+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

frange

May 25, 2018
what is the best way to prepare for the test:

1. reading the book few times "discover Canada"

OR

2. just practise a lot of all the test available online like apnatoronto.ca
I would say both.... Read the book twice then online quizzes...
Making online quizzes was Ok for me since they helped me to understand easily some tricky questions.

manhunter

Jan 10, 2019
what is the best way to prepare for the test:

1. reading the book few times "discover Canada"

OR

2. just practise a lot of all the test available online like apnatoronto.ca
Or try out the audio guide. Its my favourite. Easy listening and a better way to passively soak up information.
Everything you need is in the guide. For those of us that take long public transit commutes to work, its an ideal way to spend bus time with the audio playing on headphones. The audio guide is about 2 1/2 hours, removing the references at the end.
It is 155MB in size. Can be downloaded at https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/department/media/multimedia/audio/discover/discover-canada.mp3
You should try it

Vico63

Nov 30, 2018
Mine status just turned to DM after 2 days of test. It is moving quick in Calgary.

Thank you for the Admin and others helpful information from this website.

Hope everyone has good news soon.

gw_can

Feb 23, 2019
Hi everyone, I just found this thread.

Super useful! thanks for compiling all the info.

My application was received on September 17, 2018
They send me the message that they received it on December 3, 2018.
Started processing on December 10, 2018
Received notice to take the test on February 22, 2019
Test date is March 26, 2019

Im applying from Vancouver and I had 1098 days.

gw_can

Feb 23, 2019
I had one question, on the letter to take the test it says we need to bring all the documents we sent with the application. Does that include pictures and the filled form? or only the language documents?

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Just checked my ECAS now since my exam I did not now when I received the Decision Made.. But it only says Decision Made no update on the line when I click DM

Ally81

Jul 2, 2014
Hey guys, I have a decision made status for me and my wife after test and interview but it still shows “in process” for kids (minors). Is it normal? I would request for the experienced guys input.

frange

May 25, 2018
Hey guys, I have a decision made status for me and my wife after test and interview but it still shows “in process” for kids (minors). Is it normal? I would request for the experienced guys input.
Children are dependents, nothing required from them except ID.
No worries since it's always like that for kids.

Reactions: Ally81

guptaa

Dec 2, 2014
India
Or try out the audio guide. Its my favourite. Easy listening and a better way to passively soak up information.
Everything you need is in the guide. For those of us that take long public transit commutes to work, its an ideal way to spend bus time with the audio playing on headphones. The audio guide is about 2 1/2 hours, removing the references at the end.
It is 155MB in size. Can be downloaded at https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/department/media/multimedia/audio/discover/discover-canada.mp3
You should try it
I liked the idea dear. thanks!

Reactions: manhunter

LH2019

Feb 11, 2019
Hi,
Congratulations on the test invite. To answer your questions:
1. The pass mark is 15 out of 20.
2. If you score less than that, you will be invited to take another test within 4 to 8 weeks after the first test. If you still fail that one, you will then be invited to an interview with a citizenship officer, where your knowledge is tested.
3. It is an interview. First, your test invite tells you to bring your identity documents and all passports. Then, also think about your circumstances personally. Is there something peculiar about your own situation? For example, if you frequently visit the USA on day trips (eg as a cross-border worker), and you have this long list of daily absences, you might want to bring supporting documentation for that. Your present work is another thing you should have evidence for, in case you're asked.
From my research, for most people, the interview is just to look at the originals of the photocopies you submitted with your application.
remember to bring along the identity documents for your spouse/common-law partner and kids, (whether they are in Canada or not).
Hope this helps.
Hi,

A question about the originals to bring to interview. We have submitted application as a family of 3 ( one parent and two kids). I am the one (parent) received invite letter to the written test and interview, and the invite letter only requests original documents from me but not my kids. Do I still need to bring original documents of my kids? The problem is one of my kids is studying overseas (not in Canada), the originals (passport, PR card, identity card, birth certificate, etc.) are all with her. There is a risk of loss to send her originals over to me.

Last edited:

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi,

A question about the originals to bring to interview. We have submitted application as a family of 3 ( one parent and two kids). I am the one (parent) received invite letter to the written test and interview, and the invite letter only requests original documents from me but not my kids. Do I still need to bring original documents of my kids? The problem is one of my kids is studying overseas (not in Canada), the originals (passport, PR card, identity card, birth certificate, etc.) are all with her. There is a risk of loss to send her originals over to me.
In order to be on the safe side, I would bring every original copy that I have sent to IRCC, either for me or my son. You never know how zealous will be the officer.
That's my point.

manhunter

Jan 10, 2019
Hi,

Hello,
I don't really know how that will work out, I guess other people with kids should share their experience.
However, the interviewer is human, who can be reasoned with. As a rule of thumb, I would go to an interview with everything that supports my application.
1. What evidence do you have that your minor kid is in school overseas? Admission documents? T2202As? Tuition receipts? etc
2. Is there a photocopy of a passport page that shows a previous but recent visa, entry or exit stamp to her "country of schooling"? Was that photocopy sent with the application? Do you have a copy of that also?
3. In your dependant application package, did you specify that you had a minor schooling overseas?
Any evidence at all that you have, picture you took with her in uniform, email she sent to you from school...anything will only corroborate your story.
What about her Provincial Health card, is that not with you? You must take that along if it is.
I don't think you should ask her to send the documents, seeing that the letter did not ask for them.
This is just my opinion......I think people who have kids and have gone for the interview should also reply and advise according to their experience.

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt - RPRF 06-11-14
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15
I passed my test today 20/20.
Spouse also passed 19/20.
Edmonton applicant. Please update.

I didn't know I was suppose to go with my children's means of identification by the interviewer was nice to let it pass. So guys, if you have kids, please don't forget to go with their means of ID.

I wish those awaiting to write the test best of luck.
Updated - congrats!

I lost login info so created a new one.
I received test invitation a few days ago. It is unexpectedly faster based on what people say about Vancouver area.

Application Sent: Sep 6, 2018
Application received: September 10, 2018
App type: Single
Physical Presence day: 1111
AOR: Nov 26, 2018
IP: Dec 3, 2018
Test: March 20, 2019
Oath: Pending
What was your old ID - are you already on the sheet?