+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

PawManya

Aug 27, 2015
How long is the virtual oath ceremony? My HR dept (we are a small size organization) is trying to build a policy around absence approval for the citizenship process and want to know the duration of the actual virtual oath ceremony. Thank you.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
How long is the virtual oath ceremony? My HR dept (we are a small size organization) is trying to build a policy around absence approval for the citizenship process and want to know the duration of the actual virtual oath ceremony. Thank you.
From what I've heard from applicants, the actual ceremony is around 45 minutes to an hour. But it would be good to allocate at least 1 hour and 30 minutes for setup, technical issues or other unforeseen delays / issues.

Look at this post where someone has posted how long it took.

I'll let others who have actually completed the oath weigh in on this too!

@vinayreddy @akubair @tobesky86 @jamesjamie => Could you please respond to @PawManya 's query since you all took the oath fairly recently?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: PawManya

falcons_Lions

Oct 29, 2015
Hi All, happy to share that my wife and I got oath ceremony scheduled on 16 June. Got the email today. Tracker got updated today too.

quick question- has anyone attended the oath ceremony with 1 year old baby. We have no one to look after our baby when my wife and I sit in the meeting. Will it be ok if we hold him in the meeting.
Thanks

Sharmag
Yes, there were people with babies on mine. They were OK with the babies there. It is all very charming and welcoming. Congratulations.

Survivor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
Update posted on the tracker for both me and my spouse. July 28th as the date of oath but we have not received any email or instruction. In the past we would see decision made and then OATH. but in our case its In progress and then Oath. Is that right?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Update posted on the tracker for both me and my spouse. July 28th as the date of oath but we have not received any email or instruction. In the past we would see decision made and then OATH. but in our case its In progress and then Oath. Is that right?
You will receive an email close to the date of the oath. There is no "Decision Made" status on the new status dashboard. If you check good old ECAS, you'll see DM there. In the new dashboard, Citizenship Ceremony will be set to "In Progress" and you'll receive your oath invitation after that.

Good luck!

Is it July 28th or June 28th? Are they really sending out invites for a date that is 2 months away?

Reactions: Survivor

Survivor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
You will receive an email close to the date of the oath. There is no "Decision Made" status on the new status dashboard. If you check good old ECAS, you'll see DM there. In the new dashboard, Citizenship Ceremony will be set to "In Progress" and you'll receive your oath invitation after that.

Good luck!

Is it July 28th or June 28th? Are they really sending out invites for a date that is 2 months away?
Its July 28th.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Its July 28th.
Thanks. Your entry on the spreadsheet is mostly incomplete. Could you please provide the following dates so that I can complete your entry?

Date you received your test invitation email
Date you took your test
"Decision Made" date on ECAS

From the New Citizenship status Dashboard , please provide the following:

Date when BG Checks were set to "Completed"
Date when Prohibitions, Language and Physical Presence were set to "Completed"

Thanks.

sngr09

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram
Please call IRCC again and told them that you have not received any test email.

In parallel, please start preparation and be ready to give test on the same day.

I know atleast 8 people who never received their test emails sent on January 11 2021 and they are still waiting for reschedule.

And one of them received email the very last day of test expiry and he had to delay because he was not prepared.

Keep calling them after every 3 days and don't sit back. It's stressing but it will be more stressful if you don't receive email on time and wait for an indefinite time for reschedule.

All the best
Last Saturday, I passed test and got automated reply about unofficial results. I done my test without invitation from local office. Is there gonna be any issue on my application?because when I spoke to call center, she told me that she will send an email direct to local office to send postmail invitation. I am confused what will happen next.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram

Last Saturday, I passed test and got automated reply about unofficial results. I done my test without invitation from local office. Is there gonna be any issue on my application?because when I spoke to call center, she told me that she will send an email direct to local office to send postmail invitation. I am confused what will happen next.
I think you should be fine. As long as you saw the update on the new dashboard and took the test on time, you should be good IMO.

Reactions: sngr09

1IslandGirl

Jun 8, 2017
Hi everyone, it's updated on my profile that my oath ceremony is scheduled for the 22nd. I haven't received an email yet. Can anyone say what time the ceremonies usually take place?
Thanks for your help.

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My test results were updated March 25, 2021 (Spreadsheet is already updated).
IRCC never asked for my fingerprints nor an interview. Absolutely no updates.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My test results were updated March 25, 2021 (Spreadsheet is already updated).
IRCC never asked for my fingerprints nor an interview. Absolutely no updates.
That's good.

Not everyone receives an interview invite. If you haven't received an interview invite for so long, you probably won't receive one. Not everyone receives FP requests. If your BG checks are "Completed", then you won't receive FP request as well.

raj_bond

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
My application is received in May 2019, AOR: August 2019, Processing started: Sept 2019, and still waiting for Exam Invitation. I do not know, what is going on and what I should do now? Can anyone suggest some effective way?

mannu635

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received an email with Oath Ceremony instructions on the 13th. :)

Reactions: Hapique