+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Fran16

Oct 4, 2018
Thanks. Yes exactly and it’s bit frustrating too as you have no idea. Even I am single applicant but yeah I have travelled like a dozen times. I think may be sometimes they mix up certain applications so our application came at the end of some pile or so.
Point is that AOR should just be when they open the application and they just check that there’s everything right? So if it’s a straightforward or complicated application shouldn’t influence when we get AOR.
Anyway in my case I don’t know if it’s a coincidence but since I was worried I contacted them by web form six days ago and today I got AOR (not yet a reply to my inquiry though). I’m not sure if that kind of moved things like they realized my application was behind who knows where... but it’s probably just a coincidence.
I hope that now they’ll move it faster to get in track with the general timeline, although I’m pretty sure they don’t care... but hey, let’s hope =D

Bob456

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Point is that AOR should just be when they open the application and they just check that there’s everything right? So if it’s a straightforward or complicated application shouldn’t influence when we get AOR.
Anyway in my case I don’t know if it’s a coincidence but since I was worried I contacted them by web form six days ago and today I got AOR (not yet a reply to my inquiry though). I’m not sure if that kind of moved things like they realized my application was behind who knows where... but it’s probably just a coincidence.
I hope that now they’ll move it faster to get in track with the general timeline, although I’m pretty sure they don’t care... but hey, let’s hope =D
You are right my friend and let’s hope for the best

Reactions: Fran16

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi guys,
A question: is it possible to travel outside Canada for about 3 months after the Application has been sent? The travel would probably be around this summer and being that I would need to book the flight earlier and that we can’t predict the the application processing time, I won’t be able to know beforehand at what step my application will be in the timeframe I’m out of Canada. I live in Vancouver and I received AOR today, after 4 months and 10 days of my application was received at their address, so a good amount of time has already passed just to get the AOR, not sure if this can mean anything in the processing time.
A friend told me that if the date for the test or for the oath is set when I’m still out of Country I can contact them and show them my ticket flight and they will just move the test/oath date when I’ll be back.
Do you have any experience or advice?
Thank you!
Congratulations on your long awaited AOR! You have to inform CIC if you are travelling outside Canada for more than 2 weeks.

Check "Asking questions about your application" section on the page below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html

jig

Jan 25, 2015
Hello Admin Please update spreadsheet
Line #21
Test Invite: Jan 23, 2019
Test /Interview Date: Feb 22, 2019
Office : Edmonton

Updated on ecas
Still waiting for official confirmation

Thanks

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt - RPRF 06-11-14
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15
Consider I received AOR today (Jan 23) and my application was received on Sept 13. Over four months to receive it!
Updated

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15
Thanks for helping, when were your fingerprints done. Good luck.
My FP were done on Jan 8th so fast processing by RCMP. I wish we could say the same for CIC!

Reactions: navi2235

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15
I got my test invite today. Test data is Feb 11.
Updated
finnaly received AOR on Jan 23rd. four month + 3 days since application was received
Updated
Line #21

Updated on ecas

Thanks
Updated

manhunter

Jan 10, 2019
Line #21

Updated on ecas

Thanks
Did you get an ecas update for the test? I didn't, just got an email. Please, can other people with test invite confirm if they had only email, or also an ecas update? Thanks

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
FINALLY after 4 months and 10 days I received AOR email!
Following my details, please update:
Congratulations
Application Sent: Sept 10 2018
Application received: Sept 13 2018
App type: Single
Physical Presence day: 1186
AOR: Jan 23, 2019
IP: Pending
Test: Pending
Oath: Pending

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
Hey folks

I have received test invitation. Test date Feb 19th. Please update. In the spreadsheet, I am on Sept applicant sheet, row 33. Thank you.

A little worried as due to busy schedule didn't read anything yet. If someone can help about how tests goes on (generally) and when to reach place (30 min early ecct), will be helpful. They have asked for all original copies of documents submitted to bring at test centre. Do they check each?

Good luck to all others as we are in the same waiting boat.
Congratulations