+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

alex.parish

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi everyone!

I have done my test this morning. I got 20/20.
I read the book for 2 weeks and just did 2 free quizz on the net to see how it looks like, but seriously, all you need is to carefully read the book, everything is well explained in it.
The interview went well. It lasted 5 minutes long maximum. He looks after my passports, my PR and ID card.
He asked few questions about family, job and since how long i live in Canada.
He said that i should received the oath invitation in few month.
Now all I have to do is to wait.
Everything lasted 2 hours aproximatively.

Good luck for people who still waiting!
---------------------------
Congrats..

lala-147

Feb 6, 2018
I applied in Sept , my application has been sitting IP since Nov 2 , last week most people from Fort McMurray got their tests and ceremonies, even those who applied on Oct and Nov. I'm not sure why I wasn't part of that group. I'm just getting a little discouraged and worried. Does anyone know what number I can call to follow up or to talk to someone who can tell me about my application ?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
I applied in Sept , my application has been sitting IP since Nov 2 , last week most people from Fort McMurray got their tests and ceremonies, even those who applied on Oct and Nov. I'm not sure why I wasn't part of that group. I'm just getting a little discouraged and worried. Does anyone know what number I can call to follow up or to talk to someone who can tell me about my application ?
You can call the general IRCC number, and you may (after some time on hold) talk to someone, who is not the person making the decisions about your file but rather a call center agent. They may be able to tell you something about the state of your application. Be aware that often the only thing they can tell you is that your file is in progress, and to be patient.

Some people have contacted their MP, who would then contact IRCC to find out what's going on. Sometimes the answer is pretty much the same ("be patient, it's not been 12 months yet") and sometimes a bit more concrete information is offered.

atanu4ever

Sep 28, 2017
An update from my end for all associates living in Brampton and waiting for the next steps:

After an excruciatingly long wait, I called up IRCC call centre today. The representative mentioned that there is no issue with the application and the background verification has been completed. However, there’s no date available for the test, and hence the delay. The request may arrive any moment. Brampton has high volume of cases.

Being a resident here, I can imagine why!

Fingered crossed, hope this long wait ends. Brapntonians, hang on!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
On March 20 my wife got an online notice that her test date will be April 10. Please update the spreadsheet!

Sanju1986

Nov 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Spouse.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th March 2013
AOR Received.
17th April 2013
File Transfer...
17th April 2013
Med's Done....
17th Feb 2013
Interview........
Waived (As per GCMS Notes)
Passport Req..
28th May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP Since 8th Nov / DM 18th nov/ PP back - 22nd Nov !!Rehmat teri mehnat Meri Sachey Paatshah !!!
LANDED..........
hopefully soon !!!Rehmat teri mehnat Meri Sachey Paatshah !!
Hello
I just have a question, I got Decision Made on my ECas yesterday. I live in Vancouver, so my Visa office is in Vancouver
Just wondering, how will I get the Oath Letter? is it usually via email or mail?
I got my AOR and Test invite via email.

Also, do they update Ecas when they send the Oath Letter???

Thanks in advance.

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Oath via email also...yes ecas will be updated

Hello
I just have a question, I got Decision Made on my ECas yesterday. I live in Vancouver, so my Visa office is in Vancouver
Just wondering, how will I get the Oath Letter? is it usually via email or mail?

Thanks in advance.

lawgrrl

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Nanaimo, B.C.
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
11-14-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-22-2013
Hello

Thanks in advance.
I'm also in the Vancouver office (Nanaimo, Vancouver Island). Got my oath invite via email, but ECas took a couple of days to update.

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
I passed the test on Feb 28 (20/20) and did the interview the same day. My office is in SK. So far my ecase still in process and some folks did the test later than me already got DM.
1. Is it normal in my case?
2. Is it possible to get oath invitation before DM? OR I have to get DM first then possible to get oath invitation?

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
I passed the test on Feb 28 (20/20) and did the interview the same day. My office is in SK. So far my ecase still in process and some folks did the test later than me already got DM.
1. Is it normal in my case?
2. Is it possible to get oath invitation before DM? OR I have to get DM first then possible to get oath invitation?
Yes it is normal. This means your security clearances not completed yet. I got DM after 2.5 months of the test.
DM should be always before the oath invite

Reactions: razerblade