+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

Hilda55

Oct 15, 2017
Edmonton
If she was 54 when she applied, then she does need to take the test and interview both.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=374&top=5

Who has to take the citizenship test?
Everyone between the ages of 18 and 54 at the time they apply for citizenship must take the citizenship test. We use the test to determine if you have adequate knowledge of Canada and the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship.

If you are 55 or older when you apply, you do not have to take the test. If you turn 55 during the processing of your application, you still have to take the test since you were under 55 when you signed your application.
So it means they have to sit the exam.
Thank you

DEEP SLEEP

Apr 8, 2017
Oakville
Kindly update
Letter for test 12 Feb
Test date 1st March
Wish me luck

N.B I didn't receive any notifications from immigration since sending my application, therefore I have contacted them following your advice and they have discovered a typo mistake in my email address. It was corrected online (they had sent me an email showing me the steps) and requested to contact them again after one week. After one week they have sent me an email confirming the correction of my email address.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Kindly update
Letter for test 12 Feb
Test date 1st March
Wish me luck

N.B I didn't receive any notifications from immigration since sending my application, therefore I have contacted them following your advice and they have discovered a typo mistake in my email address. It was corrected online (they had sent me an email showing me the steps) and requested to contact them again after one week. After one week they have sent me an email confirming the correction of my email address.
Updated. Good luck!

Oam123

Dec 14, 2017
Kindly update
Letter for test 12 Feb
Test date 1st March
Wish me luck

Are you in Hamilton office ? We’re gonna be together in the test ;)

Reactions: DEEP SLEEP

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
How long does oath ceremony last? At Montreal office. Please share your experience thanks

Last edited:

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
For the citizenship test, what documents must be brought with for interview? Pls tell anything needed if the following not completed:
1. passport (expired and renewed)
2. landing paper
3. PR CARD
4. Driver license
5. health card
6. diploma and transcripts (all original) to prove higher education (IN ENGLISH)

Do I need to prepare the above sets for the minors applied with me? They are not required to take the test nor interview though.

Thanks.

0ntarian

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Finally completed Oath Ceremony today in Calgary with my family....It was amazing ceremony with around 90 new Canadians.....

Thank you all the forum Members who shared their experience and information to help us fill the application and keep us patience ;)

Wish you all to be a Canadian soon...
congrats!

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
pff... still no test invite. I think all of you will be getting your passports and traveling the world before my husband gets his test invite... i mean we applied in mid september, what could be taken so long?

Bonza

Feb 7, 2018
pff... still no test invite. I think all of you will be getting your passports and traveling the world before my husband gets his test invite... i mean we applied in mid september, what could be taken so long?
which office ? I applied early in September and still no test invite.. don't worry you are not alone ! Mine is either Mississauga or Scarborough .....

miranda1986

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
which office ? I applied early in September and still no test invite.. don't worry you are not alone ! Mine is either Mississauga or Scarborough .....
Ottawa office.. We have been in process since Nov 24...
Maybe it is because of the country you guys are from. My husband is from Bangladesh.

salutcemoi

Feb 27, 2018
Hi all, new here

I'm based in Montreal

I had my exam on January 19, 2018. I scored 20/20; at the end of my meeting, the agent told me that the next step will be the oath (unless they want to verify stuff, but I think they say that to every applicant).

Since then, my status hasn't been updated yet, still waiting to get to "decision made" ........