+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

irishibanez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Calgary
I checked the status a couple of days ago and it was in process. Just now I checked and it says decision made. I haven’t received any emails yet. How long do we usually have to wait to receive it???
I didn’t get an email regarding decision made. But I did get an email regarding oath invite.

ski

Nov 20, 2013
I didn’t get an email regarding decision made. But I did get an email regarding oath invite.
Changes in ECAS such as application going into process or decision made don't trigger emails. Test invite, fingerprint request, oath invite or request for other docs are what you get by email.

Thomas1987

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW-DELHI/ WARSAW POLAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 August 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2nd 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application.
File Transfer...
Jan 7th 2015
Med's Request
14th April 2015
Med's Done....
15th April 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 5th 2015
LANDED..........
July 3rd 2015
Congratulations
I applied 11 September
But still in process
Mine was in decision made state from Jan 30th 2019 ( day after I passed my exam).My application processing was completed as of Jan 29th 2019 (Oath email states that as well) , just they had to schedule a day for oath.

ski

Nov 20, 2013
Mine was in decision made state from Jan 30th 2019 ( day after I passed my exam).My application processing was completed as of Jan 29th 2019 (Oath email states that as well) , just they had to schedule a day for oath.
Just a question - was your application straightforward? No long stays out of Canada that needed a police clearance certificate, no frequent travels, family living in Montreal with you etc?

Mine has been in process since Feb 11. I assumed it was because I spent 10 months in Germany for which I submitted a PCC. But there a few folks after me who have also been in process for more than a month. So can't make out if they are taking time doing background verification or it's just something else. I didn't get a fingerprint request.

Reactions: k300k3

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt - RPRF 06-11-14
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15

Bob456

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Hi,

Please update my status.

Office : Scarborough
Test invite: Mar 19
Test date: Apr 9 (passed 20/20)
Oath ceremony: April 10

I said to the officer, that i did not expect the Oath to be so soon. And the officer replied that they are trying to speed up the process.
I noticed some other people who took the test with me also got the Oath ceremony the next day.
Wow. Many Congrats. What if we can’t take the oath next day say we are travelling or so. I have test on May 1st at Scarborough office and I am travelling next day and will be back after a week. Do we get to choose any other date in this case and also is it possible to take oath on same day ?

Thomas1987

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW-DELHI/ WARSAW POLAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 August 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2nd 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application.
File Transfer...
Jan 7th 2015
Med's Request
14th April 2015
Med's Done....
15th April 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 5th 2015
LANDED..........
July 3rd 2015
Just a question - was your application straightforward? No long stays out of Canada that needed a police clearance certificate, no frequent travels, family living in Montreal with you etc?

Mine has been in process since Feb 11. I assumed it was because I spent 10 months in Germany for which I submitted a PCC. But there a few folks after me who have also been in process for more than a month. So can't make out if they are taking time doing background verification or it's just something else. I didn't get a fingerprint request.
I would say no, my application wasn’t straightforward.

5 visits to the states.
No immediate family in Canada.
Single applicant (Not sure if it’s a plus)
I ended up in Montreal QC from another province, but, my move happened before my application went into “In process” ( I changed address on ecas the day my ecas said, we have recived your application.

My eligibility period (5 year window) was falling before, I came into Canada as a PR, So I had to get PCC from my home country.

Also I applied the day I was eligible (1095 days)

But, I was aware of what I was doing, I mean, I gave them all documents so, they don’t have to go back and forth.
I well documented my entry and exits into the country and had all the stamps.

Reactions: k300k3

ski

Nov 20, 2013
I would say no, my application wasn’t straightforward.

5 visits to the states.
No immediate family in Canada.
Single applicant (Not sure if it’s a plus)
I ended up in Montreal QC from another province, but, my move happened before my application went into “In process” ( I changed address on ecas the day my ecas said, we have recived your application.

My eligibility period (5 year window) was falling before, I came into Canada as a PR, So I had to get PCC from my home country.

Also I applied the day I was eligible (1095 days)

But, I was aware of what I was doing, I mean, I gave them all documents so, they don’t have to go back and forth.
I well documented my entry and exits into the country and had all the stamps.
Great to hear that after all that you are through finally. Gives me some hope. I hope my ATIP notes has some info that will be reassuring.

Bob456

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Hi, had our tests today. 20/20 for both. Could have oath ceremony tomorrow, even saw invitations with date, time ,names, but then it turned out they did not do check ups for our daughter who is 15.... still cannot believe how it could happen, she was the same age at the time we applied....
Hi there. Can you please advice your approach studying for the test ?

leo.THOMAS

Dec 10, 2018
Hi
I Finished and passed test on March 13,March 16 decision made on file but haven’t heard anything about oath ceremony, Calgary office

Anybody on same boat ?

navi2235

Jul 17, 2015
Visa Office......
wvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-15
AOR Received.
28-11-15
IELTS Request