+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
I Called IRCC today to see if they have any updates. My status on ecas changed to 'In Process' on October 25th and no updates since then. The agent told me that my file was transferred to the local office (Mississauga) on December 02nd and no decision has been made yet. She mentioned that the local office has to make the final decision and allocate a test center/date. Does anyone why there is a sudden bottleneck? I saw a lot of October applicants receiving test invites. Can anyone shed some light what further checks are done in the local office and probable reason for the delay?

Last edited:

New_Citizen

Sep 19, 2017
I Called IRCC today to see if they have any updates. My status on ecas changed to 'In Process' on October 25th and no updates since then. The agent told me that my file was transferred to the local office (Mississauga) on December 02nd and no decision has been made yet. She mentioned that the local office has to make the final decision and allocate a test center/date. Does anyone why there is a sudden bottleneck? I saw a lot of October applicants receiving test invites. Can anyone shed some light what further checks are done in the local office and probable reason for the delay?
Nobody really knows.

Some says that it could depend of the person in charge of your files (some peoples are slower), your office (some offices have a lot more applicants), etc.

Personnaly, i think that the transition between C24 and C6 had some impacts too, added to explanations said earlier. September applicants were too close from the modifications of the law.

From the google spreedsheet, even november applicants of my office begins to complete their test...

Conclusion: thats a complete mystery, nobody knows how CIC works.

oar

Sep 20, 2017
Hi Guys, I got the test invite today. the test is in Kitchener. Does anyone know of anyone who has experience with Kitcheners office, like are they fast and stuff.
Admin please update my status.
Thank you everyone.

oar

Sep 20, 2017
@mhdsi78 from Kitchener, Applicant in May 2017.
Can you please reply there is no info on the spreadsheet after your Test invite.
Ill really appreciate if you could tell me the following. so i can compare your timing with mine;
1- How many days took from Test to Decision made.
2- How many days it took from DM to OATH letter
3- How many days it took from Oath letter to Oath.
I'll very thankful to you for your help.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, I got the test invite today. the test is in Kitchener. Does anyone know of anyone who has experience with Kitcheners office, like are they fast and stuff.
Admin please update my status.
Thank you everyone.
When is your test?

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
my wife and I passed the exam on Jan 24 and our E-cas still (in process) !!!!

do we have to order GCMS notes ?

or any other advice ?

thank you
It took for me after the test approx 2 months for the ecas to change to decision made. Be patient . everything will be ok.

samber

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
I am Mississauga applicant. Test date was 26 Feb, Scarborough.Passed test, interview went well, papers checked. All fine
What next . There is a great variation in time line for different offices.
Any idea how long will it take in my case as my PRC about to expire in March
Will appreciate your feedback

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
It took for me after the test approx 2 months for the ecas to change to decision made. Be patient . everything will be ok.
Any suggestion?

For the citizenship test, what documents must be brought with for interview? Pls tell anything needed if the following not completed:
1. passport (expired and renewed)
2. landing paper
3. PR CARD
4. Driver license
5. health card
6. diploma and transcripts (all original) to prove higher education (IN ENGLISH)

Do I need to prepare the above sets for the minors applied with me? They are not required to take the test nor interview though.

Thanks.