26-08-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 04-02-2013, PPR-2 11-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
o

one quick question the person who called to check status is he primary applicant .....
Yes I am the primary applicant. I did not call to check but send web form

arisd

Feb 5, 2019
Hi
One year has passed after receipt of my application in CIC but I have not received my test invite. . So I contacted then but received following reply. Is this a normal reply and how would I know whats happening?

"We verified the information you provided regarding the status of your citizenship application and have forwarded to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application"
This is a generic email that they send to everyone. It is the local office that is responsible to send you the test invite and they do so depending on the available spot they have. The call center does not have any information about your application and why it is taking long. I am in the same boat. My processing time has passed a full year but have not heard anything about the test. I called them yesterday and they say : 12 month is only an AVERAGE processing time, so it may take longer than that depending on your case. They told me that they sent an email to my local office and asked that what is stopping them from sending me the test invite but they said that they have 30 days at the local office to respond to their email and if i dont hear anything till the end of october, I should call them back.

Last edited:

plikhi

Star Member
May 5, 2014
This is a generic email that they send to everyone. It is the local office that is responsible to send you the test invite and they do so depending on the available spot they have. The call center does not have any information about your application and why it is taking long. I am in the same boat. My processing time has passed a full year but have not heard anything about the test. I called them yesterday and they say : 12 month is only an AVERAGE processing time, so it may take longer than that depending on your case. They told me that they sent an email to my local office and asked that what is stopping them from sending me the test invite but they said that they have 30 days at the local office to respond to their email and if i dont here anything till the end of october, I should call them back.
till 13th September they gave invite to many folks after that they stopped sending invite. what date your file was received.

AK171

Apr 6, 2017
Victoria
App. Filed.......
07-09-2018
I passed my exam today 20/20 - Interview was simple - very straight forward - I was well prepared for the questions - explained everything in details and lady seems very satisfied. I have been told that there is no issue with my application and they asked me to choose the date and time of Oath for the month of November. One last step to go.

Reactions: mooer and GraceCan

meanne

Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
10-08-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2010
Med's Request
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2012
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
July 2013
Please update my details:
Test invite: Sept 06, 2019
Test date: Sept 24, 2019
Passed 20/20

Waiting for oath

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: mooer

nish.pn

Apr 27, 2014
Hi, I am a Sept 2018 applicant with following dates:

Application Sent: Sep 07, 2018
Application Received: Sep 10, 2018
AOR: Nov 23, 2018
Started Processing: Dec 31, 2018
Test Letter Invite: Awaiting...

I called up the Call Center and they informed me that everything was OK with my file and its just waiting in queue for a Test Date.
Also, I was informed that initialy my application was with Mississauga Office and was moved to Scarborough Office on 12th Aug 2019 for work load sharing.

I think some other people on this forum also got the same information about file moving to Scarborough Office. Is that correct?
Also, does this mean that the files that were transfered from Mississauga to Scarborough take a place at the bottom of the pile under the files of direct Scarborough applicants?

Does election affect the citizenship grant process in anyway?

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
Hi, I am a Sept 2018 applicant with following dates:

Application Sent: Sep 07, 2018
Application Received: Sep 10, 2018
AOR: Nov 23, 2018
Started Processing: Dec 31, 2018
Test Letter Invite: Awaiting...

I called up the Call Center and they informed me that everything was OK with my file and its just waiting in queue for a Test Date.
Also, I was informed that initialy my application was with Mississauga Office and was moved to Scarborough Office on 12th Aug 2019 for work load sharing.

I think some other people on this forum also got the same information about file moving to Scarborough Office. Is that correct?
Also, does this mean that the files that were transfered from Mississauga to Scarborough take a place at the bottom of the pile under the files of direct Scarborough applicants?

Does election affect the citizenship grant process in anyway?
I think some other people on this forum also got the same information about file moving to Scarborough Office. Is that correct? Yes, right
Also, does this mean that the files that were transfered from Mississauga to Scarborough take a place at the bottom of the pile under the files of direct Scarborough applicants? Don't know..

Does election affect the citizenship grant process in anyway? Unpredictable. Even, if it does, it shouldn't be affecting the applications that was already submitted.

nish.pn

Apr 27, 2014
I think some other people on this forum also got the same information about file moving to Scarborough Office. Is that correct? Yes, right
Also, does this mean that the files that were transfered from Mississauga to Scarborough take a place at the bottom of the pile under the files of direct Scarborough applicants? Don't know..

Does election affect the citizenship grant process in anyway? Unpredictable. Even, if it does, it shouldn't be affecting the applications that was already submitted.

Thanks for the reply.
Is there anybody out there whose file was transferred to Scarborough and recieved a test invite recently after the transfer?

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Thanks for the reply.
Is there anybody out there whose file was transferred to Scarborough and recieved a test invite recently after the transfer?
Yes, there are several members for whom the file was transferred to Scarborough from Mississauga office.

canved1

Dec 19, 2018
Thanks !! can someone please guide me if I can take my kids with me - They will sit in waiting area and will be supervised by my mother. for some reasons, I want to take them with me - please let me know if this is possible or not?
Hi,

Yes, you can take kids with you. You just need someone to supervise them.

mooer

Mar 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-03-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
11-09-2014