Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
This is very long....your off is Edmonton ? When did you spoke to CIC agent last time and what exactly agent replied ?
My office is Scarborough.The agent said everything is done and I am just waiting for Oath Invite he also said processing is 12 months but he is sure I will get invite before but he has no information on when.

lawgrrl

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Nanaimo, B.C.
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
11-14-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-22-2013
Oh, Canada! A new Canadian citizen as of Friday, 6 April 2018. Ceremony in Vancouver with 72 other applicants. Processing for the final check of paperwork began at 10:00 am with the ceremony ending at 11:15. Thank you all for your help and support!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Oh, Canada! A new Canadian citizen as of Friday, 6 April 2018. Ceremony in Vancouver with 72 other applicants. Processing for the final check of paperwork began at 10:00 am with the ceremony ending at 11:15. Thank you all for your help and support!
Congratulations!

0ntarian

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Congrats & thanks!
Keep in touch

STalph

Aug 15, 2017
Same thing with me I called and talked to a wonderful man and he said everything is good to go I am only waiting for Oath Invite he said it’s a 12 months process but I should get Oath Invite way before that.fingers crossed and hope for the best.
Same thing happened to me...there was a very polite agent who told me about 12 months waiting period of time and just wait for the oath invite. Meanwhile, after that converation or because by accident I was changing my address 5 times for the same address as my ecas was requiring me or lagged, my status turned back to in process for another week. Then it switched again to decision made. Almost 3 months and 3 weeks no news aboout oath.

New_Citizen

Sep 19, 2017
Hello everyone!

I am happy to announce that i have just received the notice to be invited to my Canadian Citizenship Ceremony!

The ceremony will be held on April 25th 2018 in Québec City.

Can you update the spreadsheet please?

Thank you.

Good luck to people that are still waiting.

Reactions: lawgrrl

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone!

I am happy to announce that i have just received the notice to be invited to my Canadian Citizenship Ceremony!

The ceremony will be held on April 25th 2018 in Québec City.

Can you update the spreadsheet please?

Thank you.

Good luck to people that are still waiting.
Updated. Congrats!!

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
HI everyone,
My husband wrote his test and passed on April 5th. however, his agent said his background checks are not still complete and they are working on it. I mean seriously! we waited from november to april for our test, and it is still not complete? Just a file from customs and another from cra, how long could it really take...
pffff... his ecas still shows in process, so hopefully they will finish the background checks soon and his status will change to dm.

i want to travel this summer! come on already. :(

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
HI everyone,
My husband wrote his test and passed on April 5th. however, his agent said his background checks are not still complete and they are working on it. I mean seriously! we waited from november to april for our test, and it is still not complete? Just a file from customs and another from cra, how long could it really take...
pffff... his ecas still shows in process, so hopefully they will finish the background checks soon and his status will change to dm.

i want to travel this summer! come on already. :(
Background checks are quite complicated and run by agencies other than IRCC. Like CSIS and RCMP.

Perhaps, you should give this a read:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

architectcarioca

Sep 21, 2010
We have almost the same timeline, although after interview on Jan 11 they never contacted me again. Can’t wait! :)