+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Me and my wife passed the test on 15 Feb 2018, very next day, ECAS changed the status to DM. However we had a family application of 3 and in my daughter's application status is still IP. Is it same for others or when will my daughters status will change to DM? How long we have to wait for oath date?
If your daughter is a minor, then that is what other people have seen as well. Parent(s) status changes to DM, the children remain in IP. This seems to be normal.

raygx

Aug 26, 2011
Me and my wife passed the test on 15 Feb 2018, very next day, ECAS changed the status to DM. However we had a family application of 3 and in my daughter's application status is still IP. Is it same for others or when will my daughters status will change to DM? How long we have to wait for oath date?
It will change when you get the Oath letter

Trac77

Oct 25, 2017
Just got back from my test. Got a perfect score 20-20 (in French).
Preparation: I read the book upon receiving test invite. I did a couple of online tests from time to time and read the book for the second time the day before the test.
Interview: Officer checked all originals ans ids. She did match passports stamps with reported dates on the calculator form.
She asked a few routine questions about family, job, education and so on.
She said everything looked good and I should receive oath invite in a couple of months when they come back to Quebec City.
Duration: All in all 2 hours. (I was one of the first to finish the test).

Last edited:

alex.parish

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Preparation: I read the book upon receiving test invite. I did a couple of online tests from time to time and read the book for the second time the day before the test.
Interview: Officer check all originals ans ids. Sh edid match passports stamps with reported dates on the calculator form.
She asked a few routine questions about family, job, education ans so on.
She said everything looked good and I should receive oath invite in a couple of months when they come back to Quebec City.
----------------------------------

COngratulations..

salutcemoi

Feb 27, 2018
Interview: Officer checked all originals ans ids. She did match passports stamps with reported dates on the calculator form.
She asked a few routine questions about family, job, education and so on.
Congrats

What did she mean by "when they come back to Quebec City"

salutcemoi

Feb 27, 2018
I asked him about when the oath should be. He told me that still couple of checks are still in process (he specifies RCMP and CSIS) and when they are done, they will book me for oath. After that I waited 2.5 months until I get Decision Made.
Thanks

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Congrats

What did she mean by "when they come back to Quebec City"
There is no IRCC office in Quebec City, so every so often IRCC sends a team to the city to do citizenship tests and ceremonies. (In some locations they'll do tests and ceremonies back to back, so passing the test and interview means you'll be invited for the ceremony that afternoon or the next day. In other locations they'll do tests one visit, and then the ceremony on their next visit. That latter approach seems to be how Quebec City is set up.)

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-temporary-offices.html for a listing of locations that are served that way.

medoo

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
My dad passed away so I have to travel to my back home as soon as possible. I did the test on January 25, still IP till today my question can I email CIC to ask for Oath letter and quick process for this reason?
Thanks

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Passed test yesterday at Mississauga office, decision made today. Waiting for Oath invite now.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
My dad passed away so I have to travel to my back home as soon as possible. I did the test on January 25, still IP till today my question can I email CIC to ask for Oath letter and quick process for this reason?
Thanks
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. You can ask but it's still likely to take some weeks. - at the quickest. If you need to travel this week, it's unlikely to be on a Canadian passport.

New_Citizen

Sep 19, 2017
Hi everyone!

I have done my test this morning. I got 20/20.
I read the book for 2 weeks and just did 2 free quizz on the net to see how it looks like, but seriously, all you need is to carefully read the book, everything is well explained in it.
The interview went well. It lasted 5 minutes long maximum. He looks after my passports, my PR and ID card.
He asked few questions about family, job and since how long i live in Canada.
He said that i should received the oath invitation in few month.
Now all I have to do is to wait.
Everything lasted 2 hours aproximatively.

Good luck for people who still waiting!

medoo

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. You can ask but it's still likely to take some weeks. - at the quickest. If you need to travel this week, it's unlikely to be on a Canadian passport.
Thank you I'll give it a try.