+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

0ntarian

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Did our test and interviews at Mississauga on September 11, 2018 and waiting for decision made.

Received test invite on August 27. Please update my profile.

September 2017 applicants at Mississauga.
ECAS status changed to decision made toady.
What is next stage or how long it takes for oath

hyecute

Aug 11, 2016
Hello guys
I have applied citizenship end of the sept 2017 and still showing in process. I called today talked with CIC person and she mentioned that call after 12 months as there is still some days are left.
She mentioned that there is something internal process and they can make note after 12 months passed. I do not know what is this all about as I have applied after 4 years time.

She mentioned ur file is in mississauga office.
If any one has same experience please advise or share

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Still no change, tomorrow is anniversary of date application received (September 27, 2017). Last time we called the call centre, they said we should wait until the 28th to call - is that right? It seems like September 27, 2018 should be the date when processing exceeded 12 months (take January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017, that's a full 12 months, and January 1, 2018 would be start of 13th month, so anniversary date should be start of 13th month).

Also called MP's office to find out what they need for us to make an inquiry through them. They said it usually takes a few days for them to get a response from CIC.

No sign of any issue or problem in the file - it just looks like they just stopped processing it. ATIP notes show criminality check passed, exam and interview results are missing (she passed them on April 10, 2018), no prohibitions check done.

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Still no change, tomorrow is anniversary of date application received (September 27, 2017). Last time we called the call centre, they said we should wait until the 28th to call - is that right? It seems like September 27, 2018 should be the date when processing exceeded 12 months (take January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017, that's a full 12 months, and January 1, 2018 would be start of 13th month, so anniversary date should be start of 13th month).

Also called MP's office to find out what they need for us to make an inquiry through them. They said it usually takes a few days for them to get a response from CIC.

No sign of any issue or problem in the file - it just looks like they just stopped processing it. ATIP notes show criminality check passed, exam and interview results are missing (she passed them on April 10, 2018), no prohibitions check done.
I passed almost thirteen month and half since I applied. Almost 8 month since I passed the test. Still in process . I call them the guys told me prohibitions it is not done yet .

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Ok, 12 months have passed, so:

Sent email to MP's office this morning before work. He called my wife 10 minutes ago to let her know that he called Ottawa's main CIC office, they reviewed her file, and they couldn't determine why they had stopped working on her file in April. He said CIC has one week to investigate and get back to him.

We also called CIC first thing and by chance got the same agent we talked to on September 12, who had sent an internal inquiry to find out why they hadn't saved exam and interview results. She said there had been no response or update since then. Very nice woman, seemed competent, but wasn't able to help much.

We also filed an online complaint about this on the CIC website.

And finally, we sent a snail mail letter to the Montreal office asking them to record the results of her exam and interview and proceed with processing of the application.

And we also sent another ATIP request.

So, I'm sure all that is contributing to the efficient working of CIC, but there's no excuse for just dropping the processing of an application for no reason.

Our next step is to find out who senior management is at the Montreal office. Anyone know where we can find the name of the director of the Montreal citizenship office so we can send that person a letter, too?

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Finally the process is over, The whole process took 1 year. which is a lot more than my maximum expectation.

below is the time line

Application received : 19th Sept
AOR - 23rd Oct
IP - 17th Nov
Test Invite - 22 Jul 2018
Test Date - 15 Aug 2018
Oath letter - 31st Aug 2018
Oath date - 24th Sept 2018

Thank you everyone on the forum