+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2016 Citizenship Applicants

ivana

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
hopinggirl said:
Hello!! Just checked today, 02/28 and saw that my ECAS status has chaned from In process (since after test and interview on 11/03/2016) to Decision Made. Fingers crossed that i'll hear back for Oath taking soon!

Vancouver office
Hello hopinggirl, I hope it goes fast for you. We have the same time line... still waiting since Dec 5th [ecas changed to DM]. Keep us updated. Good luck!

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopinggirl said:
Hello!! Just checked today, 02/28 and saw that my ECAS status has chaned from In process (since after test and interview on 11/03/2016) to Decision Made. Fingers crossed that i'll hear back for Oath taking soon!

Vancouver office
that's a good news...
Congrats...

hopinggirl

Oct 31, 2016
imran01 said:
that's a good news...
Congrats...
What should I wait for next? Just the mail? Or will there be another line in the ECAS if i clicked "decision made"? a bit nervous still cause so many people have also been in DM status and ended up waiting for so long still :(

DRAKE2015

Sep 19, 2016
Hopinggirl, my suggestion to you is call CIC and check status. They could give you some update. I would not take more than 5 minutes. They may informally give you oath date.

Shabih

Feb 10, 2014
Calgary Office is very very slow as well.
Given Test on 13th December. Still waiting. (In Progress) showing since then. :'( :'( :'( :'( ::) ::) ::)

Shabih

Feb 10, 2014
DRAKE2015 said:
Hopinggirl, my suggestion to you is call CIC and check status. They could give you some update. I would not take more than 5 minutes. They may informally give you oath date.
They Never give you any dates on the phone, unless a letter is already sent to you and they would be informing you about the same letter.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Shabih said:
Given Test on 13th December. Still waiting. (In Progress) showing since then. :'( :'( :'( :'( ::) ::) ::)
My neighbor in Calgary passed her test early January and last week she got oath invite. She applied in October. Seems like it depends who processes the application.

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shabih said:
it problably depends on who processed. mine was fast. after i took test, 2 days for DM then 12 days to receive oath

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shabih said:
i think you spoke after a very long time..'
can you share your full timeline...coz our spread sheet is not updated for you test invite and test date..
and if i remember correctly you have 2 family applications in process.

hopinggirl

Oct 31, 2016
Shabih said:
They Never give you any dates on the phone, unless a letter is already sent to you and they would be informing you about the same letter.
Hello! Either way I did try calling out of curiosity and the person i spoke with said that there isnt any specific dates yet but I should be expecting something in the mail this month (march). He also told me to call back mid-March if i do not receive anything in the mail by then.... so really, i guess its just another section of the waiting game ??? :eek:

hopinggirl

Oct 31, 2016
DRAKE2015 said:
Are you applying thru the Surrey/Vancouver office? Ive noticed that our timelines dates are pretty much similar!

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
And you are 100% right!

Its all depends on the officer that is handling your application.

Now its almost six weeks and I am waiting for oath, I already have DM on my eCas account, but I guess the officer is sleeping on it.

Godzilla9 said:
My neighbor in Calgary passed her test early January and last week she got oath invite. She applied in October. Seems like it depends who processes the application.

journeytocitizenship

Sep 20, 2016
Hello everyone,

My updated timeline is as follows
Long story short...my test was rescheduled for February 23rd because I missed it on January 19th due to emergency.
I passed the test 20/20. The officer briefly scanned through my passport and told me that Oath would be between 2 months and 4 months.

DM was 1 day later on February 24th on ECAS.

March 3rd I received a letter that my Oath will be on March 21st.

Please update spreadsheet.

Thank you,

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
journeytocitizenship said:
Hello everyone,

My updated timeline is as follows
Long story short...my test was rescheduled for February 23rd because I missed it on January 19th due to emergency.
I passed the test 20/20. The officer briefly scanned through my passport and told me that Oath would be between 2 months and 4 months.

DM was 1 day later on February 24th on ECAS.

March 3rd I received a letter that my Oath will be on March 21st.

Please update spreadsheet.

Thank you,
done