+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Feb 15, 2021
Hi Folks, I applied in Sep, 2019, and took my citizenship test last year Feb just before the pandemic started. Then no news till now, online system is showing "In Progress". Request GCMS notes, and saw the last note says "File removed for PE and forwarded to local office for processing". Does anyone know what does this mean? and is it normal to forward to local office from CPC Sydney?

We are running out of patience, it has been way too long. Initially i thought COVID situation is causing this delay, but i saw friends who applied same time as me already got the virtual ceremony last year...

Reactions: chs

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Hi Folks, I applied in Sep, 2019, and took my citizenship test last year Feb just before the pandemic started. Then no news till now, online system is showing "In Progress". Request GCMS notes, and saw the last note says "File removed for PE and forwarded to local office for processing". Does anyone know what does this mean? and is it normal to forward to local office from CPC Sydney?

We are running out of patience, it has been way too long. Initially i thought COVID situation is causing this delay, but i saw friends who applied same time as me already got the virtual ceremony last year...
This seems HIGHLY variable and also HIGHLY influenced by luck - I've seen multiple people file after me, yet get their test and oath already done and they weren't urgent. I was highly supportive of the government moving this online and doing it so quickly, but it appears that nothing has happened since the initial tranche of 5000 applicants.. :/

Feb 15, 2021
This seems HIGHLY variable and also HIGHLY influenced by luck - I've seen multiple people file after me, yet get their test and oath already done and they weren't urgent. I was highly supportive of the government moving this online and doing it so quickly, but it appears that nothing has happened since the initial tranche of 5000 applicants.. :/
Thanks, but do you know what does that GCMS note mean? - "File removed for PE and forwarded to local office for processing". and is it normal to forward to local office from CPC Sydney?

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Thanks, but do you know what does that GCMS note mean? - "File removed for PE and forwarded to local office for processing". and is it normal to forward to local office from CPC Sydney?
This is normal as the citizenship file is transferred from CPC Sydney to the local office (your own city) after it goes into processing.
you can contact your local MP, write a letter to him or make an appointment. He may expedite the process.
Also, you can raise webform on CIC website or call them and ask about what is causing delays on your file.

peedvar

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Has anyone received fingerprints request twice in the whole process? If yes, which address were the second set of results asked to be mailed to? There is a correspondence sent to me as per my ECAS but i haven't received any email.

sharmag

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
File Transfer...
29-01-2015
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
Wavied off
Passport Req..
31-03-2015 (Submitted on 02-4-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015 (Collected Passport on 22-04-2015)
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Hi anyone from Winnipeg processing office with updates recently? I have been waiting to get an update after the test. My wife and I finished in early January

azhar0527

Dec 12, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
ECAS changed to Decision Made :)

admin please update :)

Citizenship application - 1 applicant (married but only 1 applying)
Brampton, ON
Physical Presence: 1600 days
Application sent: Sep 17, 2019
Delivered: Sep 20, 2019
Received by: Shawn Young
AOR: December 9, 2019
Test Invite: January 21, 2021
Test Completed: January 25, 2021 (20/20)
Decision Made: February 16, 2021

Hoping for oath invite soon :)

echeverialaui

Jan 22, 2020
So I have an issue that has been going on my mind since i completed the test (January 26, 2021, got 19/20).
After I took the test, I realized that the photo ID I took was my new PR card, which does not have signature on it. Stupid me!!!. I was so nervous and did not read the instructions clearly. Has anyone been in this situation? And if yes, what was the response from IRCC? Please help taking this thought off my mind...