+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

spat71

Dec 6, 2017
Osjacume asked me if the agent after my test (Jan 15) indicated when I could expect the oath letter: Unfortunately, he said between 2 and 6 months. I asked why it might be as long as 6 months (i.e. what would explain this huge gap) and he didn't answer - just said that 6 months would be well within the processing expectations.
A bit disappointing. The other parts of this process have moved along more quickly that I expected - I hope it doesn't change now. Also, for anyone in this situation from Montreal, there is actually a group on this forum that is called something like "Time from Test to Oath Ceremony for Montreal Applicants." It hasn't been updated since about Nov. but I'm still checking it often...
In general, the agent I met with was pretty relaxed, barely glanced at my documents! Instead of quizzing me over my various trips, he asked general questions, like 'how did you keep track of your dates?' The DM came 2 days later, which I hope is a good sign.

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
Thanks
No she didn’t ask about anything except my passport and its translate ( because I have some stamps not in En or Fr )

osjacume

Mar 3, 2017
Osjacume asked me if the agent after my test (Jan 15) indicated when I could expect the oath letter: Unfortunately, he said between 2 and 6 months. I asked why it might be as long as 6 months (i.e. what would explain this huge gap) and he didn't answer - just said that 6 months would be well within the processing expectations.
A bit disappointing. The other parts of this process have moved along more quickly that I expected - I hope it doesn't change now. Also, for anyone in this situation from Montreal, there is actually a group on this forum that is called something like "Time from Test to Oath Ceremony for Montreal Applicants." It hasn't been updated since about Nov. but I'm still checking it often...
In general, the agent I met with was pretty relaxed, barely glanced at my documents! Instead of quizzing me over my various trips, he asked general questions, like 'how did you keep track of your dates?' The DM came 2 days later, which I hope is a good sign.
Thank you spat71!
Hope it doesn't take that long for the oath ceremony. Gotta fill up with a little of patience, the journey is almost over.

uCHEMAMA

Jan 3, 2017
i sent my application Sept 1st, Aor Sept 7th, In Process Oct 7th - no movement since then!. Toronto Office
Tried multiple times to reach CIC however wasnt able to get through.
Anyone can guide me on the IVR selctions they are making to get CIC on Phone?
This is so frustrating. Since yours is in Process since Oct 7th then me since Nov 21st have a long way to go then

uCHEMAMA

Jan 3, 2017
It took them about 2 months and 9 days to send me the test invite from IP, so I hope you will get it soon! Toronto is generally slow and the average seems to be higher than other places, if you look across the data for other months.
Thank you

chshaojin

Oct 19, 2017
Although the fingerprints report was ready by the end of Nov. 2017, just got it last week. Sent to the St. Clair office, reached there yesterday, and today got the test invitation: Feb. 15 at Town Center Scarborough.

Please update. Good luck to everyone.

spat71

Dec 6, 2017
baqeel - you asked if anything in my ecas status changed after the DM notice:

No. After I click on the status of "Decision Made," the last thing that comes up is my test invitation and date. So they don't seem to post anything beyond that till the oath invitation comes through.

Reactions: baaqeel

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
good afternoon,

Today we passed the citizenship exam in Montreal my wife got 19/20 and i got 20/20 , it was not an easy one

but with good reading and understanding Discover Canada book, anyone can pass it easily.

i hope the waiting for Oath invitation will not take a long.

good luck to everyone.

Me too I got perfect score. I submit mine as soon I finished so during interview they call my name right away. How long did they told you waiting time for oath taking? The officer told me 4-6 months. That’s already spring or summer time.

baaqeel

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Longueuil
Me too I got perfect score. I submit mine as soon I finished so during interview they call my name right away. How long did they told you waiting time for oath taking? The officer told me 4-6 months. That’s already spring or summer time.
The officer told me it takes about 4 months for the oath