1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Guys,

Applied in September 2017 along with my kids . went on vacation and came back informed cic when I go out as well as after came back. Does it affect any progress. when i caled agent they say its in process you are about to get a test invite. I dont know if my application went in to secondary review. Is there any process to know status of my application

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Guys,

Applied in September 2017 along with my kids . went on vacation and came back informed cic when I go out as well as after came back. Does it affect any progress. when i caled agent they say its in process you are about to get a test invite. I dont know if my application went in to secondary review. Is there any process to know status of my application
you can check on ECAS online. You can use your particulars such as UCI, DOB and country of birth.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

New_Citizen

Sep 19, 2017
my husband just got his test invite! wuhuuuuu! it showed up on ecas this morning, but no letter yet...

Admin, can you please update?

1. We sent you a notice on March 13, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 5, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Congrats!

Reactions: miranda1986

Bonza

Feb 7, 2018
Hi Everyone,
so I called CIC this morning. They confirmed my file was sent to Mississauga Office... they said not to worry and that the file is in good order and under 12 months of processing !!! So Why didn't they send me a test invite.. I just don't get it. IP since Nov 1st , AOR Oct 4th, received Sep 4. Why does this office send test invites to people who applied in November and October and ignore the older files ???

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
my husband just got his test invite! wuhuuuuu! it showed up on ecas this morning, but no letter yet...

Admin, can you please update?

1. We sent you a notice on March 13, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 5, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
finally.. congrats.. and good luck for the test.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Wrote my exam yesterday.
20/20. perfect score.

Interview went very well. Asked some basic question. Oath Ceremony is tomorrow. :)

Admin please update!
congrats.. good to see the oath happening on the very next day.. some of us are waiting for long time after the test..

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
finally.. congrats.. and good luck for the test.
yes finally!

It is so odd. I dont really understand their process. I was thinking it depended on the nationality, but then our friend got his citizenship in 3.5 months! he also lives in ottawa, from the same background of my husband, has traveled more than us. he applied in november and had this oat ceremony early march. on the other hand, we waited in progress for more than the entire time it took him to become citizens. and i know there are others who have been waiting even longer :(

Oam123

Dec 14, 2017
Is it normal that I didn’t receive the actual letter since one week of my e case update for oath invitation ? I am getting worried

FMM_Guy

Oct 31, 2017
Fort McMurray
Category........
congrats.. good to see the oath happening on the very next day.. some of us are waiting for long time after the test..
Yeah The reason why we got next day oath ceremony because they are only coming to our city twice a year and there is no permeant office. They sent us a oath invite with our test invite and mentioned if you pass the test and meet all other requirement then we'll see you for oath ceremony.

Reactions: Kan_Sri and Pasi

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Well... This is weird... My husband and i applied together and we both took the test the same day... And his status at the ecas changed to DM and mine it's still IP... Same case??? Anyone??? :(
That's quite common. Your background check must still be in progress. It;s run independently for all applicants.

Reactions: itslulutime

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon

architectcarioca

Sep 21, 2010
That's quite common. Your background check must still be in progress. It;s run independently for all applicants.
Sorry, but are you sure? I ask this because my ecas still shows “IP” and we already had the interview. My file doesn’t show anything about interview and my partner (principal applicant) shows DM.

If it’s the way your are saying, mine would have to have the line “invited for test / interview” although I got the invitation (and it doesn’t show on ecas).

So... I am guessing (just a guess) that they don’t always update the ecas of all family members, only the main applicant...

Reactions: itslulutime

itslulutime

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Montreal
LANDED..........
01-12-2013
Sorry, but are you sure? I ask this because my ecas still shows “IP” and we already had the interview. My file doesn’t show anything about interview and my partner (principal applicant) shows DM.

If it’s the way your are saying, mine would have to have the line “invited for test / interview” although I got the invitation (and it doesn’t show on ecas).

So... I am guessing (just a guess) that they don’t always update the ecas of all family members, only the main applicant...
But such thing exist for citizenship app? Main applicant? I thought that just existed for the PR process