+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

ski

Nov 20, 2013
Oh my god with the DM to oath timeline in Montreal... this is madnesssss!!!
Totally agree. Try to keep yourself occupied with something else. I was going crazy checking my online status and reading posts on the forum. I have been devoting myself to learning French. Yesterday I successfully ordered a meal in French and got a high five from the waiter.

ywg_dude

Apr 29, 2014
Hello all,

Today I received by email an invitation to the long awaited oath ceremony on June 14th, in Ottawa.
I'm planned to travel 3 weeks after the ceremony, and considering weekends and July 1st holiday I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get a passport before my flight (assuming I won't apply for urgent process).

Has anyone encountered a similar situation? Can we ask cic to set an earlier ceremony?
I've read on the Canadian government website that in some cases a person can get a permit to return to Canada without a Canadian passport. Does anyone have experience with this?

Best Regards,
ywg

Reactions: PhdStream

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hello all,

Today I received by email an invitation to the long awaited oath ceremony on June 14th, in Ottawa.
I'm planned to travel 3 weeks after the ceremony, and considering weekends and July 1st holiday I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get a passport before my flight (assuming I won't apply for urgent process).

Has anyone encountered a similar situation? Can we ask cic to set an earlier ceremony?
I've read on the Canadian government website that in some cases a person can get a permit to return to Canada without a Canadian passport. Does anyone have experience with this?

Best Regards,
ywg
Congratulation!!

Reactions: ywg_dude

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Hello all,

Best Regards,
ywg
Last June i received passport after the 10 days of applying at Edmonton passport office. It was regular processing.
Chances of getting the oath ceremony date preponed are almost nil. However, you can get it postponed. I did that last year.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hello all,

Best Regards,
ywg
I applied for my son's passport yesterday at Ottawa Passport Office located at 885 Meadowlands Drive East. I was told that the processing time is 10 business days and the passport is guaranteed to be delivered on or by June 4 (which is given me on a written receipt), via registered mail (exactly after two weeks). So in my opinion, do not change your oath date as it hard to get earlier date as well as it might delay your process. Even if you apply for normal processing time, you still have a week of buffer time. In the worst case, you can go with option of urgent processing (next day pickup), express pickup (2-9 business days) or standard pickup (10 business days) with some extra $$. Find detail here, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/fees/passport-canada.html

Note: I was there during noon yesterday, which was the first work day of the week. It was not relatively crowded (around 50-70 people), but the entire process took me less than 30 mins. Waited 10 mins to receive token number, another 10 mins for my turn to submit application (there were ~15 applicant before me), and another ~10 mins to handover application and validate documents. They were pretty fast and efficient and have more than 10 kiosks to process our application.

Last edited:

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt - RPRF 06-11-14
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15
Hello all,

Best Regards,
ywg
Updated - congrats!

Reactions: ywg_dude

Cyril_mtl

Aug 27, 2018
I applied for my son's passport yesterday at Ottawa Passport Office located at 885 Meadowlands Drive East. I was told that the processing time is 10 business days and the passport is guaranteed to be delivered on or by June 4 (which is given me on a written receipt), via registered mail (exactly after two weeks). So in my opinion, do not change your oath date as it hard to get earlier date as well as it might delay your process. Even if you apply for normal processing time, you still have a week of buffer time. In the worst case, you can go with option of urgent processing (next day pickup), express pickup (2-9 business days) or standard pickup (10 business days) with some extra $$. Find detail here, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/fees/passport-canada.html

Note: I was there during noon yesterday, which was the first work day of the week. It was not relatively crowded (around 50-70 people), but the entire process took me less than 30 mins. Waited 10 mins to receive token number, another 10 mins for my turn to submit application (there were ~15 applicant before me), and another ~10 mins to handover application and validate documents. They were pretty fast and efficient and have more than 10 kiosks to process our application.
I may have the same problem, if Montreal office wakeup and start to call us for Oath. It isn't easy to plan summer vacation.

What are the paperwork you need to bring for a passport request ?
My understanding is you have to give your Landing visa and PR card when you do the Oath ?
Do you get a specific document that is a proof you became a citizen ?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
I may have the same problem, if Montreal office wakeup and start to call us for Oath. It isn't easy to plan summer vacation.

What are the paperwork you need to bring for a passport request ?
My understanding is you have to give your Landing visa and PR card when you do the Oath ?
Do you get a specific document that is a proof you became a citizen ?
I applied for my son. For the document, they ask for his Ontario birth certificate and my wife's driving licence both original, in addition to filled and signed application forms plus photographs. They validated the birth certificate and licence, and returned to us immediately. We were asked if we need passport urgent or wish to pick-up by our-self, which we declined. I was also told that, it is possible to issue a limited validity passport (good enough for 1 year) for Canadian birth child before we receive her/his birth certificate (I know only this much, and did not ask any further detail).

Last edited:

ywg_dude

Apr 29, 2014
Last June i received passport after the 10 days of applying at Edmonton passport office. It was regular processing.
Chances of getting the oath ceremony date preponed are almost nil. However, you can get it postponed. I did that last year.
Thank you

ywg_dude

Apr 29, 2014

Thank you!

Reactions: PhdStream

mozsol

Nov 22, 2017
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all your support in this forum. I got my Oath invitation today here below is my timeline.

Admin please update it in track sheet.

App Sent: 04, Sep 2018
App Delivered: 06 Sep 2018
AOR: 20 Nov 2018
In Process ecas: 29 Nov 2018
Test Invite: 21 Jan 2019
Test Interview: 06 Feb 2019
Decision made: 15 May 2019
Oath Invite: 22 May 2019
Oath ceremony: 07 Jun 2019

Reactions: vikhere

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all your support in this forum. I got my Oath invitation today here below is my timeline.

Admin please update it in track sheet.

App Sent: 04, Sep 2018
App Delivered: 06 Sep 2018
AOR: 20 Nov 2018
In Process ecas: 29 Nov 2018
Test Invite: 21 Jan 2019
Test Interview: 06 Feb 2019
Decision made: 15 May 2019
Oath Invite: 22 May 2019
Oath ceremony: 07 Jun 2019
Added - congrats!

arielajv

May 22, 2019
Hi guys! I've just joined your lovely forum since I have certain concerns about my application.
Here's my info:

Sent: July 18, 2018.
AOR: September 11, 2018.
IP: October 9, 2018.
Fingerprints requested: November 19, 2018.

Nothing since. When should I expect my test? In July or September?
This situation started to bother me a lot, since it's the end of May already and I haven't heard anything from them.
Also, I've no idea why they asked for my fingerprints... I have absolutely no criminal record... But I suppose travelling for prolonged periods of time could've affected it.

I just have no idea why they're processing it for such a long time...

abhinavshah

Nov 13, 2013
Hi All,

My status just got changed to decision made as of May 22. Admin, can you please update.

I am still waiting for Oath invite. Based on your experiences how soon do you think I may receive Oath invitation?

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15
Hi guys! I've just joined your lovely forum since I have certain concerns about my application.
Here's my info:

Sent: July 18, 2018.
AOR: September 11, 2018.
IP: October 9, 2018.
Fingerprints requested: November 19, 2018.

Nothing since. When should I expect my test? In July or September?
This situation started to bother me a lot, since it's the end of May already and I haven't heard anything from them.
Also, I've no idea why they asked for my fingerprints... I have absolutely no criminal record... But I suppose travelling for prolonged periods of time could've affected it.

I just have no idea why they're processing it for such a long time...
Hi,

You should join the July thread - we are all September applicants.