process. Please post if you get any further information.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
26+ months of wait that seemed endless at times, finally by the blessings of our parents, grace of God and support of friends/family, we could also complete this milestone.

Timelines below:

Application filed: September 03rd 2019
Test invitation: March 2021
Tests completed: April 2021
Decision Made: July 2021
Oath invitation: Nov 2021
Oath done: Nov 26th 2021

Office: Mississauga

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
26+ months of wait that seemed endless at times, finally by the blessings of our parents, grace of God and support of friends/family, we could also complete this milestone.

Timelines below:

Application filed: September 03rd 2019
Test invitation: March 2021
Tests completed: April 2021
Decision Made: July 2021
Oath invitation: Nov 2021
Oath done: Nov 26th 2021

Office: Mississauga
Congrats!! Finally over..

Reactions: mandhaata

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
I took my Oath today; finally done! (Well, pending getting the certificate and passport) Whoever is maintaining the file, please update it accordingly

Reactions: PEQ2013

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apparently as per the online status tracker, all the checks for my application have been completed as of July 30, 2021. No Oath invitation since then.

My wife applied in Feb 2020 (5months after me), she is Canadian Citizen with Passport in hand.

This whole application management (all categories not just Citizenship apps) is totally messed up. There is no real logic on how the apps are being processed/managed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Svet81 and CaBeaver

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Apparently as per the online status tracker, all the checks for my application have been completed as of July 30, 2021. No Oath invitation since then.

My wife applied in Feb 2020 (5months after me), she is Canadian Citizenship with Passport in hand.

This whole application management (all categories not just Citizenship apps) is totally messed up. There is no real logic on how the apps are being processed/managed.
3-4 months ago they were at least trying to update the files after the test/dm within 2-3 months for many to move the file to next stage but nowadays each update takes more than 5-6 months easily for many. I am afraid that now its not even certain on that 5-6 months timeframe and might even take longer.
Total Random Logic.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
3-4 months ago they were at least trying to update the files after the test/dm within 2-3 months for many to move the file to next stage but nowadays each update takes more than 5-6 months easily for many. I am afraid that now its not even certain on that 5-6 months timeframe and might even take longer.
Total Random Logic.
This is because the backlog has grown because of their terrible management.

• Sad
Reactions: harirajmohan

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
This is because the backlog has grown because of their terrible management.
We are in the same boat... Sad how a lot of early 2020 applicants have gotten oaths and done with this wait.

• Sad
Reactions: Svet81 and CaBeaver

PawManya

Aug 27, 2015
Oath completed today. Everything went smoothly. Good luck to those waiting to get an update and eventually become a Canadian citizen. A huge thanks to this forum for all the help.

Reactions: PEQ2013 and VSw