+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2016 Citizenship Applicants

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Oath taken. Finally a canadian citizen. I wish the best for everyone and thank you everyone for your help. Especially Imran,Rigly and shuyrun.

I will keep visiting to help out others and give them all the information i have. A long journey finally completed.Proud to be a citizen of this great country.

Best of luck everyone.

@imran : please update my file. The oath date was changed to May 2nd 2017 from April 27th 2017.

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!

I got good news today too:

We sent you a notice on May 2, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 18, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VraiVie said:
Oath taken. Finally a canadian citizen. I wish the best for everyone and thank you everyone for your help. Especially Imran,Rigly and shuyrun.

I will keep visiting to help out others and give them all the information i have. A long journey finally completed.Proud to be a citizen of this great country.

Best of luck everyone.

@imran : please update my file. The oath date was changed to May 2nd 2017 from April 27th 2017.
Best of Luck...

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyurun79 said:
Congratulations!

We sent you a notice on May 2, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 18, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment.
wow...wow.. wow...
i am really happy for you...
YOU WIN..
best of luck.. my status still remain the same..
might be they choose me for July 1
This is my last bump to sept threat..after completing timeline of Shyurun..
its been really good run almost 110 pages and over 1625 posts..
very thankful to all the contributors...

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
shyurun79 said:
Congratulations!

big congrats ,, hoping to read that line on my eCas some time

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imran01 said:
wow...wow.. wow...
i am really happy for you...
YOU WIN..
best of luck.. my status still remain the same..
might be they choose me for July 1
This is my last bump to sept threat..after completing timeline of Shyurun..
its been really good run almost 110 pages and over 1600 posts..
very thankful to all the contributors...
Likewise! I am thankful to you and all folks offered their help and comments in this thread.

Devs

Nov 2, 2016
CITIZENSHIP OATH CEREMONY PROCESS

Hi All
We had our Oath ceremony yesterday (04-May-2017) at the Scarborough center in Toronto. The entire process took 90 min and it was a very smooth process.

I am listing below the process for people that want to know the process
1) Our oath ceremony was scheduled for 8:30 AM
2) We reached the center at 8:00 AM
3) When you enter, the clerk at the reception will check your invitation letter and write your seat assignment on the form
4) The page 3 of the invitation letter must be signed and dated (please do this before to save time)
5) You then will join the line to the ceremony room
6) They will make an announcement asking you to keep your the following documents ready (i) Oath Letter (ii) Signed Page 3 of the oath letter (iii) your original landing document (iv) Your Permanent resident (PR) Card
7) I had also taken (a) our expired and current Indian passports (b) Originals of all documents I submitted with my application (c) My Drivers License and (d) Health Card.
8) They will check the documents at the door then let you in (no idea why it puts a smiley face instead of the no eight)
9) Once inside, they will take your (i) Permanent Residence (PR) Card (ii) Signed Page 3 and (iii) Original Landing documents
10) ********* I scanned all my documents a couple of days before so I have a copy of it*********
11) You then sit at your assigned seat
12) Only 1 Guest per family is allowed and they have to sit separately
13) The clerk will come and explain the procedure
14) The judge takes his seat
15) All stand and take the Oath
16) The judge will make some comments
17) The Clerk will call your name and the Judge will hand over your citizenship certificate
18) You have to then walk to the end of the room and sign a document
19) When all the certificates are handed out, the national anthem is sung
20) The judge walks back to his chamber
21) He came back 1 min later to take pictures with everyone

It was a very smooth process. I was amazed by the diversity I saw and felt very proud to have finally become a Canadian Citizen.

Thank you all for taking time and contributing to this forum. It was a great platform for reducing anxiety.
All the best.

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
ohk. even the original copr is gone. they dont return it again ?

visitor007

Oct 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Devs said:
CITIZENSHIP OATH CEREMONY PROCESS

Hi All
We had our Oath ceremony yesterday (04-May-2017) at the Scarborough center in Toronto. The entire process took 90 min and it was a very smooth process.

I am listing below the process for people that want to know the process
1) Our oath ceremony was scheduled for 8:30 AM
2) We reached the center at 8:00 AM
3) When you enter, the clerk at the reception will check your invitation letter and write your seat assignment on the form
4) The page 3 of the invitation letter must be signed and dated (please do this before to save time)
5) You then will join the line to the ceremony room
6) They will make an announcement asking you to keep your the following documents ready (i) Oath Letter (ii) Signed Page 3 of the oath letter (iii) your original landing document (iv) Your Permanent resident (PR) Card
7) I had also taken (a) our expired and current Indian passports (b) Originals of all documents I submitted with my application (c) My Drivers License and (d) Health Card.
8) They will check the documents at the door then let you in (no idea why it puts a smiley face instead of the no eight)
9) Once inside, they will take your (i) Permanent Residence (PR) Card (ii) Signed Page 3 and (iii) Original Landing documents
10) ********* I scanned all my documents a couple of days before so I have a copy of it*********
11) You then sit at your assigned seat
12) Only 1 Guest per family is allowed and they have to sit separately
13) The clerk will come and explain the procedure
14) The judge takes his seat
15) All stand and take the Oath
16) The judge will make some comments
17) The Clerk will call your name and the Judge will hand over your citizenship certificate
18) You have to then walk to the end of the room and sign a document
19) When all the certificates are handed out, the national anthem is sung
20) The judge walks back to his chamber
21) He came back 1 min later to take pictures with everyone

It was a very smooth process. I was amazed by the diversity I saw and felt very proud to have finally become a Canadian Citizen.

Thank you all for taking time and contributing to this forum. It was a great platform for reducing anxiety.
All the best.
Thanks for the info ;D

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a little disappointed to see only 1 guest is allowed per family. My parents happen to visit me this year and I am thinking to bring them to witness my ceremony. :(

Devs

Nov 2, 2016
sidestep4u said:
ohk. even the original copr is gone. they dont return it again ?
Yes. Original PR and Landing document will be taken from you. The oath invitation letter is given back to you.

Devs

Nov 2, 2016
shyurun79 said:
I am a little disappointed to see only 1 guest is allowed per family. My parents happen to visit me this year and I am thinking to bring them to witness my ceremony. :(
The room is rather small so I can see why they have the 1 guest rule. They do strictly enforce the 1 guest rule.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Devs said:
Yes. Original PR and Landing document will be taken from you. The oath invitation letter is given back to you.
They should not take the landing document away from you as you need to keep this one for later when your apply for pension.