+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

mozsol

Nov 22, 2017
Processing time depends on your visa office. Vancouver is notoriously slow. Mississauga and Brampton are pretty slow too. Ottawa and Montreal and quite similar. Typically, anything the agent tells is you is a "vague estimate". Usually it is a 5 to 6 months wait for oath after the test. Did you spend time out of Canada for which you submitted a police clearance certificate? I am guess my delay to DM was because of that as the CO said she would "analyze" the PCC that I submitted. They might have independently verified as well.
Today, the ECAS changed to Decision made. May I know what will be the next move? Does it take the same timeline as DM for Oath invitation? Pls advise.

sba

Star Member
May 13, 2017
I am not in the same boat but from what I have gathered it would be better if you take any document supporting your claims with you. That will give closure to all the outbound trips for which you don't have inbound stamps. Better to keep things handy. If you don't have any of the documents, don't worry. They can get your information from CBSA. You might have to sign a document for them to authorize access to your CBSA documents. It is not a big deal. They come across several cases like yours in a day. They know the drill.

sba

Star Member
May 13, 2017
One of my friends has the same problem, and even in cbsa report it is not mentioned.
But he has taken a course in Toronto after that date, would they accept that?

ski

Nov 20, 2013
Today, the ECAS changed to Decision made. May I know what will be the next move? Does it take the same timeline as DM for Oath invitation? Pls advise.
Only God knows. There are people who have been waiting for months and there are some who get invite in a week. Good luck.

SSS1234

Nov 8, 2015
Updated! Still missing the invite letter date... do you know it?
Hi Admin,
My DM date is missing...
Sorry, I forgot to inform you all, about my DM date. I do not remember exactly, but it was around the first week of March 2019. I would say, DM date is March 1st 2019

Can you update is please?

Line 58

Thank you,

mozsol

Nov 22, 2017
Hi Admin,
My DM date is missing...
Sorry, I forgot to inform you all, about my DM date. I do not remember exactly, but it was around the first week of March 2019. I would say, DM date is March 1st 2019

Line 58

Thank you,
Did you receive the Oath invitation? or still waiting? and what's your location?

M18

Dec 29, 2017
Took Oath yesterday- May 15, 2019, in Scarborough. All went smooth.

What to bring to ceremony: Oath Notice, PR Card, Landing Paper, Passport(s)

ECAS status- Complete

good luck everyone!

PS: I got my oath invite in mail (not email). Based on yesterday's ceremony, my understanding on why not email is broken down in points below:

1. everyone taking oath yesterday had a mailed oath notice, not email.
  2. it was a gathering of almost 300 people taking oath + guests
  3. 300 people were divided in 2 groups based on the colour of the paper(mail) they got their oath invite on. Pink and Blue in this case.
  4. both groups were given citizenship certificates at the same time.
hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: GraceCan

mozsol

Nov 22, 2017
Took Oath yesterday- May 15, 2019, in Scarborough. All went smooth.

What to bring to ceremony: Oath Notice, PR Card, Landing Paper, Passport(s)

ECAS status- Complete

good luck everyone!

PS: I got my oath invite in mail (not email). Based on yesterday's ceremony, my understanding on why not email is broken down in points below:

1. everyone taking oath yesterday had a mailed oath notice, not email.
  2. it was a gathering of almost 300 people taking oath + guests
  3. 300 people were divided in 2 groups based on the colour of the paper(mail) they got their oath invite on. Pink and Blue in this case.
  4. both groups were given citizenship certificates at the same time.
hope this helps!
Thanks for the details much appreciated.

May I know in your case how long does it take for you to get the Oath mail since the Decision made?

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
One of my friends has the same problem, and even in cbsa report it is not mentioned.
That can be one way of showing it. Ask him to carry any document that can show his presence in the class. It would depend on the Case Officer whether he/she accepts it or not.

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt - RPRF 06-11-14
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15
Hi Admin,
My DM date is missing...

Line 58

Thank you,
Updated!

M18

Dec 29, 2017
Thanks for the details much appreciated.

May I know in your case how long does it take for you to get the Oath mail since the Decision made?

no problem!

test: march 2; decision made: march 4
oath invite: april 30
oath: May 15

abhinavshah

Nov 13, 2013
I am not in the same boat but from what I have gathered it would be better if you take any document supporting your claims with you. That will give closure to all the outbound trips for which you don't have inbound stamps. Better to keep things handy. If you don't have any of the documents, don't worry. They can get your information from CBSA. You might have to sign a document for them to authorize access to your CBSA documents. It is not a big deal. They come across several cases like yours in a day. They know the drill.
Thanks for the response. I passed the test & got 19 questions right on 20 :) The CO was very kind and asked routine questions, glanced through the pages on my passport & told me that I should receive an invitation for oath in 1 or 2 months.

P.S: As advised on this forum, I had carried all the supporting documents (flight tickets, boarding passes, bus tickets) for the travel that didn't have Canada entry stamps. However, the CO didn't question me about the missing stamps and everything went smoothly today.

abhinavshah

Nov 13, 2013
How does your friend know that this entry is missed in CBSA report too? As from my personal experience today. I had carried the supporting documents for my travel to the interview but the CO was very kind & went over the stamps on my passport, but didn't question me about the missing stamps.

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Thanks for the response. I passed the test & got 19 questions right on 20 :) The CO was very kind and asked routine questions, glanced through the pages on my passport & told me that I should receive an invitation for oath in 1 or 2 months.

P.S: As advised on this forum, I had carried all the supporting documents (flight tickets, boarding passes, bus tickets) for the travel that didn't have Canada entry stamps. However, the CO didn't question me about the missing stamps and everything went smoothly today.
That's great! Congratulations. Hope you hear for your oath soon :)

sba

Star Member
May 13, 2017
How does your friend know that this entry is missed in CBSA report too? As from my personal experience today. I had carried the supporting documents for my travel to the interview but the CO was very kind & went over the stamps on my passport, but didn't question me about the missing stamps.