+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

salutcemoi

Feb 27, 2018
I am from Mississauga, test done on march 7th, passed 20/20, DM since March 8th, still waiting for oath. Most of the Mississauga people get oath within 1 to 2 weeks, but for me it is 4 weeks now. As per the sheet, many people have got the oath letter same day as test date.. I hope there is nothing wrong with my file. Though citizenship officer told me that everything is good and he is approving my case. Should I contact the call center at this moment or should I wait ?
It's very inconsistent, so don't worry

I have some co-workers who passed the test test after me and they got their DM's only 2 days later

I just got my DM today; I passed my exam 2.5 months ago
(the citizenship agent told me the next step would be the oath)

So don't worry and be patient

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Just to clarify, your application was processed in Mississauga, but you received an invite to appear for the test in Scarborough? Because I remember you mentioning that as per your GCMS notes, the application was in Mississauga.
Yes, the GCMS notes indicated Mississauga. The test invite was for Scarborough. Don't feel like ordering more GCMS notes to see what happened, just glad it is finally progressing! :)

-A.

Reactions: JB0405

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Yes, the GCMS notes indicated Mississauga. The test invite was for Scarborough. Don't feel like ordering more GCMS notes to see what happened, just glad it is finally progressing! :)

-A.
Thanks, A. I live in North York but my application is processed in Mississauga. I got this information when I called IRCC. My Application is in 'In Progress' since October 25th and It was sent to Mississauga on December 2nd. No FP Requests either. Fingers crossed. Good luck with your test!

macmendoza88

Apr 4, 2018
Hi All,

September applicant here. Reading most of the status was very helpful. Please see below for my timeline. We are family of 5. Edmonton

App. Received : 20 September 2017,
AOR : 20 October 2017,
IP Oct 27, 2017,
Test Date: Jan 16, 2018, (Invitation letter 27 Dec 2017)
DM: Jan 17, 2018
Oath : Waiting

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
I like to ask one question. If children are also included in the application ,Is cic asking to bring children for interview or anything. If not what is the procedure to give their certificate. Is it during my oath ceremony. or would they take pr's before. Any experiences regarding this. Children are minor

macmendoza88

Apr 4, 2018
I like to ask one question. If children are also included in the application ,Is cic asking to bring children for interview or anything. If not what is the procedure to give their certificate. Is it during my oath ceremony. or would they take pr's before. Any experiences regarding this. Children are minor
Yes Ramkris all of them are included in the application. You don't need to bring the kids during the test exam and interview as for the new bill-6 children below 18 doesn't need to take the exam.
You can bring the kids on the oath taking ceremony.

Slavo

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
is there anyone got finger print request from mississauga office where the address that you have to send that document to it ?

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Yes Ramkris all of them are included in the application. You don't need to bring the kids during the test exam and interview as for the new bill-6 children below 18 doesn't need to take the exam.
You can bring the kids on the oath taking ceremony.
Thanks but I like to know when their certificates are issued during oath or even before that. should i need to submit their pr before oath

macmendoza88

Apr 4, 2018

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Called today to find status. Agent told me that oath scheduling process is started on my file. But he did not mentioned by when i should get oath invite ( He mentioned it can be any time ). This is first time i got different answer. Seems i should get email today or next week if i am not wrongly analyzing his reply.

I called previously twice both time they gave me stand. answer that my file is complete and it just i have to wait for oath invite from Edmonton office.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Called today to find status. Agent told me that oath scheduling process is started on my file. But he did not mentioned by when i should get oath invite ( He mentioned it can be any time ). This is first time i got different answer. Seems i should get email today or next week if i am not wrongly analyzing his reply.

I called previously twice both time they gave me stand. answer that my file is complete and it just i have to wait for oath invite from Edmonton office.
Same thing with me I called and talked to a wonderful man and he said everything is good to go I am only waiting for Oath Invite he said it’s a 12 months process but I should get Oath Invite way before that.fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Reactions: STalph

Slavo

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
is there anyone got finger print request from mississauga office where the address that you have to send that document to it ?

majorsaab

Sep 19, 2017
Did you get FP request before test or after test, what is the status of your application? The address must be written on the letter you have received.

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
When did got DM on ur ecas?
Same thing with me I called and talked to a wonderful man and he said everything is good to go I am only waiting for Oath Invite he said it’s a 12 months process but I should get Oath Invite way before that.fingers crossed and hope for the best.