+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 - Citizenship Applicants

Ally81

Jul 2, 2014
Hey folks

I have received test invitation. Test date Feb 19th. Please update. In the spreadsheet, I am on Sept applicant sheet, row 33. Thank you.

A little worried as due to busy schedule didn't read anything yet. If someone can help about how tests goes on (generally) and when to reach place (30 min early ecct), will be helpful. They have asked for all original copies of documents submitted to bring at test centre. Do they check each?

Good luck to all others as we are in the same waiting boat.

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
16-09-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt - RPRF 06-11-14
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 26-01-15
LANDED..........
01-02-15
Hey folks

I have received test invitation. Test date Feb 19th. Please update. In the spreadsheet, I am on Sept applicant sheet, row 33. Thank you.

A little worried as due to busy schedule didn't read anything yet. If someone can help about how tests goes on (generally) and when to reach place (30 min early ecct), will be helpful. They have asked for all original copies of documents submitted to bring at test centre. Do they check each?

Good luck to all others as we are in the same waiting boat.
Congrats! Updated

Reactions: Ally81

Fran16

Oct 4, 2018
FINALLY after 4 months and 10 days I received AOR email!
Following my details, please update:

Application Sent: Sept 10 2018
Application received: Sept 13 2018
App type: Single
Physical Presence day: 1186
AOR: Jan 23, 2019
IP: Pending
Test: Pending
Oath: Pending

Bob456

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Consider I received AOR today (Jan 23) and my application was received on Sept 13. Over four months to receive it!
Wow. But congrats. Even my application was received by CIC on October 1st, 2018 and no updates AOR or email or mail or ecas status. I am wondering why would they take this much time like 4 months for some applications. Any idea?

Fran16

Oct 4, 2018
Hi guys,
A question: is it possible to travel outside Canada for about 3 months after the Application has been sent? The travel would probably be around this summer and being that I would need to book the flight earlier and that we can’t predict the the application processing time, I won’t be able to know beforehand at what step my application will be in the timeframe I’m out of Canada. I live in Vancouver and I received AOR today, after 4 months and 10 days of my application was received at their address, so a good amount of time has already passed just to get the AOR, not sure if this can mean anything in the processing time.
A friend told me that if the date for the test or for the oath is set when I’m still out of Country I can contact them and show them my ticket flight and they will just move the test/oath date when I’ll be back.
Do you have any experience or advice?
Thank you!

Fran16

Oct 4, 2018
I am wondering why would they take this much time like 4 months for some applications. Any idea?
No idea... sounds a bit “unfair” but there’s nothing we can do. My case shouldn’t even be complicated, single application, just went out of Country twice in vacation to my family in Europe and not for too long... I don’t know really.
But wish you luck too!

navi2235

Jul 17, 2015
Visa Office......
wvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-15
AOR Received.
28-11-15
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
13-05-15
Med's Done....
22-05-15
Interview........
None,Probably Waived
Passport Req..
DM 26-08-2015 PPR Eagerly Waiting
I just emailed RCMP - they confirmed my results were sent to Vancouver on Jan 10th you can email them at CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca including your full name, date of birth and DCN (document control number).
Thanks for helping, when were your fingerprints done. Good luck.

ninja90

Jun 8, 2018
Hi guys,
A question: is it possible to travel outside Canada for about 3 months after the Application has been sent? The travel would probably be around this summer and being that I would need to book the flight earlier and that we can’t predict the the application processing time, I won’t be able to know beforehand at what step my application will be in the timeframe I’m out of Canada. I live in Vancouver and I received AOR today, after 4 months and 10 days of my application was received at their address, so a good amount of time has already passed just to get the AOR, not sure if this can mean anything in the processing time.
A friend told me that if the date for the test or for the oath is set when I’m still out of Country I can contact them and show them my ticket flight and they will just move the test/oath date when I’ll be back.
Do you have any experience or advice?
Thank you!
You can definitely travel. Just inform CIC abt your travel plans n dates, and they will schedule your test and interview accordingly. I called CIC and thats what they recommended to do to avoid rescheduling n delaying the process. Hope that helps. Cheers!

Reactions: Fran16

Bob456

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
No idea... sounds a bit “unfair” but there’s nothing we can do. My case shouldn’t even be complicated, single application, just went out of Country twice in vacation to my family in Europe and not for too long... I don’t know really.
But wish you luck too!
Thanks. Yes exactly and it’s bit frustrating too as you have no idea. Even I am single applicant but yeah I have travelled like a dozen times. I think may be sometimes they mix up certain applications so our application came at the end of some pile or so.

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
You can definitely travel. Just inform CIC abt your travel plans n dates, and they will schedule your test and interview accordingly. I called CIC and thats what they recommended to do to avoid rescheduling n delaying the process. Hope that helps. Cheers!