+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
My comrades, I must ask a question on behalf of a friend who is a little hesitant (for whatever reasons) to make an account on here. He has got COPR letter/ visa stamped in passport recently and is to land in October 2020. He is diagnosed with appendicitis and has been asked to schedule a surgery very soon to remove the inflamed organ. His question is: should he report this surgery to IRCC as part of the "inform IRCC in case of health change"? Some people are saying that health change really pertains to infections/contagious stuff/very expensive repeat treatments or surgeries that put the people of Canada at risk and drain the economy.

What is the official thing he should do? What will happen if he reports it and what if he doesn't?

Sorry to summon you @legalfalcon but please weigh in; this could be any of us in that situation!

Vivektal81

May 8, 2019
Don't worry. We are all on the same boat, buddy. You are not alone. I have the same AOR as you but FSW-O and the file is in my local VO. Sydney VO is slower than Ottawa and for some reason PNP is much slower than FSW. If one's file does not end up Review Required (RR), I observed these trends: CEC receives PPR about 4 months after AOR, FSW receives about 5 months after AOR, and finally PNP receives about 6 months after AOR. This is MY observation so could be wrong.

You can find people from Sydney VO to know the dates they are currently processing (specially look for PNP trends). Luckily, your file is in VO where you will find a lot of applicants share trends and also you are able to get info by calling IRCC. Since my file is outside Canada, I do not have either of those benefits.

I suggest you to order GCMS notes just to ensure everything is in order (most likely the notes will contain actions done by the first two officers). I got my first GCMS a month and a half ago and everything was in order. This week, I am going to order the second notes.
Hello. Today I received reply of cic.
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

The security background verification has not been initiated.
The criminal background verification is currently valid.
Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
The medical examination results on file are valid for you and your spouse and your dependent child.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

In addition, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

Since it was received on September 21, 2019, it is still within regular processing times.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Is security background both share same?

sunkilmoon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Hello,

I'm getting really anxious and depressed, my aor is September 26th, PNP-Outland, VO sydney, my criminality background check is valid but eligibility still pending and security check not started.. i'm seeing many of september and october aor already have their PPR, I don't understand what is taking this long and I'm afraid that after waiting so long my application is rejected although i provided all requested documents... only 22 days to go to 6 months period after aor... I really need this to start a new life and don't how to have any other plans with all my hopes to go to canada as soon as possible... yep this residency is almost my only chance, i have a great resume but that didn't really help me to find a job in a developed country where most companies don't offer visa sponsorship...
Bro I feel you. My status is exactly the same as yours except my AOR is September 5th (6 month period this Thursday). VO Sydney. PNP-Outland. A webform from last week: criminality is valid, eligibility still in process, security not yet started. Everything with my app was slow. Late MEP. After 74 days. I called them asking what was up and the next day they passed the meds as if it was just stuck somewhere and they only passed it because I called them. Every status is exactly the same as it was when I got an AOR. I don't understand what is taking them so long either but I guess we're not here to understand their logic. So everyone just chill and be patient. Even when you think you're the only one waiting. No, you're not. There are more people like you and everyone gets their PR eventually. I so wish I could start packing and head towards the new life's troubles but for now, this freaking EE thing has to get approved first!

Last edited:

Mar 2, 2020
Bro I feel you. My status is exactly the as yours except my AOR is September 5th (6 month period this Thursday). VO Sydney. PNP-Outland. A webform from last week: criminality is valid, eligibility still in process, security not yet started. Everything with my app was slow. Late MEP. After 74 days. I called them asking what was up and the next day they passed the meds as if it was just stuck somewhere and they only passed it because I called them. Every status is exactly the same as it was when I got an AOR. I don't understand what is taking them so long either but I guess we're not here to understand their logic. So everyone just chill and be patient. Even when you think you're the only one waiting. No, you're not. There are more people like you and everyone gets their PR eventually. I so wish I could start packing and head towards the new life's troubles but for now, this freaking EE thing has to get approved first!
Hi there - I wonder what you said to them that made them look at your MED and pass it, since the only thing left (what the agent told me) in my application is MED.

sunkilmoon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Hi there - I wonder what you said to them that made them look at your MED and pass it, since the only thing left (what the agent told me) in my application is MED.
I only asked why it wasn't passed yet and that I was worried something was wrong. The agent told me not to worry about it. Next thing I know, literally a few hours later got an email about MEP. Maybe a coincidence but I believe it was the call.

Last edited:

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hello. Today I received reply of cic.
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

The security background verification has not been initiated.
The criminal background verification is currently valid.
Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
The medical examination results on file are valid for you and your spouse and your dependent child.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

In addition, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

Since it was received on September 21, 2019, it is still within regular processing times.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Is security background both share same?
There is a thread by LegalFalcon which explains in depth what background check is. Click Here.

But anyways, both are passed for you but they did not mention anything about eligibility. Perhaps, you should call them next week and ask specifically the status of eligibility.

garbaczpaula

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-09-2019
Med's Done....
21-10-2019
Hello,

I'm getting really anxious and depressed, my aor is September 26th, PNP-Outland, VO sydney, my criminality background check is valid but eligibility still pending and security check not started.. i'm seeing many of september and october aor already have their PPR, I don't understand what is taking this long and I'm afraid that after waiting so long my application is rejected although i provided all requested documents... only 22 days to go to 6 months period after aor... I really need this to start a new life and don't how to have any other plans with all my hopes to go to canada as soon as possible... yep this residency is almost my only chance, i have a great resume but that didn't really help me to find a job in a developed country where most companies don't offer visa sponsorship...
I’m In the same situation ... eligibility still in progress only 3 weeks left till the 6 months mark

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My comrades, I must ask a question on behalf of a friend who is a little hesitant (for whatever reasons) to make an account on here. He has got COPR letter/ visa stamped in passport recently and is to land in October 2020. He is diagnosed with appendicitis and has been asked to schedule a surgery very soon to remove the inflamed organ. His question is: should he report this surgery to IRCC as part of the "inform IRCC in case of health change"? Some people are saying that health change really pertains to infections/contagious stuff/very expensive repeat treatments or surgeries that put the people of Canada at risk and drain the economy.

What is the official thing he should do? What will happen if he reports it and what if he doesn't?

Sorry to summon you @legalfalcon but please weigh in; this could be any of us in that situation!
Appendicitis is not a reasons for medical inadmissibility and there is no need to inform IRCC either. However, if there is a need fo any Prost operative care or medication, be advised that it will not be covered by most provinces for the first 3 months after arriving in Canada. So your friend should explore private medical insurance if required.

Reactions: prashantpraut

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Golden Mail Received Today !!!

Below is my timeline
Inland, AOR - 29 SEP-19, MEP - 25 OCT 19, PPR - 03 MAR 20, VO : EDMONTON

Thanks for all who helped with answers to queries along the way and good luck to those awaiting PPR.

Last edited:
Reactions: agarden0

Sai Santhosh

Jan 5, 2020
Hi

CEC inland
AOR September 19
Medical passed Oct 10
No updates since then

I called CIC +1-888-242-2100 =>they responded in a high level as I mentioned above and suggests me to wait until 6 months.

Can I submit webform to get indetailed status before 6 months? or is there any wrong to submit webform < 6months?

Msgarcha

Feb 17, 2016
Hi

CEC inland
AOR September 19
Medical passed Oct 10
No updates since then

I called CIC +1-888-242-2100 =>they responded in a high level as I mentioned above and suggests me to wait until 6 months.

Can I submit webform to get indetailed status before 6 months? or is there any wrong to submit webform < 6months?
You can submit anytime and they wont have any issue in giving you info. Ask about Criminality, eligibility and Security in the form.

manasvi_022

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-09-2019
Hi

CEC inland
AOR September 19
Medical passed Oct 10
No updates since then

I suggest you order GCMS notes for better understanding and in depth details. Am September 18th, 2019 CEC inland candidate as well. I called them and submitted webform and both says eligibility not started, security not started and background in process. It’s getting frustrating now. Only 14 days left in 6months.

nakulgupta

Mar 3, 2020
Hi,

I got my ITA in July and AOR was submitted on September 1, 2019, but I have still not heard anything about the CoPR. Post passing the medicals, the last update I got was for my biometrics, which I submitted on October 7, 2019. I have not heard anything since then.

Can someone guide/suggest me what to do next?

manasvi_022

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-09-2019
Hi,

I got my ITA in July and AOR was submitted on September 1, 2019, but I have still not heard anything about the CoPR. Post passing the medicals, the last update I got was for my biometrics, which I submitted on October 7, 2019. I have not heard anything since then.

Can someone guide/suggest me what to do next?
Order GCMS notes. That way you’ll get all the details. In the mean time call them and ask for eligibility, security and background. All you can do is wait for now. Seems like they are heavily backlogged. Mine is September 18th, 2019 AOR CEC inland. Says eligibility not started, security not started and background checks in process. Am frustrated too but can’t do anything.

nakulgupta

Mar 3, 2020
Order GCMS notes. That way you’ll get all the details. In the mean time call them and ask for eligibility, security and background. All you can do is wait for now. Seems like they are heavily backlogged. Mine is September 18th, 2019 AOR CEC inland. Says eligibility not started, security not started and background checks in process. Am frustrated too but can’t do anything.
Thanks for the info manasvi! For me, it shows background check is in process and reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements. How do i get to know what stage my background check is in? Through GCMS notes only?