+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Did you send a request to transfer your file from Winnipeg to Edm?

I recently moved from Ontario to Quebec and updated my address but I'm wondering if they will automatically transfer my file or not?
You will have to write an actual letter and mail it to ur processing office in ontario for transfer request. Changing address on ecas doesnt get file transferred automatically

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hello,

I am in a process to apply for the citizenship application. Two issue I need some advice on -

1> When I applied for PR back in 2014 I did submit the IELTS general test and send the original with the application. But I haven't kept the any copy/photograph of the score card.Now if I only send my Master's and BSc certificates, which are in English, with the citizenship application, will there be any issue?

2>My spouse never took IELTS. But her Master and BSc certificates are in English. Will this work?

In general, has any recent application been rejected for not providing IELTS application?Or did case officer ask to take IELTS or similar exam at later stage of the application process?

Thanks in advance.
Well having degree and certificates in english are not enough unless they r from english speaking country e.g. canada. If u can get a letter from ur uni stating medium of instruction was english they may consider it as valid else u will need copy of ur ielts u took for PR and ur wife needs to do iels or equivalent

Reactions: zstream

aba2011

Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
26-10-2011
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Not yet received
Med's Request
17/07/2012 --- Remedical Request: 12/03/2014
Med's Done....
Received by LVO on 14/08/2012
Interview........
Waived.............
Passport Req..
19-03-2014 AND Decision Made: 10-04-2014
@esantos
One more question, during the interview after the test, I was told by the immigration officer that I will received my oath invitation by September; was this the case with you too?

Last edited:

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Hello,

I am in a process to apply for the citizenship application. Two issue I need some advice on -

1> When I applied for PR back in 2014 I did submit the IELTS general test and send the original with the application. But I haven't kept the any copy/photograph of the score card.Now if I only send my Master's and BSc certificates, which are in English, with the citizenship application, will there be any issue?

2>My spouse never took IELTS. But her Master and BSc certificates are in English. Will this work?

In general, has any recent application been rejected for not providing IELTS application?Or did case officer ask to take IELTS or similar exam at later stage of the application process?

Thanks in advance.
If your spouse had English as one of the subjects at higher secondary level/medium of instructions was English in degree or even diploma level education, that's good enough. Country in which such a certificate was obtained is irrelevant.

Reactions: zstream

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Hello All,

I seek your expert opinion on my scenario.

ecas is showing 5th line updated as below.

We sent you a notice on May 8, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 28, 2019 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

However, we have not received any email or mail communication on this. Does it take time to send communication?

Secondly, will it be possible to request them to pre-pone the oath date?

My third question is can we travel to USA with citizenship certificate alone (without Canadian Passport)
Send an email to the IRCC office processing your application. Chances of getting the oath date are rather remote. However, they will easily postpone it if you request for it.
No you can't travel with your citizenship certificate only to the USA or any other country. It's not a travel document. One must get a passport. Urgent processing of Canadian passport takes just one working day.

Reactions: guptaa

Ana123

May 11, 2019
I’ll just share my timeline with y’all...
Background: Jamaican
Applied with 1200+ days
Rec’d application: sept 24...
In process: December 19
Test invite: feb 2
Test: March 2
Decision made: March 3
Oath invite: may 10
Oath ceremony: June 18

I applied as a single applicant

Reactions: callbox

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
I’ll just share my timeline with y’all...
Background: Jamaican
Applied with 1200+ days
Rec’d application: sept 24...
In process: December 19
Test invite: feb 2
Test: March 2
Decision made: March 3
Oath invite: may 10
Oath ceremony: June 18

I applied as a single applicant
Where was ur test?

AK171

Apr 6, 2017
Victoria
App. Filed.......
07-09-2018
Can someone please confirm if old expire passport is also required in test or oath ceremony? I have my active passport covering whole eligibility period with me but I do not have my old expire passports before the eligibility period. Any idea if old expire passport before the eligibility period will be required during test or Oath ceremony ?

irishibanez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Calgary
Can someone please confirm if old expire passport is also required in test or oath ceremony? I have my active passport covering whole eligibility period with me but I do not have my old expire passports before the eligibility period. Any idea if old expire passport before the eligibility period will be required during test or Oath ceremony ?
you don't have to if you don't have it, and they didn't even ask for mine during my oath.

esantos

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
13-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
12-May-2015