+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Lizelika

Feb 13, 2018
Hi, had our tests today. 20/20 for both. Could have oath ceremony tomorrow, even saw invitations with date, time ,names, but then it turned out they did not do check ups for our daughter who is 15.... still cannot believe how it could happen, she was the same age at the time we applied....

arisd

Feb 5, 2019
Don't take my words as a 100% confirmation, judging from personal experience, request for urgent processing can be approved and still take almost as long as the regular one. Based on ATIP notes, my request for urgent processing was approved and I received priority test scheduling. But in the end the whole process is going to be completed late April, giving me 11 month processing time (Montreal).
All I realized is that it is not a first come first serve basis process! I saw many October and even November applications that went into process earlier than September applications. Even understanding that the processing time varies case by case, it is not known for a particular case how long will it take to be processed before STARTING to review it. Therefore, September applications all MUST go into process before October and November ones! What they do is absolutely UNFAIR...

Last edited:
Reactions: ThaKa

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt - RPRF 06-11-14
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15
Hi admin ,
Please add me to the spreadsheet

Office : Scarbrough
Application sent : Sep 17, 2018
Application received : Sep 20, 2018
Physical presence :1825 days
AOR : Dec 3, 2018
IP: December 11, 2018
Test invite: Mar 21, 2019
Test date: April10, 2019 (passed 20/20)
Oath ceremony: April 11, 2019
Thank you.
Added - congrats!

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15
I just requested AITP notes - fingers crossed!!

RifHero

Mar 28, 2019
Yea I had a lot of travel outside Canada. But didn’t need the police clearance certificate.
Well, from what I have read on the forums - US bound travels are very likely to trigger RQs - PCC is only requested if you lived more than 180 days within the same place outside of Canada. So, if you had a lot of travels to the US that might be the reason and specially if these travels were land border crossing.

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Don't take my words as a 100% confirmation, judging from personal experience, request for urgent processing can be approved and still take almost as long as the regular one. Based on ATIP notes, my request for urgent processing was approved and I received priority test scheduling. But in the end the whole process is going to be completed late April, giving me 11 month processing time (Montreal).
Wow. I thought if urgent processing is accepted then it would take half as much time as regular processing. I guess it all comes down to various other factors then. Some people even without urgent processing got their citizenship earlier than 11 months.

ski

Nov 20, 2013
Today I will be completing 2 months since giving my test in Montreal and my ECAS is still IP and I have not heard from CIC. I have been thinking of applying for ATIP/GCMS notes. Anyone else in the Montreal group hanging in the air are applying or have applied for GCMS/ATIP notes?

canuck_sd

Nov 5, 2013
Hi,

Please update my status.

Office : Scarborough
Test invite: Mar 19
Test date: Apr 9 (passed 20/20)
Oath ceremony: April 10

I said to the officer, that i did not expect the Oath to be so soon. And the officer replied that they are trying to speed up the process.
I noticed some other people who took the test with me also got the Oath ceremony the next day.

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
All I realized is that it is not a first come first serve basis process! I saw many October and even November applications that went into process earlier than September applications. Even understanding that the processing time varies case by case, it is not known for a particular case how long will it take to be processed before STARTING to review it. Therefore, September applications all MUST go into process before October and November ones! What they do is absolutely UNFAIR...
I am not claiming that the process it fair. But it is still better and easier than in many other countries. It was frustrating to see that people who have applied later than others were processed quicker. But in the long run, this is citizenship, not pr, you won't get kicked out of the country, and sooner or later it will come

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
Wow. I thought if urgent processing is accepted then it would take half as much time as regular processing. I guess it all comes down to various other factors then. Some people even without urgent processing got their citizenship earlier than 11 months.
Yeah, I am not the luckiest person here, but it is still not too bad. I reported a lot of trips, so it could have added some time, plus Montreal is not the quickest cic office. It goes case by case, some people wait for years

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15
Hi,

Please update my status.

Office : Scarborough
Test invite: Mar 19
Test date: Apr 9 (passed 20/20)
Oath ceremony: April 10

I said to the officer, that i did not expect the Oath to be so soon. And the officer replied that they are trying to speed up the process.
I noticed some other people who took the test with me also got the Oath ceremony the next day.
Updated
Hi Admn, please update

Citizenship test April 11, 2019
Oath - April 12, 2019
Updated

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Yeah, I am not the luckiest person here, but it is still not too bad. I reported a lot of trips, so it could have added some time, plus Montreal is not the quickest cic office. It goes case by case, some people wait for years
I absolutely agree with you. I am totally OK with the procedure. They must have their reasons. At the end of the day, we can't do much anyway except for complying to what they ask to do. If someone has been stuck unfairly for a long period of time like more 2 years or so then they can probably go to court. It is not as bad for a high majority of the people.

canirish2018

Nov 30, 2018
Well, from what I have read on the forums - US bound travels are very likely to trigger RQs - PCC is only requested if you lived more than 180 days within the same place outside of Canada. So, if you had a lot of travels to the US that might be the reason and specially if these travels were land border crossing.
My husband has been requested for PCC from Rep of Ireland and we have lived in Canada since 2012, any vacation we took was not longer than 5 weeks. So Im not sure how true this statement is?

RifHero

Mar 28, 2019
My husband has been requested for PCC from Rep of Ireland and we have lived in Canada since 2012, any vacation we took was not longer than 5 weeks. So Im not sure how true this statement is?
These are the case examples from the cic website to provide or not the PCC
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step2

Example 1 - You lived in France for one year (365 days) before you became a permanent resident 3 years ago. You did not travel to France after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France if you did not provide one with your immigration application. If you provided a police certificate from France with your immigration application, tell us this in the box provided at Question 10b.

Example 2 - You became a permanent resident three years and nine months ago. In the past 4 years, you lived in Brazil for 3 months (90 days) before you became a permanent resident and you returned to Brazil to visit family for 4 months (120 days) after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide a police certificate from Brazil because you did not spend 183 days or more in a row in Brazil.

Example 3 - In the past 4 years, you took 10 trips to the United States of America (USA). Each trip lasted 3 weeks, for a total of 210 days. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide a police certificate from the USA because you did not spend 183 days or more in a row in the USA.

Example 4 - In the past 4 years, you travelled to Singapore four times for work. The first trip was for 30 days; the second trip was for 200 days; the third trip was for 60 days; and the fourth trip was for 120 days. While in Singapore, you took a trip to Malaysia (10 days) and Thailand (10 days). You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from Singapore because your second trip was more than 183 days in a row. You would not need to provide police certificates from Malaysia or Thailand.

Example 5 - In the past 4 years, you took one (1) trip to Europe where you visited Portugal (5 days), Spain (7 days), France (10 days), Belgium (3 days), Netherlands (3 days), Germany (21 days), Switzerland (7 days) and Italy (21 days). You took a second trip to Europe where you visited Ireland (14 days), Scotland (14 days) and England (21 days). You went to Germany for a business trip that lasted 60 days. The total time you were outside of Canada was 186 days but you were not in a single country for 183 days or more in a row. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide police certificates from any of the countries.