Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt - RPRF 06-11-14
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15
Today I took Oath for Canadian Citizen in Montreal. It was a well organized event. There were 350 Candidates.

It started at 9:00am and got over by 11:15am.

Most like will be applying got passport on Monday if ecas is updated.

Please update the SS.
Updated - congrats!!!

Reactions: Thomas1987

Thomas1987

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW-DELHI/ WARSAW POLAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 August 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2nd 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application.
File Transfer...
Jan 7th 2015
Med's Request
14th April 2015
Med's Done....
15th April 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 5th 2015
LANDED..........
July 3rd 2015
Fantastic! Congrats!

Just one question - did you feel like they had tried to get the country of origin uniformly distributed in the ceremony? Someone else said the judge said people from 61 countries were taking the oath that day.
Thanks! The judge said 350 people who belong to 67 different countries that will become Canadian citizens today. I don’t think they send invites based on the country of birth. It was just a general comment she made.

I like the way they organzied the event, every one gets a chair with a number tag and the citizenship certificates were filed according to the chair tags. There was not a moment the immigration officials were scrambling around.

It’s not easy to organize an event with 350 people.

I was impressed!

Reactions: want2know

Thomas1987

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW-DELHI/ WARSAW POLAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 August 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2nd 2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Jan 7th 2015
Med's Request
14th April 2015
Med's Done....
15th April 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 5th 2015
LANDED..........
July 3rd 2015

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
Hubby's ECAS changed to decision made today. No oath invite yet. Interesting to see that some are being sent by mail. We have had some really bad luck with Canada Post and IRCC documents, I hope we get an email.

thonexio

Sep 6, 2018
Today I took Oath for Canadian Citizen in Montreal. It was a well organized event. There were 350 Candidates.

It started at 9:00am and got over by 11:15am.

Most like will be applying for passport on Monday if ecas is updated.

Please update the SS.
Hi there. When did you take your exam? Im worried. I had my exam last feb 20 and until now im still waiting for my oath taking invite.

thonexio

Sep 6, 2018
Good morning,

Is there a way for us to contact the Montreal Office? I took my exam last Feb.20,2019 and ny ecas changed to decision made that same day. Until now I have not received an Invite for the Oath taking ceremony. I have some common friends who took the exam here in Montreal last march and april and had their oath taking ceremong last week. I'm a lil bit worried though..

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Good morning,

Is there a way for us to contact the Montreal Office? I took my exam last Feb.20,2019 and ny ecas changed to decision made that same day. Until now I have not received an Invite for the Oath taking ceremony. I have some common friends who took the exam here in Montreal last march and april and had their oath taking ceremong last week. I'm a lil bit worried though..

I have the number of the officer who interviewed me because she requested more paperworks by calling on phone before sending out CIT0520 in email. But even then, I wouldn’t call the officer to know the status of my case. I only call IRCC call Center number if they received my additional documents .

I would say give them a couple more weeks and if not, you can try calling IRCC call Center number. But they will most likely say that your application is within 12 month processing period and not to worry.

ski

Nov 20, 2013
Good morning,

I tried calling last month when it had been two months after the test and my ECAS is still in process. They just said that it is being processed and they will email me if there is an update. If you have DM then you shouldn't have to worry. The oath invite seems to be a random process. From the feedback from a few who have taken their oath, it might be because they want representations from all countries. Oath is after all a PR event for the government and they need to show multiculturalism which would not be the case if they invited people on a first come first serve basis. This is just a guess but there seems no other way to explain the randomness in the invites. For example Thomas above got his oath invite but there are people from the May/June thread who still haven't received it.

navi2235

Jul 17, 2015
Visa Office......
wvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-15
AOR Received.
28-11-15
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
13-05-15
Med's Done....
22-05-15
Interview........
None,Probably Waived
Passport Req..
DM 26-08-2015 PPR Eagerly Waiting
I have the number of the officer who interviewed me because she requested more paperworks by calling on phone before sending out CIT0520 in email. But even then, I wouldn’t call the officer to know the status of my case. I only call IRCC call Center number if they received my additional documents .

I would say give them a couple more weeks and if not, you can try calling IRCC call Center number. But they will most likely say that your application is within 12 month processing period and not to worry.
Hi
Can you please share what additional documents were asked for?
Thanks and good luck to all.

Thomas1987

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW-DELHI/ WARSAW POLAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 August 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2nd 2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Jan 7th 2015
Med's Request
14th April 2015
Med's Done....
15th April 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 5th 2015
LANDED..........
July 3rd 2015
I tried calling last month when it had been two months after the test and my ECAS is still in process. They just said that it is being processed and they will email me if there is an update. If you have DM then you shouldn't have to worry. The oath invite seems to be a random process. From the feedback from a few who have taken their oath, it might be because they want representations from all countries. Oath is after all a PR event for the government and they need to show multiculturalism which would not be the case if they invited people on a first come first serve basis. This is just a guess but there seems no other way to explain the randomness in the invites. For example Thomas above got his oath invite but there are people from the May/June thread who still haven't received it.

My home country passport was expiring in June 2019 and also my home country doesn't allow dual citizenship. I lost my country of birth citizenship on Friday. I had mentioned this in the cover letter.

Thomas1987

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW-DELHI/ WARSAW POLAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 August 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2nd 2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Jan 7th 2015
Med's Request
14th April 2015
Med's Done....
15th April 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 5th 2015
LANDED..........
July 3rd 2015
Hi there. When did you take your exam? Im worried. I had my exam last feb 20 and until now im still waiting for my oath taking invite.

Don't be worried, you will get the invite soon.

I wrote the exam on Jan 28th and DM was two days later. My case was an exception.

ski

Nov 20, 2013
My home country passport was expiring in June 2019 and also my home country doesn't allow dual citizenship. I lost my country of birth citizenship on Friday. I had mentioned this in the cover letter.
Can you share what your country of citizenship before was? And I doubt if passport expiring would make CIC process the application faster. A lot of people would use all kind of excuses like that or similar like PR card expiring to request faster processing. Until you get Canadian citizenship, you can always renew your existing passport. Your country won't deny you a passport if you have a citizenship application in process elsewhere.

Reactions: k300k3

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Can you share what your country of citizenship before was? And I doubt if passport expiring would make CIC process the application faster. A lot of people would use all kind of excuses like that or similar like PR card expiring to request faster processing. Until you get Canadian citizenship, you can always renew your existing passport. Your country won't deny you a passport if you have a citizenship application in process elsewhere.

Thomas1987 said that he put that about soon-to-be losing his home country citizenship in a cover letter. I guess in a way, that impressed the CIC office? It’s like .. “oh he loves Canada so much and and he’s willing to let go of his home country citizenship”. Just a thought but it’s possible .

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Hi
Can you please share what additional documents were asked for?
Thanks and good luck to all.

They asked me to provide the provincial health claim summary, employment record, school transcripts, bank & credit card statements . 4 items in total