Med's Request
REQUESTED, now in process
Interview........
Hopefull very soon
Passport Req..
SOON!!!
daphnemarie said:
Yup! You got it :) congrats!
My ECAS still in the line 1 but my File was transfered to VO MEXICO, i hate Wait

katiejayne

Oct 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-10-2016
Hello, please can someone help me? I am a October applicant, they requested the IMM5562 form which I thought was odd given that Ottawa is processing- I have completed and sent back. Anyone else had this?

Also does anyone know, once it's been approved, how long do you have to enter the country before the permanent residence becomes invalid?

family four

Sep 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-16
AOR Received.
29-09-16
File Transfer...
05-10-16
Med's Done....
12-07-16
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
CaroM8 said:
Good morning fellow September applicants!

I thought I'd start a little conversation with you all, to distract us a little bit during these stressful times ;)

I'm curious to find out how all of you met your partner or spouse? :)

I'll start! I was traveling through Central America a couple of years ago and made a stop in Antigua, Guatemala to do some volunteer work. There I met a handsome local fella and well, fell in love with him! Haha .. That's the very very short version of it! :p

Your turn!
Hi CaroM8. Ive never been to Central America! I imagine its beautiful! Do you still live there? Heres my short version. I met my husband in a hostel just a block from central park, NYC. We were both travelling alone and he spoke english and I was studying Spanish so we decided to do some touring together, and he was so kind, and a true gentleman to me.. I fell for him! lol. the next 2 years we flew back and forth visiting each other and each others countries. Finally we decided to get married and since he had his career more established in Chile, we moved there. Now, 9 years and 2 kids later, we have decided that we want our kids to grow up in Canada because there are many advantages for them there. So there you go! (Not so short after all.. Sorry!) :)

family four

Sep 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-16
AOR Received.
29-09-16
File Transfer...
05-10-16
Med's Done....
12-07-16
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
daphnemarie said:
Yup! You got it :) congrats!
Yippie!!! THANKS!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
family four said:
Hi CaroM8. Ive never been to Central America! I imagine its beautiful! Do you still live there? Heres my short version. I met my husband in a hostel just a block from central park, NYC. We were both travelling alone and he spoke english and I was studying Spanish so we decided to do some touring together, and he was so kind, and a true gentleman to me.. I fell for him! lol. the next 2 years we flew back and forth visiting each other and each others countries. Finally we decided to get married and since he had his career more established in Chile, we moved there. Now, 9 years and 2 kids later, we have decided that we want our kids to grow up in Canada because there are many advantages for them there. So there you go! (Not so short after all.. Sorry!) :)
Ah that is such a nice story :) Thank you for sharing!!
Yes I still live here with my husband. We've visited Canada a couple of times together but here is our home for now. Until the end of this process! Haha

On a side note, I didn't know that Mexico City processed application from Chile! How strange. Mexico is so slow! Haha

family four

Sep 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-16
AOR Received.
29-09-16
File Transfer...
05-10-16
Med's Done....
12-07-16
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
CaroM8 said:
On a side note, I didn't know that Mexico City processed application from Chile! How strange. Mexico is so slow! Haha
Yes, Im actually surprised we got the AOR2 this week, i figured we wouldn't see it until December! Maybe they are getting quicker?!?!

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
family four said:
Yes, Im actually surprised we got the AOR2 this week, i figured we wouldn't see it until December! Maybe they are getting quicker?!?!
I hope so! I'm a couple of weeks behind you, so fingers crossed! Either way we are not expecting to be able to move to Canada until July maybe?!

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
CaroM8 said:
Good morning fellow September applicants!

I thought I'd start a little conversation with you all, to distract us a little bit during these stressful times ;)

I'm curious to find out how all of you met your partner or spouse? :)

I'll start! I was traveling through Central America a couple of years ago and made a stop in Antigua, Guatemala to do some volunteer work. There I met a handsome local fella and well, fell in love with him! Haha .. That's the very very short version of it! :p

Your turn!
We originally met online in a chat room for a TV show we're both huge fans of, more than a decade ago. A small group of us from that chat room eventually formed our own private chat room, and we all got to know each other better that way. Then we started playing World of Warcraft together, which ended up leading to us doing voice chat. First, just for the game, and then it became a habit to do voice chat for several hours a night. Back in 2015 I started realizing I had feelings for him and managed to get up the courage to actually say something, which turned into him admitting he'd had feelings for me for a while but hadn't said anything, which led to us arranging our first in-person meeting. And then everything snowballed from there. :)

sweethunkUSman

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2016
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016
Med's Request
passed
Med's Done....
September 2nd 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Background check: Nov 29 2016; DM (ECAS): Jan 15 2017; passport photocopy/2 photos email request Jan 23 2017; Received in Ottawa Feb 1 2017; COPR mailed Feb 8 2017
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR on Feb 8 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 20 2017
danawhitaker said:
We originally met online in a chat room for a TV show we're both huge fans of, more than a decade ago. A small group of us from that chat room eventually formed our own private chat room, and we all got to know each other better that way. Then we started playing World of Warcraft together, which ended up leading to us doing voice chat. First, just for the game, and then it became a habit to do voice chat for several hours a night. Back in 2015 I started realizing I had feelings for him and managed to get up the courage to actually say something, which turned into him admitting he'd had feelings for me for a while but hadn't said anything, which led to us arranging our first in-person meeting. And then everything snowballed from there. :)
I love all the stories, keep them coming!

My turn: I have a twist. Before I met my husband I was with a Russian doctoral student for 6 years that I met at my Canadian university. We were together 6 years and then he graduated and applied for a post graduate work permit that it turned out he wasn't eligible for, but he left to Moscow before receiving the result. Canada denied him and wouldn't let him come back. Turns out Canada had my back, we weren't meant to last and things quickly fell apart once he was stuck somewhere else. The funny thing is, I had desperately put together a sponsorship package for him. It had made it to the Moscow embassy the day before I decided I didn't trust him anymore. So it got incinerated there.

Fast forward 2 years and I was just finishing healing from that experience when I was on my first trip to Europe for a conference. I stopped in London UK after and went looking for live music in Camden Town hoping to dance with a British guy, instead I met a boisterous American living 3 hours from me back home! Love at first sight, married a year later, another year and now I'm on this forum. It was really weird re-doing the sponsorship app with a new man's face attached. I hope Canada isn't rolling it's eyes at me.

Who's next, stories!!!!!

mcharade

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
14-10-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug. 2016
sweethunkUSman said:
I love all the stories, keep them coming!

Who's next, stories!!!!!
Thanks for the stories, everyone. In return, I'll share too. I met my partner at a mutual friend's birthday party while we were all living in Japan as English teachers. My partner and I hit it off immediately and spent every second of the party together. After that we lost touch though because my partner was living three hours away from me. Then we met at another party on Thanksgiving and hit it off again, this time we were determined to keep in contact. After about two weeks we started dating seriously. My partner then moved to Taiwan for a year, but we maintained our relationship. It was incredibly difficult to be apart (as all of you know very well!), so when my partner returned to Canada I decided to cancel my contract in Japan and follow along so that we could get married and finally be together.

sweethunkUSman

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2016
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016
Med's Request
passed
Med's Done....
September 2nd 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Background check: Nov 29 2016; DM (ECAS): Jan 15 2017; passport photocopy/2 photos email request Jan 23 2017; Received in Ottawa Feb 1 2017; COPR mailed Feb 8 2017
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR on Feb 8 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 20 2017
mcharade said:
Thanks for the stories, everyone. In return, I'll share too. I met my partner at a mutual friend's birthday party while we were all living in Japan as English teachers. My partner and I hit it off immediately and spent every second of the party together. After that we lost touch though because my partner was living three hours away from me. Then we met at another party on Thanksgiving and hit it off again, this time we were determined to keep in contact. After about two weeks we started dating seriously. My partner then moved to Taiwan for a year, but we maintained our relationship. It was incredibly difficult to be apart (as all of you know very well!), so when my partner returned to Canada I decided to cancel my contract in Japan and follow along so that we could get married and finally be together.
so much turmoil but now you're so close. wonderful

emira

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
10-13-2016
File Transfer...
10-24-2016
Med's Done....
01-09-2016
Passport Req..
03-02-2017
I guess I'm gonna add my story on here too..

We're actually related. (not by blood though). His cousin is my aunt. (married to my mom's brother).

A couple of years ago, I was back home visiting family. My main hub is my grandmothers place but I go all over Bosnia. So, I was at my grandmother's and my aunts mom and dad decide to come visit spontaneously.
Being the good Bosnian girl that I am, I make coffee and make lunch, and then dinner. Well his aunt (my aunts mom) really liked all my housewife skills so she decided to introduce me to him. (Even though I've known of him since my uncle married). We went out for the rest of that summer and kept in contact once I came back to Canada.
Unfortunately, I was feeling all hot and cold about it so we'd talk and then stop talking. He asked me to marry him about 10 times and I always said no.
One night I got really drunk, and when I came home I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about him. I messaged him saying if he wants to get married, I'm only asking once.
That was 1 year ago tomorrow. I went back to Bosnia this summer and we got married.

That's our story.

BTW; can we all agree how amazing Viber and WhatsApp are?!?!

Bestwifey

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
App. Filed.......
23/9/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016
File Transfer...
26/10/2016
Med's Request
26/10/2017
Med's Done....
Upfront with app+med redo
Interview........
26/10/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
Sending pp on 8/11/2017
Hello everyone thought I'd share my story. Met my best friend and life partner at a support group we both attended. It was love at first sight. But I had to play hard to get lol. Even after we exchanged numbers and talked everyday or every other day. After about 2 months of falling over each other just as friends finally build up the courage to ask me out. A dated for about a month then we moved in together. 3 months after that I got a proposal I could not refuse. To be a wife to the most kind hearted and g enormous person I know. 2 months after that we got married on May 27th 2015. Best day of my life. We tried the inland sponsorship and in march 2016 went back home. Now we are trying again as outland and everything is good so far. BUT I miss my spouse haven't seen since June. But we are determined to be together and live our lives..

sweethunkUSman

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2016
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016
Med's Request
passed
Med's Done....
September 2nd 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR on Feb 8 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 20 2017
Bestwifey said:
Hello everyone thought I'd share my story. Met my best friend and life partner at a support group we both attended. It was love at first sight. But I had to play hard to get lol. Even after we exchanged numbers and talked everyday or every other day. After about 2 months of falling over each other just as friends finally build up the courage to ask me out. A dated for about a month then we moved in together. 3 months after that I got a proposal I could not refuse. To be a wife to the most kind hearted and g enormous person I know. 2 months after that we got married on May 27th 2015. Best day of my life. We tried the inland sponsorship and in march 2016 went back home. Now we are trying again as outland and everything is good so far. BUT I miss my spouse haven't seen since June. But we are determined to be together and live our lives..
What happened with inland, why leave it? $$$$? I'm curious, that sounds like a tough transition for you...

we were married April 25th, 2015, so cool we were all being all romantic and stuff around the same time, the world is smaller than i thought...

family four

Sep 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-16
AOR Received.
29-09-16
File Transfer...
05-10-16
Med's Done....
12-07-16
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
emira said:
BTW; can we all agree how amazing Viber and WhatsApp are?!?!
Yes, love whatsapp and I love all these stories!! :)